Guys at the BMW dealer, what tools!

2tonOfun

Established Member
I head over to my local BMW dealer to buy some parts to fix my wifes 325iT because unlike most Beemer owners I know that they are very easy to work on and it's the labor that gets you hard while bent over at the service counter.
Anyway, we pull in to the parking lot in my Lightning and pull right up to a group of salesmen and three of the tards are leaning on a brand new M6 that is for sale on the lot!
I mean what the hell man? How much does one of those babies cost anyway?
They are very cool looking, but those guys, no respect.
They are checking out my truck and I say to my wife "you know what I'd do if they were leaning on my truck right"? and she's like "Oooh yeah".
I get out and say "is that how you guys polish these things, with your asses"?
They just sort of grunt and then when we come back out of the parts counter they literally sneer at us.

What a bunch of tools.

Any way, rant over. I just don't get it. they are selling these cars and they don't even seem to apriciate what they are.

logan_yomtov

Established Member
not a good habit to get into as a salesman since you're degrading the very product you're trying to sell, but when i was selling cars, even i would catch myself leaning on them every once in a while....

i'm sure if you called the store and asked to speak to the gsm and told him that his sales guys were all leaning on the m6 in the front of the dealer, he'd probably chew their asses out at their next meeting.

ByteMe

Established Member
Was I the only one who expected to see a tool box the size of a beer truck loaded with dial indicators and special torque wrenches??

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
ByteMe said:
Was I the only one who expected to see a tool box the size of a beer truck loaded with dial indicators and special torque wrenches??

Yes. You haven't been here long enough to know that people complain on this forum about everything that happened during the day. :shrug:

BelvedereGTX

Banned
2tonOfun said:
I
I get out and say "is that how you guys polish these things, with your asses"?
They just sort of grunt and then when we come back out of the parts are.
I think u might have a few issues as well to have gotten out and actually said something like that. I mean come on dude really.

Common

Established Member
03silversvt said:
I think u might have a few issues as well to have gotten out and actually said something like that. I mean come on dude really.

I see your point but some people would, I mean some of the guys that buy these 100k vehicles are verry verry anal about some things, I for ex would never ever buy a car, come to pick it up(If I were to afford one), IF I saw one SINGLE swirl or scratch....................100K deal and their commision is OFF(I know a few rather rich people that are the same). I mean cmon, IT'S A 100K CAR :bash: .

BelvedereGTX

Banned
Common said:
I see your point but some people would, I mean some of the guys that buy these 100k vehicles are verry verry anal about some things, I for ex would never ever buy a car, come to pick it up(If I were to afford one), IF I saw one SINGLE swirl or scratch....................100K deal and their commision is OFF(I know a few rather rich people that are the same). I mean cmon, IT'S A 100K CAR :bash: .
I understand your point but many people do the same shit to their own cars and they sell them. You just cant go around acting like car cops talkin trash. Yeah if someone leans on your car than yes, something ought to be said.

txyaloo

Established Member
That's typically what I've run into at the BMW dealership around here. It's unfortunate. When I had my 540, I'd drive 60 miles one way to the next closest dealership just because the service was that much better.

BTW a BMW car is a Bimmer, a BMW motorcycle is a Beemer.

txyaloo

Established Member
nastynivek said:
Thanks for that info. LOL.:rollseyes

Haha, when you get into the BMW scene the old guys give you hell if you call a car a beemer. Guess it's just a habit I picked up too. :D

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I went to a Ford dealership today and all the salesmen were leaning on a new truck :shrug:

2tonOfun

Established Member
03silversvt said:

The only issue I have is I say what I think.

I could care less what those guys think of me and I'm sure they don't care what I think but I like to call people on shit.

I guess you may be right, the other possible underlying issue may have been the quote they gave me to replace the expansion tank in my wifes car.
$470.00.
I bought the tank from them for $80.00 (after talking them down from $119.00) and did the install in 20 mins.
Now, that's my first time doing that job. How the hell do they justify $470.00?
Do they charge $800.00 an hour labor?

Anyway, I'm kidding about issues. I think I'm a pretty normal car loving guy.
I don't like to see people leaning on a car that sells for more then 100k.:shrug:

BM1

Established Member
The cars don't mean shit to them. They want the sale and the paycheck. That is how car salesmen work.

03silversvt said:

+1

That whole thing screams of a guy with Mr. Attitude syndrome.

Last edited:

2tonOfun

Established Member
Black Mach 1 said:
The cars don't mean shit to them. They want the sale and the paycheck. That is how car salesmen work.

+1

That whole thing screams of a guy with Mr. Attitude syndrome.

I guess your right then, I have an attitude. I wasn't trying to make friends.
I'll go give myself a time out.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
2tonOfun said:
I guess your right then, I have an attitude. I wasn't trying to make friends.
I'll go give myself a time out.

Instead of a time out you might want to look over your truck for key marks and the like. Mouthing off to people then leaving them unattended by your vehicle is a very stupid thing to do. Not that they didn't deserve your kind words, but you need to think about the overall scenario before you say something.

Users who are viewing this thread