Votes: 196 52.7%
  • H-pipes

Votes: 176 47.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fast Willy

Established Member
A lot of people like that sound of the H-pipe a lot more because that what they come with from the factory. But the x-pipe tends to give you like 5 more rwhp. It all depends on what your looking for.

Chipper08

Established Member
BLK_03 said:
H- all the way. I have had an off road H for a few months now... Loud as hell and sounds good! I love it...

BTW, I have another MRT O/R H brand new for sale... (buddy backed out)

PM me with a price on the O/R H-Pipe if you still have it

Thanks ...Chip

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
Wow, this one is close. It's all what you like sound wise. Personaly I like the X's sounde better, so that's what I went with.

Slow

tupaukx

H pipe is for chambered mufflers and X pipe is for straight through mufflers..Depends on the tone you are looking for..MAC/Flowmaster sound good with H pipe and Borla and Bassini sound good with X pipe... I have a brand new BBK off road X pipe for sale part number 1669. If interested please send me an email at [email protected] and I can send you pics of it.

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
I have bassani mid length headers, so you pretty much have to go with bassani x pipe, or start to cut up an H pipe.. Just easier to get the x.. I like the sound with the bassani headers, xpipe and cat back.. :beer:

Ultimate CC

Established Member
Does anyone run custom exhaust setups on their cobras? I mean like going to an exhaust shop and have them make a full exhaust that attaches to whatever aftermarket headers you chose. I am in the process of getting a Cobra and trying to figure out what route of mods I would like to go.

Thanks
Dan

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Ultimate CC said:
Does anyone run custom exhaust setups on their cobras? I mean like going to an exhaust shop and have them make a full exhaust that attaches to whatever aftermarket headers you chose. I am in the process of getting a Cobra and trying to figure out what route of mods I would like to go.

Thanks
Dan

I think you will find the pre-fab aftermarket items to be of higher quality and will get better longevity from them. I have seen some 'custom' exhaust jobs and none of them impressed me.

Ultimate CC

Established Member
TrueBlueGT said:
I think you will find the pre-fab aftermarket items to be of higher quality and will get better longevity from them. I have seen some 'custom' exhaust jobs and none of them impressed me.

Sounds good, I was just wondering if anyone has done that, I am going to go with bassani x pipe and catback.

Dan

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Ultimate CC said:
Sounds good, I was just wondering if anyone has done that, I am going to go with bassani x pipe and catback.

Dan

good choice. I went with magnaflow because the performance was the same (or better), the quality was good, and the price was about 30% less than bassani or borla.
I haven't regretted my choices as I'm sure you won't with the bassani pieces.

BTW, I am running an o/r x w/ catback, both from magnaflow.

Cobra-Master

Established Member
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread