Votes: 196 52.7%
  • H-pipes

Votes: 176 47.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kobra

Established Member
I've heard some good and some bad for each and i just want to see what you guys think. Im looking for power but i want it to sound nice. :shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had a Magnaflow catted X-pipe and if I were to do it again I would go with the MRT catted H-pipe. Power wise I'm guessing they're about the same. But the tone is quite different. I was never 100% satisfied with the exotic tone of the X-pipe. I have heard MRT H-pipe setups and have to say they have a much nicer "muscle Mustang" tone. JMO.

rips-stang

Established Member
H-pipe...I have a X-pipe with some borla mufflers on my GT and it sounds to raspy sometimes.

tuke

I am t3h Banned
Established Member
H pipe, compliments the sound of the V8 better

oldmodman

Established Member
I just got my March issue of Mustang Enthusiast, and they did a test of a bunch of X pipes & H pipes, and one off road (catless) X. The test of the Dr Gas X pipes, catted & off road showed 1 to 2 hp more without cats from 2800 up to 4600. 1 to 2 hp less from 4800 tp 5200. And from 1 more up to 6 more hp from 5400 to 6800. All their tests were done on a normally apirated 4.6L four valve 97 Cobra. And just in case your wondering the catted X made more hp than the H pipe everywhere. From 1 to 4 hp (doesn't seam like very much does it?) But the most interesting difference between X & H was that all the people at the test said that the H was MUCH louder. So much louder that they could no longer stand behind the car while it was being run on the dyno.

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
oldmodman said:
But the most interesting difference between X & H was that all the people at the test said that the H was MUCH louder. So much louder that they could no longer stand behind the car while it was being run on the dyno.

I hope your not saying thats a bad thing :dw: I had LightingJoe95 drive my car up and down the street so I could hear it, sounded so good it almost brought a tear to my eye :bowdown:

Dave

oldmodman

Established Member
Davesnake said:
I hope your not saying thats a bad thing :dw: I had LightingJoe95 drive my car up and down the street so I could hear it, sounded so good it almost brought a tear to my eye :bowdown:

Dave

Nope, just a quote from the article. I am keeping my stock H on my Cobra.
If I ever get tired of the deeper, louder "H" sound I'll get a Catted X pipe.
But I have to admit, I wouldn't mind if my car sounded like a Ferrari 360 Modena. God, they sound great at 8,000 rpm!

CY98Cobra

Established Member
i like both but my preference is x-pipes with straight through mufflers and h with chambered. but i love the exotic v8 sound also. ferraris sound sweet

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
I think Farrari's sound great too......as long as it's a Ferrari....I drive a Cobra and I think it should sound like an American muscle car. :burnout:

Dave

BLK_03

Established Member
H- all the way. I have had an off road H for a few months now... Loud as hell and sounds good! I love it...

BTW, I have another MRT O/R H brand new for sale... (buddy backed out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread