• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HHSSSSS

Established Member
tuke said:
H pipe, compliments the sound of the V8 better

agree.

h's sound better and add a little low end power. you lose a little power at the low end with the x, but gain it at the higher ends. but since you have a sc cobra, it shouldn't make much of a difference. i prefer the muscle car sound of the h.

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
HHSSSSS said:
agree.

h's sound better and add a little low end power. you lose a little power at the low end with the x, but gain it at the higher ends. but since you have a sc cobra, it shouldn't make much of a difference. i prefer the muscle car sound of the h.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. That statement above has IMHO alot to do with which exhaust your running too. H's sound better with chambered mufflers IMHO.. Try a straight up H pipe on a Magnaflow and IMHO it sounds Harley!. ugh!.. now a straight thru muffler like the magnaflow and an Xpipe sound great together.

Again folks.. I used to follow these "What exhaust Sounds best" threads and then as if a light switch came on.. I now get it.. Just like other folks have been saying that used to go in one ear and out the other.

You cannot and will not ever be able to ask someone a question like "What exhaust sounds best" because it is strictly our personal tastes which determines that. You might as well ask, What Food tastes best..

Word!. :pepper:

Last edited:

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
Cobra-Master said:
H-pipe sounds the best...

in all honesty it is a matter of opinion personally I think the X sounds better I don't think it sounds like a ferrari or exotic at all-- true it isn't as low and rumbly as an H but people still know that you drive a car with BALLZ when you pass them while sporting an X pipe--its like JAXCOBRA99 said it is all a matter of opinion :beer:

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
H pipe all the way the only X worth getting is Dr gas

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
I just installed a BBK O/R X pipe with my Borla Stingers. Now the car is too loud and it sounds terrible, almost like a ricer exhaust :cryying: The Borlas with the stock H sounded 100 times better and now I have no clue on how to fix my exhaust issue :shrug: Should I dump the X or should I get rid off the Borlas?????? I do not want to compromise horse power though....

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
Lats night I got rid off the X and installed a Mac uncatted H. It sounds AWESOME! Loud but as a muscle car should sound!!

Big_Torch

Banned
i have stingers with a o/r x (upr) and hate it. hoping a mrt no cat h fixes it. and if its too loud will go with a diff cat-back

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
I run Bassani Quiet Thunder CB on the car now, no baffles, sounds darn good, not too loud. I also have the Bassani catted X that I could only handle with the baffles in but I took it off a while back. I just couldn't handle the drone at highway cruising speeds. It was hard to really hear the radio or talk with it but it sure would get people's attention whenever you mash the gas. I'm thinking about getting an MRT catted H now to go with the CB. I haven't found this combo yet in a hour or so of searching. Anyone have it with the Bassani CB or any othe H for that matter?

SN8KBITN

New SVT user
Established Member
If your looking for 4-5hp, go with the X. If you want something so loud you can't think, go with the SLP H.

04cobra408

NorCal SVTOA
Established Member
Miamifan1354 said:
I have bassani mid length headers, so you pretty much have to go with bassani x pipe, or start to cut up an H pipe.. Just easier to get the x.. I like the sound with the bassani headers, xpipe and cat back.. :beer:

i have the same set up. bassani headers, o/r x and c.b. not to mention i have cams :rockon: my car can wake the dead from what people have said when i go wot .

99SVT3753

5.4L Snake
Established Member
more TQ from dead stop H-

more HP at higher RPMs X-

depends on the driving you are going to do .. racing .. etc. Typically H- sounds a bit deeper than an X- as well.

1996stang

Established Member
rips-stang said:
H-pipe...I have a X-pipe with some borla mufflers on my GT and it sounds to raspy sometimes.

same here x-pipe with flowmasters im going to a offroad h pipe and mac pro dumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread