H&R SS or H&R Race

tec7426

Established Member
I have H&R SS springs on 03 SVT Cobra; it sits way too low for me, so I am considering going back to stock springs. Before I do that, can anyone tell me if the H&R Race spring would raise the car over the SS springs? Is there any modification for the mufflers being so low to the ground that would raise them? Thanks.

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I have had both and yes the race kit will raise your car. I had no clearance issues with the race kit,Just leave all your isos in place and you will be fine. Stock springs FTL!

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I had the H&R Super Sports prior to my coilover setup and they're a good spring, but the Cobra was much too low. I'd definitely go with the H&R Race if I were you...

...that is if you like your exhaust without any leaks and your front bumper without any scratches...

03sm3341

Established Member
I have H&R SS springs on 03 SVT Cobra; it sits way too low for me, so I am considering going back to stock springs. Before I do that, can anyone tell me if the H&R Race spring would raise the car over the SS springs? Is there any modification for the mufflers being so low to the ground that would raise them? Thanks.

Yeah buy new mufflers...LOL thats what i had to do with my SS the flowmaster super 40's were way to tall and ended up getting ripped off from the mid pipe. The Bassani's i have now scape very seldom. :beer:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I had H&R on my 95. I really liked them but when I was home on vacation and took a close look at the Maximum Motorsports coilovers that I had installed on my 04 I have decided to go with them on my 95. I like the fact that I can adjust them to whatever height works for me

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
maybe try putting the mm isolators on all the way around, they may raise it a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread