had a run in with the cops...again

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
So, just as my luck plays out, I am driving down the road towards the 90/94 E entrance on western last night and cruising right along with me are 2 cop cars. So I play it cool and follow the rules. I get to the highway...and these guys get on right along with me. So I keep it calm and obey the law. As we're just passing downtown one of them pulls up next to me and flashes his light in my window. Oh great, time to get pulled over for tint, or something else.

I roll my window down to see what he wants and he says. What year is that thing? I told him 07. He said "Get on it". I said "you're not going to pull me over for speeding"? He said "nope, hop on it. So I am doing about 45, I drop it into second and rip it through 2nd and 3rd. I slow down to let them catch up...and they are just baffled at how fast it was. They asked me how much power I had and if I could do it again.

What is it with cops in the city...this is the second time something like this has happened to me. lol I am not complaining mind you...I hope those guys remember me when they see me speeding. :thumbsup:

my first similar experience. http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=16560

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Gotta love Chitown Cops! Wait until you get the exhaust on, lol, lights/sirens everywhere.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
I had a cop pull me over after I "accelerated briskly" in my 99 cobra. He stopped me and said he wasnt going to give me a ticket, he just wanted to get a closer look at my car, as he liked it and riminded him of his old mustang an 84 5.0 GT. He gave me a written warning and I still have that warning today displayed in my car case.

And a state trooper pulled into a local hang out of my buds and mine, and was talking to all of us cause we had the drag numbers on the windows, and liked the cars from a distance, He had a 91 GT with a big inch windsor in it, and was wanting to put a blower on it this winter.

Some cops are pretty cool, they remeber what its like to be young and dumb, others would arrest there own mothers, (our X-police cheif arrested his son) which Im glad they are un-bias but some are royal A-holes. drunk with power, and feels EVERYONE is a criminal.

jshen

Established Member
Most LEOs I know and those I worked with when I was an LEO were car guys...but I'd never tell a civilian to hop on it. Nor would I hop on my cobra if they asked..and they're my friends...The reason? If another civilian saw that..and worse yet reported that to the news or supervisor...Everyone goes down the tube. Or if you lost control and crashed...someone would have to write the accident report- again, lots of trouble!

Frankly, I'd just be polite and decline.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Dave:

You definitely have better luck with the cops than I do!:thumbsup:

I got pulled over last year in my "R" on the freeway doing 69 in a 55. Mind you, when I'm doing 69 in my R I feel I could almost get out and run faster than that. I go through turn 7 at Road America at that speed. Anyway, I'm out for a Sunday drive, seasoning some new rotors for the track, and this Milwaukee County Sheriff comes out of nowhere. Pulls up next to me, and I have to peek around the head cradle on my Recaro racing seat to see him, then he drops back behind me and flips his lights on. He didn't say a word. I handed him my driver's license and he comes back with a 14 over citation. Too bad he didn't see the slicks on the front of the car. He could have wrote me for that as well. And the missing front plate. He was one pissed off cowboy, I'll tell you that. There wasn't a soul around me either. I wasn't driving like a maniac or weaving or nothing. Just out for a nice afternoon drive.

Oh well! :rollseyes

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
wow, i need to move over there! the cops around central ohio are dicks(the ones that pulled my over atleast. about 6 different cops live within about 2 miles of me and they are all cool, but ive never had one of them pull me over).

Crossss

Mad Torque Inc.
Established Member
I hope I get that much grace from the cops in SoCal. The fact that you have the same color combo as the Ford bold moves GT500 commericial I'm sure helps out a little bit.

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
Stay away from Pella! My wife got a ticket for 41 in a 35. In the family we have had 4 tickets in the last year. Two for window tint on a 1989 Toyota Corolla All-Trac wagon. It was my piece of shit airport car. I drove it in Pella for 5 yrs, NOTHING! I give it to my 16 year old son. He has the car less than 2 months, gets a ticket for tint. Then he gets another one a week later before we could get it off. Then they have the balls to call up and ask for donations!

THE_STIG

Established Member
Thats awesome. I've been pulled over before and the cop asked me all about my cobra, its nice to know not all cops are out to get us.

GT500R

Established Member
i have a similar story where I was going down the parkway and saw an unmarked car come up on me really quick. Followed me off the exit for about 2 miles where I stopped at a light. As I looked back at him, he started to take pictures with his camera phone :-D :pepper:

funniest thing i've seen since i've had my car :burnout:

Angel

aLL JaCkeD uP
Established Member
GT500R said:
i have a similar story where I was going down the parkway and saw an unmarked car come up on me really quick. Followed me off the exit for about 2 miles where I stopped at a light. As I looked back at him, he started to take pictures with his camera phone :-D :pepper:

funniest thing i've seen since i've had my car :burnout:

These cars are neck snappers for sure. Especially the White ones.:-D

Had Cops ask me to let them "see that thing move", to "drag it off the light" and everything in between. Even after permission and with no onlookers, i just could not take up the offer for the drag off the light. :D As previously said, although permission may be granted, Others may not approve and it could make problems.

slowtealz28

Established Member
My dad had a similar experience.... He was on rt. 55 in NJ when he said a state trooper came flying up on him. He said the trooper was just pacing beside him and my dad was just ignoring him. Then my dad looks over and the trooper is giving him the waving finger point ahead like to get on it. My dad said he looked at him like are you serious? He said the trooper punched it and my dad only dropped it into 4th and he said he put buslengths on him. He said the trooper made several more attempts to see him do it again. After the incident I told him dad, the funny thing is you probably could have dropped it into second.

Users who are viewing this thread