Had a terrible day. Wrecked the Mach

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
man, that really sucks josh! I'm just glad that no one got hurt. Cars acn always be replaced, lives can't.

Good Luck Josh! best of wishes

Grant

I would actually hope they total it if it was me. Although your insurance will raise more, it would make up for it if you ever plan to sell the car with a salvage title. It looks pretty bad, if there is frame damage, there is a good chance that it will be totalled.

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Sorry to hear that...like everybody said no one was hurt...that's the positive side. Insurance will take care of it

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Damn Josh.....VERY sorry to hear. Glad that you are ok as is the people you hit.

To be honest though.....if it were the Cobra I'd be crying right now.....good thing it was in the Mach.....lol. ;-)

strickensix

Whistlin'
Established Member
I'm sure to hear that man, I'm glad your okay though and the people you hit.

Thats some good news that it may be repairable.

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Yeah man, i did the same thing with a red light once. It was kinda late at night and i looked up and saw that it was red but for some reason it like didnt register. Once it computed red=stop i was just about to enter the intersection and slammed the brakes, i didnt stop till i was almost all the way through. Thank god no one was coming through! Im sorry man, this WILL work out.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
the black mamba said:
I would actually hope they total it if it was me. Although your insurance will raise more, it would make up for it if you ever plan to sell the car with a salvage title. It looks pretty bad, if there is frame damage, there is a good chance that it will be totalled.

If I'm not mistaken a salvage title is only applied when a car is fixed after it has been declared a total loss by the insurance company. If it is declared totalled the car will not be fixed.

However, the front frame rails will have to be replaced. The body shop said they would have to be cut back to the firewall and new ones welded in. According to them the new ones have to be within Ford specifications or insurance won't let them release the car. Having the lifetime warranty on the work made me feel a lot better about having it fixed.

But knowing the woman and her baby are alright makes me feel a lot better than any car.

Whitedevil said:
Yeah man, i did the same thing with a red light once. It was kinda late at night and i looked up and saw that it was red but for some reason it like didnt register. Once it computed red=stop i was just about to enter the intersection and slammed the brakes, i didnt stop till i was almost all the way through. Thank god no one was coming through! Im sorry man, this WILL work out.

That's exactly what happened with me. Don't know what I was doing.

97CasperCobra said:
To be honest though.....if it were the Cobra I'd be crying right now.....good thing it was in the Mach.....lol.

I wish it would have been the Cobra. $10k car I want to sell verse a $20k car I just bought.

monkeyspunk79 said:
Best of luck to you, man. Glad you were all alright. Car looks like it took it hard, how fast were you going when the crash happened?

I couldn't have been going over 25-30 mph when I hit the brakes. I had just taken off from another red light 50 yards before and I'd just shifted into 2nd.

Thanks for all the support guys.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
CY98Cobra said:
If I'm not mistaken a salvage title is only applied when a car is fixed after it has been declared a total loss by the insurance company. If it is declared totalled the car will not be fixed.

However, the front frame rails will have to be replaced. The body shop said they would have to be cut back to the firewall and new ones welded in. According to them the new ones have to be within Ford specifications or insurance won't let them release the car. Having the lifetime warranty on the work made me feel a lot better about having it fixed.

You are correct on the salvage thing, and that repair isn't bad at all. If it's like the last one I've had like that it was more rigid than stock.

Most shops will do better than those spot welds the machines do at the factory.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Got good news, the car is fixable and actually came in well under the money required for it to be totalled. Body shop will be starting the repairs soon. Should have it back in 2-3 weeks.

coolguy10786

Established Member
Glad to hear the situation is getting better. This could've easily been the exact opposite

trojan8022

I hate lug nuts & studs
Established Member
Sucks about the car.. also glad to see you will get you car back..

Glad to hear you, the women, and the baby are all ok

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
the black mamba said:
Take my advice and beg the insur company to total it. Same thing happened to me in high school in my Ford EXP. It was like $500 short of a total and they repaired it. It would never align properly afterwards. It would wear tires out early and pulled to one side on the highway.

Mhissticobra

Established Member
That sucks man. But like everybody else said, it could have been A LOT worse. Glad you are ok, the car is rebuildable, you and a mother with child isn't.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Hersheyman said:
Take my advice and beg the insur company to total it. Same thing happened to me in high school in my Ford EXP. It was like $500 short of a total and they repaired it. It would never align properly afterwards. It would wear tires out early and pulled to one side on the highway.
Then it wasn't fixed right.

That car is a easy fix in the hands of the right shop.

Zerski

Banned
Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
Got good news, the car is fixable and actually came in well under the money required for it to be totalled. Body shop will be starting the repairs soon. Should have it back in 2-3 weeks.

good to hear man!

Monolith

Shake Me Up
Established Member
Sorry to hear about the Mach. I cringe any time I read about one of us getting into a wreck, and cringed even more when I read that the other motorist was an expecting mom.

Just remember: Any wreck you can walk away from is a good one! Cars are replaceable.

blackfang

Established Member
I just put mine in for 3-5 weeks at the body shop to replace the entire body from hail :cryying: Atleast I am coming out with a brand new paint job. :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread