Halucinating about a Roush TVS for my daily driver

TTA89

Established Member
I have a 100% stock 2012 GT/CS with a 6-speed stick. This is my daily driver in 100 degree summers and 0 degree snowy winters. I drive 60 miles a day and sit in 45 min of stop and go traffic on the way home most nights. I don't want to mess with the driveability of it, it's nice the way it is. It's soft, it's cushy, and I want to keep it that way.

The car is fun but I used have a 500/500 03 Cobra and that car has basically ruined everything else for me. I did a lot of open track and auto X with it, I took it to the drag strip once with a 75 shot and it ran 10.9@130 and they kicked me out after the 1st pass. The GT is quick for a stock car but, well you know. :-D

I have been reading about the blower kits for these cars and I see how you guys rave about the driveability. So tell me honestly, is this for real?

Roush Supercharger 700HP Kit - 2011-2012 Mustang GT/BOSS 302 5.0L [421140-EVO-700] - $6,499.00 : Evolution Performance, Performance Parts & Accessories - Ford Mustang & Shelby Experts

Starting with a 100% stock car, everything I need comes in this kit (except tires)? The car will still drive stock going back and forth to work? I don't care about the HP numbers or the ET at the track, I want the big MPH for playing on the street. Do you think it would run 128mph if I took it to the track on 93 pumpgas with my daily driver tune and a set of tires?

I think I'll be hallucinating through Christmas about it. :dancenana:

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
Thats alot of beef for only 6.5k. How do they get 300 hp out of 9.5lbs of boost with a 2.3 blower and stock throttle body?

Turbosixx

Established Member
Mike,

I remember you from the Buick boards, you're friends with Joe M. and you even visited Clay down here. Nice to see Buick guys migrating over to the 5.0!

To answer your question, the TVS will transfer your car to exactly what you're looking for. You'll be able to run 128+ mph and idle in traffic all day long. You'll be able to get 26 mpg at 75 mph on long trips and still run 10's all day long. This blower is the easiest way to achieve the results you're looking for with stock looking appearance under under the hood.
No regrets here, money well spent. I have 10 second car that I drove 10 hours to see cars that were trailered there that were slower than mine. It gave me final "closure" on my Buick withdrawal.

TTA89

Established Member
Mike,

I remember you from the Buick boards, you're friends with Joe M. and you even visited Clay down here. Nice to see Buick guys migrating over to the 5.0!

Ha! How is Clay doing? I lost contact with him over the years. Joe M lives about 10 min from me. :thumbsup:

I love the car hobby, I think I know people in almost every state. :lol1:

To answer your question, the TVS will transfer your car to exactly what you're looking for. You'll be able to run 128+ mph and idle in traffic all day long. You'll be able to get 26 mpg at 75 mph on long trips and still run 10's all day long. This blower is the easiest way to achieve the results you're looking for with stock looking appearance under under the hood.
No regrets here, money well spent. I have 10 second car that I drove 10 hours to see cars that were trailered there that were slower than mine. It gave me final "closure" on my Buick withdrawal.

I don't think there is closure on Buick withdrawal. :cryying: As fast as the new cars are there is still nothing like the TQ rush of a Buick motor coming up on boost with race gas. :)

I'm thinking hard about the blower, it really sounds fun. :rockon: I just don't want to lose control and end up with a car I hate. I went off the money cliff on my 03 Cobra and I don't want to do that again. I want to install the blower, have it tuned, and then never open the hood again. I don't even want a boost gauge. :)

Last edited:

Turbosixx

Established Member
Well then the TVS is for you. I was originally planning on running 9's with mine, but I'm losing interest in that thought. I think I'm going to enjoy it for what it is. Car runs 10.60's at over 130 mph. What more can you ask for?

Joe is a good friend, he was down here last March. Clay is doing good, I'll tell him you're checking on him.

JerryC

Established Member
I'm about 90HP shy of the kit you chose and it's an automatic.

My car will do everything you want. Took my coworker to lunch yesterday and he commented that there is no way to tell the car will 10's in the quarter, it's that smooth running.

I got my Roush kit from Justin at VMP, I'm sure the Evo kit is good too but I have no first hand experience. I can say that you'll be happy with the VMP kit and support.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
I have been doing some emailing with the guys at EVO on this same exact kit. When I get back from deployment I am ordering it. Can't wait!

BryanW

Established Member
Hey Mike, that kit looks great. I have yet to see one that included the larger fuel rails. Something i may have over looked.

Im in the same boat as you buddy, i want a blower on my car and would like 130 at the track.

Group buy? Seriously, maybe after winter for me.

EDIT: 93 Octane, 93 Octane Aggressive Street Tunes, or our 100 Octane

So can you get all 3 tunes loaded on the tuner? My current tuner box has 3 tunes loaded on it, wonder if they can just email me the tunes and cut the cost off since i already have the x3 sct

I really want a procharger, but forgot you have to buy a convertor, thats another 1000.00

Last edited:

kevinp

Established Member
I went off the money cliff on my 03 Cobra and I don't want to do that again. I want to install the blower, have it tuned, and then never open the hood again. I don't even want a boost gauge. :)

You arent the only one, I came off an 8 second procharged LS1 F-body street car, and while it was fun (and expensive) I just wanted a 10 second car I could drive every day and remove/change nothing, except for rear tires, to run 10s. I do have a boost gauge though in a Roush vent pod, but you really dont need it.

But it is absolutely zero maintenance and gets stock fuel mileage, plus it feels like you have a 500cid big block under the hood. I've owned and built a lot of race/street cars in the last 30 years and no doubt this has been the easiest 10 second car I ever built that isnt a stripped out tin can. I took the family in it to Chicago last summer, was 95-100* every day and 1600 miles total and I never even thought twice about it. I drive it every day unless its a monsoon or snowing (I hate washing cars and salt) and after nearly a year I still look forward to driving it which says a lot.

Only thing with these is the throttle is a little touchy, takes a little getting used to, might make snow and ice driving a little tough but the traction control does its job well on these. Other than that its so reliable its almost boring, except for changing the oil or swapping a pulley/tune (10 minutes if that), I havent touched anything in 7000 miles with the blower on it.

grnenvy

Established Member
I bought my TVS from Justin and he tuned it after I installed it.
My car is a dream to drive and actually I look forward to driving it everyday.
The only tuning issue I had was getting the trans shifts perfect around town but for most people that would have been fine.
I just went through a nice Hot summer down here in Florida and the car ran perfect.
I do alot of city driving and I would have to say this blower doesn't get much heat soak.
You can't ask for much more.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
2.9 isn't needed on stock motor. If you intend to forge internal it later, and push the boost way up (like, over 16#), then go ahead, but for a solid 10 second daily driveable car, you needn't spend the extra money.

try03venom

Established Member
another ex Turbo Buick board member here! I went with the Edelbrock kit because its black like GN's! plus no grinding of the front cover. Justin is the man give him a call for the Roush kit. Brenspeed for the Edelbrock kit!!

TTA89

Established Member
Group buy? Seriously, maybe after winter for me.

Hah, I don't know if I can wait that long! :burnout:

The feedback sounds great! I'm going to put a few more miles on the car before I void the warranty and then figure out what exactly I should order. :dancenana:

Users who are viewing this thread