Hammerhead shark

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
My brother who lives in Panama sent me a picture of this beautiful Hammerhead shark that was spotted while snorkeling.
Such a beautiful animal, but no way I would swim in those shallows with that beast in the water.

Any guess on its size?
hammer.JPG

BJCobra99

Established Member
They eat other sharks such as a tiger shark. Always wanted to see one while diving, but not yet. Nice pic OP!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Since they are carnivorous, they are dangerous, just not as aggressive as some of the other species.

yep, they definitely could be very dangerous to humans, but they aren't easily provoked/aggressive as other sharks. Bull sharks on the other hand take very little provocation and those bastards can swim in freshwater too. The Bulls, Whites and Tigers are the ones that I fear. Guy in Texas City caught a 964lb Tiger off a pier, looks to be a 14 footer. You can bet that is going to be in the back of my mind when I go to Galveston this summer.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Beautiful shark, but best seen from the safety of a boat. LOL.

I watched a video yesterday of someone in Florida who caught a hammerhead shark (and later released it). What caught my attention was how close he was to the shark while trying to reel it in. Waist deep water. At one point someone grabbed the tail and tried to drag it. What!? :eek:

paulyboy928

Established Member
That's badass! I would love to see one in real life.

I once went snorkeling in Key West and saw a 7-8 ft bull shark. It came up behind a reef and was about 20 feet away. It was a life changing experience to say the least.

Machdup1

Established Member
Beautiful animal. Stuart's Cove in the Bahamas runs a shark dive for anyone who wants to get in the water with sharks. It one of my favorite dives. No cage and about 30-40 reef sharks being fed within 10 feet of the diver.

Users who are viewing this thread