Han Solo GT350 Photoshoot.. Need Critiques

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
I ran this photo through Lightroom after cropping. I adjusted the exposure, contrast, highlights, shadows, clarity, sharpened, tweaked the luminance, removed any chromatic aberration, enabled profile correction, added a small amount of vignetting, and used a graduated filter at the top and bottom to shift your attention to the car (a bit more artsy than I prefer but did it here just to show it at play). I then went back and adjusted the shadowing again in an attempt to counter the amount of noise in the photo. Still not happy with it but working with noise makes things difficult sometimes. A tripod and camera settings adjustments will really help and reduce the need for over processing.

Before...

Raw%20Dream.gif

After...

Raw20Dream-Editx2-Edit.jpg

Note the red pixelation at the front of the car now, on the street. More adjustment needed to eliminate that. Simply put, noise sucks.:)

Tob that looks solid brother. I like that the color looks more "true." Its hard to not get carried away and over correct the picture. I have heard a lot of people mention light room, but never used the program. I just picked up a tripod yesterday. When you refer to the "noise" is it all the fuzziness i see in the original photograph? It looks like I will have to google each of the terms you used to find out what they mean haha

Thanks @Tones!

Last edited:

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Well I just got schooled on how to edit photographs, and learned how good of a program Lightroom is. @Zemedici had his wife edit a couple of photos for me to show what can be done. The coloring is way better than what I had on mine. @Tob also gave me a lesson in how good Lightroom can be at clearing up bad photography.

One of them is a re-edit of my favorite photograph. The other is one I had not posted yet. For any of you guys looking to start taking more photos like I am it looks like Lightroom is one program to get.

Thanks again for all the advice guys

image_1.png

image_1.jpg

image.png

image.jpg

Here are a couple more of the Apex Predators as well
Apex%20Predators.jpg

Apex%20Predators%202.jpg

I will have some more photos up and going to try my hand at a video when a few new carbon fiber goodies arrive

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
T - you picked it up quick. One thing to be wary of is that certain colors such as Rick's car above, can do some very funky things when adjusting contrast. The red can get blown out or turn orange.

Anthony Morganti does a great job going over every slider in Lightroom and he really cuts down on the learning curve. Watch his Youtube stuff if you can. You are definitely on your way though.

Dynobrat

Established Member
I love the red stripe accent, but dislike the red Shelby lettering, it's too much. Obviously some like it. I think it's kinda ricey looking to me, but it's just my opinion. Otherwise, nice pictures. Nice car.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
All this talk about recalls got you down? Here are a few recent pics to brighten the day.

Wheel%20Wednesday%201%20of%201.jpg

Sugar%20Shelby.jpg

Sugar%20Shelby%20Front.jpg

If you are local to Sacramento and looking for a photo shoot opportunity let me know. No discrimination on make/model, just needs to be clean.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
All this talk about recalls got you down? Here are a few recent pics to brighten the day.

Wheel%20Wednesday%201%20of%201.jpg

Sugar%20Shelby.jpg

Sugar%20Shelby%20Front.jpg

If you are local to Sacramento and looking for a photo shoot opportunity let me know. No discrimination on make/model, just needs to be clean.
Not bad. A little heavy on the saturation/vibrance.

Users who are viewing this thread