Handling Package - Gurney Flap?

fearthesnake

Established Member
Couple questions, in researching the Handling package.

Is the Gurney Flap just a small lip/extension that is attached to the rear spoiler? It appears to be maybe an inch or so higher than normal?

I've tried reviewing listings online and pictures for ad's of Cars for sale but the pictures aren't consistent and hard to view the difference. Some even have the package included on the Ad and Window sticker but no signs of the parts ever being installed.

What function do the front wicker's provide, if any, other than maybe preventing rock chips from the front tires if that is even possible.

Oil Catch can part of the Handling Package?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Without

vehicle.png

With

1644790523138.png

Bottom

2020 GT500 Gurney Flap - Top.jpg

2020 GT500 Gurney Flap - Bottom.jpg

Snoopy49

Established Member
Handling Package

Includes:
• Adjustable Strut Top Mounts (installed at plant)
• Catch Can*
• Gurney Flap*
• Splitter Wickers*

* Placed in vehicle for customer installation post-sale

99BOSS

Established Member
Yes the Gurney flap is a plastic lip add on that comes in the trunk. The stock spoiler on the car is predrilled for it and has screws in those holes. When you add the Gurney piece, it comes with slightly longer screws. You remove the existing screws and secure using the longer screws. The flap, along with the front wickers provide a couple hundred more pounds of downforce at speed. The oil catch can is also in the truck and is part of the handling package too. The last piece, that is factory installed, are the adjustable strut top mounts which can be configured to give you a slightly more aggressive camber angle on track days. These add on pieces are for "off road use only" so Ford puts them in the trunk for you to install later. Its kind of a legal end around so to speak.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Awesome guys and thanks for your help and explanations.

I do like the Gurney flap appearance actually but doubt I would ever track the car at all. Not any road courses in my area. Just a 1/8 drag strip.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
On my 21, the Gurney flap was already attached as well as the Oil catch can. The dealer attached my splitter and wings before I took delivery. I actually waited for them to finish. The appearance is cool.

Users who are viewing this thread