Hanging Idle..

Pure_Evil_GT500

LS7 BUD
Established Member
Ive noticed after putting my Jon Lund mail order tune in is my idle is hanging around 1500 and slowly dropping down when doing anything from revving it to just slowing down at a light... Any ideas?

bossnova3

Established Member
Not to worry, mine did the same thing just shoot Lund an email and he'll adjust the idle. Make sure you drive the car a little before making any changes, if you just downloaded the tune to the car it needs a little bit of time to adjust the new parameters set on the tune. John Lund can shoot blank tunes to the sky and make this cars perform like no one else, he's the best at this. Mine had the hanging issue after I drove it and I let him know and he adjusted it, just shoot him an email if it still does it after driving it, hope this helps...

Ed

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
it's a dashpot issue, mine hangs all the time, it's a big single mone-blade issue on my set up.

Last edited:

tktlwyr

Established Member
His sig says L&M 66 TB.

Did you tell Lund you had the TB? Unless he flowed the JLT CAI and got the "proper" transfer curve, he probably tuned based on adjusting the MAF transfer curve. If he did, then you need the tune adjusted for the TB.

Pure_Evil_GT500

LS7 BUD
Established Member
He knows what parts were on my car... The problem is fixed now and the car feels more powerful... But this tune came from someone else but Lund sent me another tune so when I got to redyno I'm gonna switch between the new tunes to see who makes more power... The car idles and drives like a dream and zero hanging idle... I'll keep you posted on the results... On a hot day with a intake temp of 102 it made 512rwhp and 481tq... Disappointing numbers even on a hot day...

DaFreak

Established Member
Well, shit! I have the same problem and had it for about a year now. Long story but I tried to get it resolved with no luck. This confirms that I'm gonna have to break down and buy another tune.

mullens

Established Member
He knows what parts were on my car... The problem is fixed now and the car feels more powerful... But this tune came from someone else but Lund sent me another tune so when I got to redyno I'm gonna switch between the new tunes to see who makes more power... The car idles and drives like a dream and zero hanging idle... I'll keep you posted on the results... On a hot day with a intake temp of 102 it made 512rwhp and 481tq... Disappointing numbers even on a hot day...
Mustang or Dynojet? Either way you're about 50hp south of where you should be with your mods.

91svtbird

Established Member
The fact is 99% of the hanging idle issues should not be happening at all if the tune is correct. Especially regards to the "correct factory or professional flow-bench and established MAF meter curve. In fact most all these drivability issues are actually caused by these tuners.

These tuners are altering the known factory/flow-bench established meter curves which means the MAF meter/sensor combo is no longer sending accurate information to the EEC so all calculations made by the EEC will be "off". The correct MAF meter curve is the foundation of all calabrations in a mass air managed engine.

The best thing you can do is find a tuner that does not tune by manipulating the MAF transfer function settings when they tune. You are playing Russian roulette otherwise.....a word to the wise.......hopefully

Pure_Evil_GT500 sounds like you may have found such a tuner now. If I were you I would stick with that tune you are now running....why would you ever want to go back.......

DaFreak

Established Member
Pure_Evil_GT500 sounds like you may have found such a tuner now. If I were you I would stick with that tune you are now running....why would you ever want to go back.......

Who did you new tune Pure_Evil_GT500?

Pure_Evil_GT500

LS7 BUD
Established Member
It was on a dynojet... Yes those are some sad numbers for a dynojet... I'll ask if he doesn't mined me telling who he is cause he doesn't really tune peoples car anymore he does his own and friends... He just happen to help me out on here...

Blackmax

Established Member
His name is Jim Larocca from NJ who helped me... His name on here is BlackShelby... Amazing guy...! Car feels way better... Even drives better and feels like the car has some more power...!

Jim is an awesome guy, how many suppliers would send you a replacement part imediatley with no questions asked to eliminate a possible problem ? The guy is top notch and he turned me on to Dennis that has made my 700 h.p. car drive like factory. I chased a couple of big name tuners that never made my car work correctly and I now know the difference between a Ford based tune versus a hacked up one.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
His name is Jim Larocca from NJ who helped me... His name on here is BlackShelby... Amazing guy...! Car feels way better... Even drives better and feels like the car has some more power...!

Glad it worked out for you.... :burnout:

I guess I'm lucky as my tuner is 20 mins from me and has always made me :-D

Users who are viewing this thread