Hardaway vs Kobe

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
I didn't really read the thread, just my opinions coming.

Lebron is a beast physically, but he has nowhere near the toolset Kobe has, nor the determination.

Jordan=Kobe > Bron > Penny.

Jefe

Established Member
I didn't really read the thread, just my opinions coming.

Lebron is a beast physically, but he has nowhere near the toolset Kobe has, nor the determination.

Jordan=Kobe > Bron > Penny.

Keep in mind Kobe has been in the league for 12 years. This is Lebrons 5th.

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
LeBron doesn't have the determination to become the shooter Kobe is. LeBron will never have the footwork Kobe has. Nor the drive.

I don't care what year he is in.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Jordan would own kobe if he was still in his prime and playing today. Kobe is a good player no doubt. But will never surpass Jordan.

Jefe

Established Member
LeBron doesn't have the determination to become the shooter Kobe is. LeBron will never have the footwork Kobe has. Nor the drive.

I don't care what year he is in.
Never? :??:

He just turned 23 years old. Hes improving his shooting every year besides .04% last year. What was Kobe doing in his 5th year in the NBA? hmmmm

By their 5th years:

Kobe has 6,178 points. Lebron 10,689 points. Kobe needed 3 more years to pass 10,689.

FG's/3PT's Lebron beats Kobe. But Kobe has him on FT's:rollseyes

Dont count him out:poke:

Kobe stats - http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=110

Lebron stats - http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=1966

And Lebron will be taking Kobes 15,000 point record away by several years.

If he works on his defense and FT's he will be an all round better player than Kobe

Last edited:

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
You guys need to step away from Michael's ball sack. It is so hot and crowded down there that his balls are scraping the ground.

MJ on the other hand, played in 15 seasons, made 14 All-Star teams, nine All-Defensive squads, led the league in scoring ten times, won six NBA Championships, all while taking home five NBA MVPs.

Kobe came straight out of highschool, so you have to give time for him to adjust, more so than Jordan would have needed. He has 10 All-Star appearances, Eight All-Defensive squads, led the league in scoring (least valuable statistic ever) twice, could have four Championships by the end of this year, and isn't done yet.

Don't get me wrong, MJ was unreal. But some of the reasoning here is absolutely retarded. Don't use Championship rings to defend MJ > Kobe, otherwise we'd be saying Bill Russell was the best player to ever play the game.

Nobody wants to hear about teammates either. When MJ stepped aside to play basebal, Scottie Pippen led the Bulls to 55 wins. They had a damn good team. I am not saying that Kobe is better than MJ, but anybody who says that Kobe isn't on MJs level is a damn fool if you ask me.

And now to turn this into my longest post ever.

Never? :??:

He just turned 23 years old. Hes improving his shooting every year besides .04% last year. What was Kobe doing in his 5th year in the NBA? hmmmm

By their 5th years:

Kobe has 6,178 points. Lebron 10,689 points. Kobe needed 3 more years to pass 10,689.

FG's/3PT's Lebron beats Kobe. But Kobe has him on FT's:rollseyes

Dont count him out:poke:

Kobe stats - http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=110

Lebron stats - http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=1966

And Lebron will be taking Kobes 15,000 point record away by several years.

If he works on his defense and FT's he will be an all round better player than Kobe

Okay so first of all, they were in two totally different positions. Kobe wasn't given the ball and the team as a rookie. Shit, Kevin Durant will probably beat Lebron to 10,000 if he just keeps shooting. Does that mean he is better? Hell no.

Lebron shooting hasn't gotten any better if you ask me, he just doesn't take as many dumb shots. The ones he does take aren't any prettier.

If he works on his defense and free throws? Kobe is one of the best free throw shooters in the league, you don't just shoot a couple in the offseason and match that. As for his defense, while Lebron says he wants to guard the best player on the other team, I don't ever see him doing it consistently.

Maybe he will prove me wrong, but I highly, highly doubt it.

mustangman2424

Established Member
Yep^ Kobe has a higher Rape percentage than Jordan

You honestly posses all of the qualities that make people certifiable douche-bags. You show no respect for somebody who is obviously a great player, and for reasons that are just dumb. Everybody else here can admit Kobe is a great player, but you always come in a try to show a statistic where LeBron or Jordan is better than him. We ALL know how great Jordan and Lebron are, but unlike you, we are trying to have an intelligent debate.

I am a Laker fan, and like a true basketball fan, I have no problems with giving players on other teams credit where it is due. You are like that guy who only cares about Mustangs and has the balls to call yourself a "car enthusiast". If you were a REAL basketball fan you would quit all of your bitching and just show a LITTLE respect for the greatest player in the game right now.

Yes, LeBron will probably surpass all of Kobe's accomplishments, but that does not make him a better player.

MonkeysL

Established Member
Kobe came straight out of highschool, so you have to give time for him to adjust, more so than Jordan would have needed. He has 10 All-Star appearances, Eight All-Defensive squads, led the league in scoring (least valuable statistic ever) twice, could have four Championships by the end of this year, and isn't done yet.

you make some good points here, but with your reasoning i could then bring up that MJ had one year of highschool basketball experience...............and i think u can see where i'm going from here. Jordan was Jordan, there will never be another like him. Kobe will be Kobe and Lebron will be Lebron, this is an endless debate where nobody will ever be right/wrong.

I for one (maybe since i'm close to chicago) think Jordan had a certain thing about himself on the court. The way he moved, shot, dunked on the biggest guys in the league.....i saw him play in person more times than i could count, went to his basketball camps and got to meet him, so i guess i'm just biased, lol!

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
you make some good points here, but with your reasoning i could then bring up that MJ had one year of highschool basketball experience...............and i think u can see where i'm going from here. Jordan was Jordan, there will never be another like him. Kobe will be Kobe and Lebron will be Lebron, this is an endless debate where nobody will ever be right/wrong.

I for one (maybe since i'm close to chicago) think Jordan had a certain thing about himself on the court. The way he moved, shot, dunked on the biggest guys in the league.....i saw him play in person more times than i could count, went to his basketball camps and got to meet him, so i guess i'm just biased, lol!

That's just what Kobe said, Mike was Mike so let me be me.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
hmm both of them in their prime... honestly who would you rather have. Kobe is the clear winner.

Users who are viewing this thread