Hardaway vs Kobe

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
Are you crazy? If you took Jordan back when he was in his early 20's and put him against Lebron he'd eat his lunch. See Jordan could hit a 15 foot jumpshot when he was that age. Unlike Lebron he is getting better. When Jordan was that age all he was was a scorer.

Lebron is awesome and will be the closest to Jordan for a long, long time.

Kobe yeah Kobe not so much.:lol:

+1 also I dont remember what year it was that Jordan ran point for the bulls, but one of you non MJ believeing young guys can look it up, MJ all most averaged a trip double that year. Please dont talk about Mike shooting too much, because I have deff. seen Kobe take some bad shots before bro. Do you honestly believe that MJ couldnt have won playing with shaq, the bulls won every year without a good center. Pippen was good, but shaq in his prime was a beast, that was trip. teamed every time down the floor making it easy on everybody else. And there were way more hall or famers playing in the 90s in their prime than there are playing now. IF it wasnt for Jordan you wouldnt know the name of 3/4 of his Bulls teammates:read: Kobe=great, Jordan=greatest.

schmitt55

99 Cobra fan
Established Member
Kobe, not even a contest.

Frankly, at this point you can almost compare Kobe to Jordan.

+1000 kobe is the shit. i mean he might be the next jordan. he is unbelievable and reminds people of jordan. im a spurs fan but all i did was clap and enjoyed when kobe attacked and shot the ball. for sure one of the greatest

97LT1Ws6

Elty Juan
Established Member
1 on 1 is a totally different game but I would think lebron could take mj or kobe. Hes taller, stronger, faster and can jump higher then either so he could dominate a 1 on 1 game. As for the greatest of all time its Jordan then kobe and then lebron.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
This thread is useless. Nobody and I mean nobody compares to Jordan. I guess the average age of the people posting must be around 22 or something.

Hell in his prime you can't even compare Kobe to Pippen. The year after Jordan retired Scottie Pippen led the Bulls in "EVERY SINGLE STATISTICAL CATEGORY!" and they almost won a title then.

If Kobe would play defense and the rest of the game then he could be compared to Jordan. Which by the way he is easily capable of doing. Hell just look what Phil Jackson has said about him in the last couple of years. Although now he's the MVP so everyone is on his nuts again.

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
To the guy that said Lebron can jump higher than Jordan, maybe Jordan of today. MJ had a 48 inch vertical in his prime, for example believe spud webb had 44 inch vertical. So what is Lebrons or Kobes? Anyways Jordan was the man, I think some of you guys just didnt have the chance to watch the man play in his prime. Kobe is the man now, and I believe Lebron is next in line, but what do I know?

venmos1

Established Member
i just dont see how one can rank jordan, kobe and lebron in a greatest of all time category. kobe may be just now playing the best he has ever played, and lebron is what 23? we have barely gotten to see what lebron will accomplish. if the cavs organization can bring in someone to help him, watch out. esp in the east. Jordan was great. but we all know a single player cannot do it all. a lot of what made jordan great was fiding paxon or kerr on last second drives. its the little things that can make a player go from good to great. jordan def had those "little things". I can only imagine seeing jordan in his prime going to battle with lebron. skill for skill jordan was better, but lebrons size and power make it very close. i think kobe is getting a lot of negativity due to his own good. he says some of the dumbest things. trade me. my team sucks. then later on saying that he has been close with everyone (like brothers) since day one. give me a break. then the rape, issues with shaq etc. his skills are there. but until he learns the game and becomes a team player, he will not get to the level jordan is at. lebron has the best potential to get to the top. we wont know that for another 10 years or so. all 3 are great nba players.

03 VENOM

Established Member
Kobe is a pussy and a cry baby! He wanted to be traded at the start of the season!

Years ago He didn't get along with Shaq.

Kobe hasn't faced defenses like Jordan did in his career (Pistons, Knicks) they would have kicked his ass.

Kobe is WAYYYYYYY over rated

Jordan has NBA record 10 scoring titles, among other records

Kobe has just one I think LOL so far!

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
When Jordan played...other teams arenas would sell out just to see him! Jordan was ahead of his time. Kobe and Lebron could only fight for 2nd!

2003 Silver

Banned
This thread is useless. Nobody and I mean nobody compares to Jordan. I guess the average age of the people posting must be around 22 or something.

Hell in his prime you can't even compare Kobe to Pippen. The year after Jordan retired Scottie Pippen led the Bulls in "EVERY SINGLE STATISTICAL CATEGORY!" and they almost won a title then.

If Kobe would play defense and the rest of the game then he could be compared to Jordan. Which by the way he is easily capable of doing. Hell just look what Phil Jackson has said about him in the last couple of years. Although now he's the MVP so everyone is on his nuts again.

Doesn't your second paragraph @ Pippen say something to you (the opposite of what you originally meant)? It says volumes to me.

03 VENOM

Established Member
When Jordan played...other teams arenas would sell out just to see him! Jordan was ahead of his time. Kobe and Lebron could only fight for 2nd!

Jordan is obviously the greatest! But, Kobe and Lebron 2nd? LOL I think not! Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Bill Russell (just to name a few) were much better than Kobe and Lebron are

Users who are viewing this thread