Hardaway vs Kobe

MonkeysL

Established Member
Frankly, at this point you can almost compare Kobe to Jordan.

they are both black and play in the NBA???? that's about it, lol. sorry i'm just a hardcore Jordan guy. He wasn't always how he played, he just had a certain movement about him that made it alllll different. Kobe looks like everybody else, just makes most everything he puts up

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
Penny Hardaway wouldn't even start for the Lakers or the Celtics this year IMO. Jordan's stats and playoff dominance own Bryant.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
Penny Hardaway wouldn't even start for the Lakers or the Celtics this year IMO. Jordan's stats and playoff dominance own Bryant.

Penny in his prime was second to only Jordan at that time, albeit his prime was only 94-97. The Magic are the only team to beat the bulls in the playoffs during the 90's, and Shaq hadn't reached the dominant level that he played at for LA.
To say that Penny wouldn't start for either the Lakers or the Celtics is rather stupid, remember, the question was Penny in his PRIME.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Only thing that Penny's got over Kobe is a PUPPET

lilp31.jpg

lil-penny.jpg

2penny.jpg

:shrug:

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
i'm going to say a lot weren't old enough to remember him when he was in his prime.

You're probably right, I still have my Penny jersey that I got when he was a rookie, he was my favorite player of all time, and then he was gone.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Kobe, not even a contest.

Frankly, at this point you can almost compare Kobe to Jordan.

Quite frankly not yet or ever.

they are both black and play in the NBA???? that's about it, lol. sorry i'm just a hardcore Jordan guy. He wasn't always how he played, he just had a certain movement about him that made it alllll different. Kobe looks like everybody else, just makes most everything he puts up

I agree with this. Jordan is shoulders above Kobe. Hell it's taken him how many years to win MVP? Also how many times was Jordan defensive player of the year. Kobe is by no means and never will be close to Jordan. The guy talks and acts like Jordan but will never be.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
true, Jordan > everyotherbasketballplayernowandever

I don't know, Lebron is just as unstoppable as Jordan, gets just as many assists, and is a better shot blocker. His D overall isn't as good as Jordan's but its not far behind.

WhiteStallionGT

Do you guys remember the All-Star game when Jordan played for the Wizards?

He almost had MVP until Kobe his that last second 3 to send it into OT. My point is... Jordan was an OLD fart and he was that close to getting it. Imagine how he was in his prime. I didn't get a chance to appreciate Jordan, I was too young.

We are lucky to have a player like Kobe today. Worse than Jordan or not, who cares. He brings a lot of entertainment to basketball.

Users who are viewing this thread