Harmonic Balancer

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
What harmonic balancers are you all running? I am going turbo and was debating doing a balancer rather than OPG's for ease of installation and to save time. I know the ATI is a very good unit and know a lot run that, but I figured I'd ask to see if anyone else were running some other type and if they liked it or not.

Thanks

beef97

Established Member
are there any long term negative effects of using the innovators west or mmr lighter dampers? Just wondering if ford made theirs heavy for a reason? Was doing a bit of reading and it said that harmonics are no good for the life of the engine. Just curious as i'd like to buy one someday

theparker

Established Member
2695961cb21f83353b9c328fd0d2c14b.jpg
0be3269640114a0d1cea60b2ad963649.jpg

Here is Mine

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The reality is they are all good balancers and we have used both the ATI and MMR balancer (made for us in Australia). The lighter balancers pose no downsides, only benefits, much like a lighter flywheel or driveshaft. The MMR balancer is used by the 2015 NMRA Renegade Champion, 2015 Coyote Modified Champion and the 2014 Coyote Modified Champion, they are SFI approved for safety and also the ONLY balancer that has been in the 6 second zone on a coyote engine! Best of all they are the most affordable!

Let us know if we can help, we have linked the product below:

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...ge=product_info&cPath=4_30_31&products_id=416

430276_.jpg

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
ATI is usually our go to.

However a balancer is not a replacement for oil pump gears.

Not directly, no. I do think though, that with a good balancer, it would aid in support for the stock or even aftermarket OPG's. Most failures I have seen locally and online all come from harmonics. I also do not want to do OPG's slightly for the fact of saving for a motor anyways; so if it goes it goes. I'll just build it sooner than later.

Users who are viewing this thread