Harmonic Dampner

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
This is a question for the guy's running sub 10 seconds. Was wondering what dampner everyone was running weather it be stock or ATI Super dampner or innovators west ?

The whole SFI thing seems a bit bs for such new parts but figured I'd ask. I know at NHRA sanctioned track you can get kicked for not having one but figured I'd poll the group.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Seems like the guys with blowers are still running stock. The only ones changing them are guy s running in competion that require all the safety standards

grnenvy

Established Member
I did a built motor from MMR 3 months ago and instead of the factory balancer I went with an ATI unit. I think if your going to upgrade oil pump gears or go with a 8-10 rib setup or new motor then its a great time to change it out. I believe Harmonic's could be part of the reason for oil gear failure.
I'll tell u this make sure u use the correct removal tool to get the factory balance off because I used an old school 3 claw puller and destroyed it. My balancer didn't want to come off it was a mother f-cker . It actually broke apart and I had to take it off in pieces. Ford must have a special tool for this if not there putting new one's on after removing.

Last edited:

Eric@jpc

Established Member
They are not required but we recommend upgrading especially on blower cars. The Blower puts alot of load on the crank and the balancer does a good job of keeping that in check.

The innovators west unit looks really nice and a fair price!

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Innovators west should have a blower rated balancer for the new 5.0 sometime in the beginning of January. Most of the ATI 10 rib stuff comes with the water pump pulley but I wonder if you have to replace other pulleys in the system as well ?

Last edited:

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Innovators west should have a blower rated balancer for the new 5.0 sometime in the beginning of January. Most of the ATI 10 rib stuff comes with the water pump pulley but I wonder if you have to replace other pulleys in the system as well ?

I have a Innovators West Unit here

Its one of their 1st pieces we are installing it next week

With any over drive unit you will need a smaller water pump pulley or Electric Water pump

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I have a Innovators West Unit here

Its one of their 1st pieces we are installing it next week

With any over drive unit you will need a smaller water pump pulley or Electric Water pump

Anybody making said water pump pulley? I'm a bit nervous about an electric WP on a daily driver..

Users who are viewing this thread