Has any one run 10's with Van's 13-6 Kit?????

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure if anyone has (I don't think so), but the power is there with the kit--its there stock.
Running 10s it is about the suspension and driving, so if someone maximizes the drag strip potential of thepower from kit, yes you can.
-J

Van@RevanRacing

BIRDDOC did it with the 13-6 kit, some suspension modifications, drag radials and URT. He's still getting the hang of driving his car but pulled off an impressive 10.7 pass IIRC.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
If what I've heard from two vendors over the last few days is accurate (and I'm sure it is), I see no reason why a '13 can't go 10's with a tune and DR's.
S.

quick-nick

Established Member
Sounds good....how do you guys have your settings when you run at the track?
I saw a 13 run last year at martin dragway and he was barely breaking into the 13s....I do not want that embarassment LOL...

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Sounds good....how do you guys have your settings when you run at the track?
I saw a 13 run last year at martin dragway and he was barely breaking into the 13s....I do not want that embarassment LOL...

Everytime I've heard of anyone laying down those kinds of times it was due to poor mode selection (although I must admit they were struggling to break into the 12's, not the 13's. Ouch!). I have plans to track mine before the end of this month but from what MOST guys on here have been saying, Mode 7 is the way to go for now. I will be following their lead because their results have been excellent.

rwboring

Established Member
Everytime I've heard of anyone laying down those kinds of times it was due to poor mode selection (although I must admit they were struggling to break into the 12's, not the 13's. Ouch!). I have plans to track mine before the end of this month but from what MOST guys on here have been saying, Mode 7 is the way to go for now. I will be following their lead because their results have been excellent.

I ran some high 12's due to spinning in every damn gear I hit...

also the couple times I "missed" first were either a 12 or abort run... if anyone sees a 13 out of this car they need a lesson or to drop down from 5000'...

blacknlte

Established Member
Ive ran a 11.4 all stock with a 1.80 60ft on 20in nitto nto5r and the DA here sucks. So I know with a set of ET streets it do 11.0s and 10s everywhere else. So 10s are do able

quick-nick

Established Member
I am sure it was a combo of things with the driver and car that I saw....I am not sure yet if I will be able to get drag radials right away this summer but I am sure they will be useful!!

Van@RevanRacing

Anyone know who has the best price on Nittos and what size is best for the PP wheel?

Discount Tire Direct and they are also a forum sponsor on SVT Performance.

Nitto tires for car & light truck

They come in 275 and 305 tire size for a 20" rim. Some guys have put the 305 on the stock rear tire even though it is 9.5" wide and the minimum rim width required it 10".

The 305 is an 1.5" wider than the 275.

quick-nick

Established Member
Thanks Van! I will have to find a pic of a 305 on the factory wheel to see how it looks.

Are you planning any spring or tax season sales? I was just about to give you a call.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Thanks Van! I will have to find a pic of a 305 on the factory wheel to see how it looks.

Are you planning any spring or tax season sales? I was just about to give you a call.

Van's prices are so good as it is!

Users who are viewing this thread