Has anyone gone from Mickey Thompson ET streets to M&H Tires?

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
Right now I am running Mickey Thompson ET street 325/50/15, they are wearing down bald and now its time to get new tires. I am debating on trying the M&H tires out. I was very happy with the mt et streets but I heard that m&h are better. How much better are they? Is it a big difference? Let me know your experiences.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
They supposedly run narrow for their size BTW, I'd love to try that 390mm size they make :) Would look great on my minitubbed LX.
Otherwise I've heard very good things and would like to try them.
-J

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
not back to back however i did run the m&h on my compound boost 09 and they hooked great, i would have no problem buying them again. last set of dr's i tried was the nto5 and it was decent but i believe the m&h will be the way i go in the future.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I will be running 325/50-15 M&H drag radials myself at the track next with radial hoosier skinnys

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
for a 18" DR I have run both, not the same size, however the M&Hs work better for me on mine.

I will be running 325/50-15 M&H drag radials myself at the track next with radial hoosier skinnys

I thought you were getting slicks?

1320 Junkie

Established Member
for a 18" DR I have run both, not the same size, however the M&Hs work better for me on mine.

I thought you were getting slicks?

The class I want to run in at most events.."true street" or " street ford" require a drag radial

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The class I want to run in at most events.."true street" or " street ford" require a drag radial

I do believe the DOT bias ply are also legal, but I'm with you, big DR fan.
Anyone have first had knowledge of the M&H sizing issue? (too narrow per marked size?)
-J

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
I have run both back to back, but I run them on the street, I had the 345/35/18 M&H, and the 305/35/18 M/T, the M&H hook much better but are a 28" tall tire where as the M/T was a 26", but the M&H had a much noticeable difference, at the track the M&H's would hook much better too, but I mostly run slicks now and just use the DR's on the street, the M&H was the only tire that I could find that would do any sort of good on my car in first gear, the M/T was lucky to hook in second.

also I talked to M&H about the size issue and was told that they did change the sizes to better represent the numbers that they were aware of the under size issue, I did have a early set of 345's and when I got a new set they were wider as now they will rub my fender on a hard bump where as they never did that before and would go inside the fenderwell, as a result I am now gonna run the 325/40/18 M&H.

you may also want to check out the Hoosier DR's, they hook very well if not as well as the M&H's,

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Love my new MT Streets, sounds like I may have to try M&H next.

WCA

Established Member
I went from MT 305's to M&H 275 and dropped my 60' from around 2.0 to 1.62. M&H's are a much stickier tire. The trick that worked for me was a good smokey burn out with the M&H. The MT's just turn to grease if I did that. Got my first 10 with M&H.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
I ran M/T 345/35/18 drag radials, and now I'm running M&H 345/35/18 drag radials. The M&H definitely hook better, but are wearing much quicker. They also run bigger than the M/T's. They are aboout 1/4" taller and 1/2" wider. At one time M&H had a few sizes that ran smaller, but they corrected some of those. The 345/18 and 325/18 are corrected. The former is no longer available. M&H also recommends you not use their drag radials on the highway, M/T's has no such warning to my knowledge.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
I like the M&H, they run a little skinnier by about 1/2 inch and still hook better. I think its because of the side wall design. I've pulled the front wheels on the street with the M&H so they have my vote. 60's are about the same a little edge going to M&H. Mickeys barely fit on my car with coil overs because of the extra width.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I switched from M/T to M&H and that was a huge difference! I dropped .2 tenths on my 60'
at 13 psi for tire pressure

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
For those that run them, do they act more like a bias ply, more wrinkle wall sidewall?
That's just what it looks like to me and is better for a stick car.
Any pics?
-J

Users who are viewing this thread