Has anyone gotten a call from the US Dept of Transp.?

Gxsa140

Established Member
I had a message on my phone today from a guy who said the US Dept of Transportation had began an investigation on gas pedals getting stuck on the carpet for 2003 and 2004 Cobras. I have to call him back tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone else had received this call.
I guess they got my information when I told Ford. They replaced the entire carpeting, but that's been about a year ago.

Last edited:

cobra04white

Established Member
I got a call from the dept. of transportation as well. I filed a complaint a week or so ago. I haven't called them back yet, but I'd planned to return their call this week. Hmmm...new carpet from Ford...mine is a little worn, especially where I had to cut it away from the gas pedal.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
They've called me three times. I believe I'm the one who started this with them. I haven't heard anything in a couple of months though. Last I heard Ford was supplying them with information they requested. I'm happy to see the issue is still alive and kicking.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
esqeddy said:
This is the first I've even heard of a pedal sticking problem. What happened and how did you deal with it?
It's a pretty (potentially dangerous) serious issue IMO. Many have had their throttle stick behind the carpet resulting in a near WOT situation in the worse of places. Modifiying that area of the carpeting solves the problem. It's an issue I am amazed that Ford hasn't resolved by now. Well, maybe I shouldn't be amazed. :nonono:

Chameleon

Established Member
CobraBob said:
It's a pretty (potentially dangerous) serious issue IMO. Many have had their throttle stick behind the carpet resulting in a near WOT situation in the worse of places. Modifiying that area of the carpeting solves the problem. It's an issue I am amazed that Ford hasn't resolved by now. Well, maybe I shouldn't be amazed. :nonono:

+1

After reading about the problem on SVTP I looked at my car. Sure enough the right side of the gas pedal was brushing past a section of carpet that was bulging out. It was only a matter of time before the pedal got stuck. I am thankful that the members here mentioned it! I cut the carpet and was done with it.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
They are using a video of my car with the pedal stuck for their investigation.

-Jeff

oldmodman

Established Member
I filled out the complaint form on their site and got a call the next day.
The guy that I talked to was Steve McHenry at the NHTA, 1-800-986-9678 ext. 63642
He asked quite a few questions regarding the the sticking gas pedal/carpet problem but I haven't heard from them since.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Chameleon said:
+1

After reading about the problem on SVTP I looked at my car. Sure enough the right side of the gas pedal was brushing past a section of carpet that was bulging out. It was only a matter of time before the pedal got stuck. I am thankful that the members here mentioned it! I cut the carpet and was done with it.
Yeah, unfortunately owners end up having to make their modifications themselves because it could be months before Ford ever does anything about it. :nonono:

svtnos1011

STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD
Established Member
my pedal got stuck on the highway and i was freakin out cuz i didnt know what was going on. i should call someone and complain. my pedal was bent and had to replace it :kaboom:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Yep...
2 phone interviews...
Several e-mails...
they asked for pics and a detailed write up...
I sent them in...

If you have not already fixed it yourself...

DO IT RIGHT NOW!!!

The pedal gets caught under the carpet!!! :cuss: :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread