Has anyone put on a different Blower?

speednutz

Established Member
Curious to know if anyone has put on a different blower.

Been thinking of doing it and wondering all the usual stuff like gains, cost, runability/performance etc..

Apreciate any feedback on this.:beer:

rancid

Established Member
MM&F also put on a 3.6 (I think) back in the NOV issue and with supporting mods ran a 9.65 in the 1/4.

king Abdull

Established Member
Love the idea of it.. whether its 2.8 KB or 2.9 Whipple
That's gonna put the GT500 in that zone 730~760 RWHP
Now that's what I call a simple bolt on ..
1. the Supercharge ( who ever give you good deal )
2. Upper pulley ( your favorite boost should have to way boost 20psi and 15psi )
3. Quite H pipe or Loud H
4. Perfect Tune to go with what ever comes in the list :)

:beer:

rancid

Established Member
I am curious how this car would respond to a sheet metal intake and say a large Vortech/Procharger/Turbo setup.

speednutz

Established Member
It appears Shelby is using: • Optional Shelby / Ford Racing 850 hp Whipple supercharger or 850 hp Kenne Bell supercharger

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
The 2013's perform just like the 07-12's, except they make a few more ponies at the same boost level due to the higher compression and slightly larger displacement.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
4.0L Whipple Power!!

7A8327FA-0C6C-431F-BAC3-D980BE92F904-10611-000007FF2885FE68.jpg

91svtbird

Established Member
Any larger blower than the OEM 2.3TVS would/should precipitate an upgrade to a new set of forged steel connecting rods. Anyone ignoring this is not looking at the complete picture and their engine will be a ticking time-bomb..... unless of course you choose to limit the blower speed/boost and engine speed to a meager 6,000 rpms. That of course begs the question why bother to install a larger blower than the TVS if you are not going to use it to its full potential for fear of OEM rod failure?

mike69440

Established Member
Any larger blower than the OEM 2.3TVS would/should precipitate an upgrade to a new set of forged steel connecting rods. Anyone ignoring this is not looking at the complete picture and their engine will be a ticking time-bomb..... unless of course you choose to limit the blower speed/boost and engine speed to a meager 6,000 rpms. That of course begs the question why bother to install a larger blower than the TVS if you are not going to use it to its full potential for fear of OEM rod failure?

2.9 Whipple/ 2.8KB at same boost as a 10-15% OD TVS will give +750 RWP on 93 tune with correct supporting mods and ias long as you do not knock the motor should be fine up to 6500-7000 RPM.

Explain how a street car can put that much power to the ground?

If that is not enough you are building a race car so it should have a rod upgrade anyway.

91svtbird

Established Member
2.9 Whipple/ 2.8KB at same boost as a 10-15% OD TVS will give +750 RWP on 93 tune with correct supporting mods and ias long as you do not knock the motor should be fine up to 6500-7000 RPM.

If that is not enough you are building a race car so it should have a rod upgrade anyway.

Exactly, whats the point of a larger blower than the TVS unless you plan to race the car, if so new rods are/should be in order anyway.

Last edited:

CMP

Fanatic Cobra Poster
Established Member
Exactly, whats the point of a larger blower than the TVS unless you plan to race the car, if so new rods are/should be in order anyway.

+1. I really think the simple bolt-ons (CAI, TB, pulley, tune) is going to do it for most current '13 owners. You have a stock car putting 600rwhp already and with simple mods you have a 700rwhp car:pepper:. With suspension (drag orientated) you have a decent 10 street car....all with the stock OEM blower:rolling:.

speednutz

Established Member
The 2013's perform just like the 07-12's, except they make a few more ponies at the same boost level due to the higher compression and slightly larger displacement.

4.0L Whipple Power!!

7A8327FA-0C6C-431F-BAC3-D980BE92F904-10611-000007FF2885FE68.jpg

Already installed a Kenne Bell 2.8 on my 2013

18 lbs of boost on 93 octane net 760 RWHP through the KB Dual 75 MM Throttle Body.

Here's a link with data and results. Another phase of testing is in the works.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...oost-horsepower-torque-data.html#post12532251

+1. I really think the simple bolt-ons (CAI, TB, pulley, tune) is going to do it for most current '13 owners. You have a stock car putting 600rwhp already and with simple mods you have a 700rwhp car:pepper:. With suspension (drag orientated) you have a decent 10 street car....all with the stock OEM blower:rolling:.

Thanks for all the feed back. I called Whipple last week to see what they had to say. Basically, they said that the 4.0 would be tooooo much without doing some engine upgrades before the Install. They also said if I went any larger than the blower that is on the car I would have to drop the engine an inch or do something with the hood as it sits up higher. Not sure what to make of that. :shrug:

Slowponycar

Established Member
Thanks for all the feed back. I called Whipple last week to see what they had to say. Basically, they said that the 4.0 would be tooooo much without doing some engine upgrades before the Install. They also said if I went any larger than the blower that is on the car I would have to drop the engine an inch or do something with the hood as it sits up higher. Not sure what to make of that. :shrug:

I have a BMR K member with 1/2 lowering kit. I got mine from Van @ Revan Racing :beer: with the intentions of putting a 3.6 KB on mine. I have no drive ability issues nor any NVH from the road, now I am using stock A arms. There are vibrations that comes from the engine revs., you can feel it in the steering wheel and passenger compartment due to the new motor mounts, but IMO I don't think its that bad. I like it :rockon:) and the wife says that she likes it as well and no one has complained about it yet.

DSCN0412.jpg
[/IMG]
photo-47.jpg
[/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread