Has anyone ruptured stock lines in the tank

WIPLASH1

Established Member
Has anyone had a bad regulator, ruptured hose, pinhole, or anything like that occur in these cars? Or what are the symptoms of a bad pump? We ran out of fuel on the dyno at 3300rpm's last night, or approximately 330whp! Combo is the following:

On3 twin 60's
Stock longblock
Off-road X
magnaflow comp axle back
A6
E70
stock pump
JMS BAP at 18.4V
ID1000 injex
ProM Wave meter
spring pressure (7psi)

ProM's data and ID's data was entered prior to the session as a base tune and the car ran absolutely perfect on the road, 2% LTFT's although I didn't get into boost without an onboard WB.

On the dyno the car got into boost and went to the .80 like commanded right away but jumped to about 14.2 on the dynos wideband by 3300. Tuner added fuel several different ways to no avail.

It sucks you can't monitor rail pressure, that would help diagnose this. The pump sounded like ass, sounded like it was pushing more bubbly air than fuel. The shop had 2 other Coyote cars in the shop with stock pumps that sounded identical to one another but completely different than mine.

Lets keep this on subject as the tuner's done dozens of FI Coyote's without issue. Just by looking at the corrugated piping in the tank I don't like the idea of running the stock setup. By spring it was to get a return style system but it may be looking like it's coming a bit sooner. If it is a stock pump/hose issue I could warranty it but it may not be worth the time if it'd be coming out by spring anyway. Just trying to see if anyone has had pump or line issues.

SC2011GT

Til' The Wheels Fall Off
Established Member
A) You do have onboard widebands, you can log ST's and lambda, both provided by the wideband front sensors.

B) If fuel pump sounds bad, it probably needs a pump. Pull the hat and see if the prefilters are dirty or discolored.

Last edited:

WIPLASH1

Established Member
A) You do have onboard widebands, you can log ST's and lambda, both provided by the wideband front sensors.

B) If fuel pump sounds bad, it probably needs a pump. Pull the hat and see if the prefilters are dirty or discolored.

By not having onboard wb's I mean no way to see them. Thanks

Like Keis said there's 3k on the car. I know these pumps don't like the corn much, but if the pump is bad from the E70 it would've had to have been in the last 150 miles as that's all the pump has seen with it. Not that that's not a possibility.

01bluesnake

Established Member
hook up a fuel pressure tester to verify your losing fuel from the pump before saying its bad. You will need an adapter similar to what a coyote nitrous kit uses. I've been on the corn since last year as well as many others. I don't see you killing your pump in 150 miles on it, more so a car with 3K on it.

Last edited:

SC2011GT

Til' The Wheels Fall Off
Established Member
Just because most pumps don't fail, does not mean all pumps don't fail. It is awful easy to pull the hat and pump up and just check it out before digging deeper into it.

Just wondering, do you routinely run the car low on fuel or always plenty of fuel in it ?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Just because most pumps don't fail, does not mean all pumps don't fail. It is awful easy to pull the hat and pump up and just check it out before digging deeper into it.

Just wondering, do you routinely run the car low on fuel or always plenty of fuel in it ?

Ive pulled my fuel hat/pump out before and never seen any discoloration on the filter/sock.

Ive also been on e85 for over 3k miles/7 months and hardly ever have my tank completely full. Usually 3rd of a tank to empty.

WIPLASH1

Established Member
I'd say no, of the 10-12 tanks that've been through the car I've probably had it under 1/8 no more than twice. However, when switching from gas to E85 I ran it completely empty twice. Once to get the gas out, then I put 3 gallons on E85 in and pumped that back out to get the most gasoline out as I could. I figured there must be a 1/2 gallon or so at the bottom that the pump couldn't get. Probably over thinking it but I had some time on my hands.

SC2011GT

Til' The Wheels Fall Off
Established Member
Ive pulled my fuel hat/pump out before and never seen any discoloration on the filter/sock.

Ive also been on e85 for over 3k miles/7 months and hardly ever have my tank completely full. Usually 3rd of a tank to empty.

You're not having fuel supply issues, either. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread