Have not been on here for years, are Terminators still relevant?

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
You've got 6K miles more, but this stock Mystic with 1K miles right next to where i live sold for 81K 2 month ago.... I would be willing to bet a 7K mile one would go for 55-60K

Marines691

Established Member
I run a dealership and the cobra market has skyrocketed. I’m selling cobras for 8-10k more than I would of 2 years ago. Your car is worth a small fortune depending on mileage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a mint mystichrome with 17k miles. How much we talking?

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
93-04 Cobra prices have seriously shot up in the last 2 years and specialty cars like Mystichrome Terminators are on fire. There was a 700ish mile vert that sold above $80k, which is nuts!

This can’t last… a correction must becoming.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
93-04 Cobra prices have seriously shot up in the last 2 years and specialty cars like Mystichrome Terminators are on fire. There was a 700ish mile vert that sold above $80k, which is nuts!

This can’t last… a correction must becoming.
I doubt a correction will effect these cars. V8s and manual transmissions are an endangered and will be going away in the next few years.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a mint mystichrome with 17k miles. How much we talking?
Mint is very subjective.

SVT Cobra values will always remain high with the ‘93 and ‘03-04 years but if anyone has a clean well kept Cobra you’re value is higher than it’s ever been.
If you have a lead on one, even the lesser ‘94-01s, pull the trigger if the COVID price isn’t in effect yet.
-J

HVACdude

Established Member
Having a Mystichrome coupe with only 7K miles is huge. The temptation to sell while the market is so high could be tempting for some, but the diehards will say "no way" and continue to hang on to their Mystichromes, especially if mileage is under 20K.

What are your mods? Or is yours factory stock?
Absolutely agree with you sir. Have no intentions of selling as this was one of my dream cars as a teenager. All stock, original tires, even has the factory battery although it’s days of holding a charge are long gone lol.

Last edited:

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I doubt a correction will effect these cars. V8s and manual transmissions are an endangered and will be going away in the next few years.

When we go through a market correction/crash it will absolutely effect these cars. In 07-09 when we tanked the classic/hobby/performance car market when down quite a bit. I won’t say completely tanked, but it definitely dropped. Look at auction prices from the early 2000’s then look at them during 07-09. There will be a dip then it will go up and continue to rise.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
When we go through a market correction/crash it will absolutely effect these cars. In 07-09 when we tanked the classic/hobby/performance car market when down quite a bit. I won’t say completely tanked, but it definitely dropped. Look at auction prices from the early 2000’s then look at them during 07-09. There will be a dip then it will go up and continue to rise.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I am looking at long term trends. Not medium.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Makes me wonder about those of us with modded cobras. I just increased the agreed value on mine from 35k to 45k.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Makes me wonder about those of us with modded cobras. I just increased the agreed value on mine from 35k to 45k.

How does that work btw? How does a limit work out? I assume you can't insure it for $1M.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
How does that work btw? How does a limit work out? I assume you can't insure it for $1M.
No you can't. Grundy required more pictures. The max they would insure our 90 7 up vert was 30k. My 93 hatch is at 35k. And our 67 fastback is 90k.

I'm looking at getting my 90 coupe insured through them. When I purchased the car in 2019 they wouldn't insure it because we were in a "flood area". Even though my car was miles away from the river....

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
No you can't. Grundy required more pictures. The max they would insure our 90 7 up vert was 30k. My 93 hatch is at 35k. And our 67 fastback is 90k.

I'm looking at getting my 90 coupe insured through them. When I purchased the car in 2019 they wouldn't insure it because we were in a "flood area". Even though my car was miles away from the river....

Would you say the rates are comparable to your average insurance? I've read yes and no

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Would you say the rates are comparable to your average insurance? I've read yes and no
Rates are better in my opinion. The 90 vert we just insured for 30k cost 195.00 per year.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What's the mileage limit per year with Grundy coverage? Is there a mileage limit on your '90's regular policy?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
What's the mileage limit per year with Grundy coverage? Is there a mileage limit on your '90's regular policy?
Same question as Bob.
I just bought a beater Lexus and about to start looking at putting the whole fleet (4 mustangs and the Trackhawk) under a specialty insurance plan.
The Lexus will be helpful to be designated as the daily driver. It’s actually a really nice ‘05 LS430.

Also BDubbs did they require anything special regarding your off site garage? I also have my garage off my home property (although it is on brother’s land).
-J

Users who are viewing this thread