Have You Ever Been Sprayed?...

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Well as of last night I HAVE! :( I don't run a lot b/c, let's face it, I'm a lightweight and my mods are practically non-existent. But if someone revs on me and its relatively safe I'm all for it. :)

KILLS: Civic EX, Elantra, 70s Dodge, Prelude S, Grand Prix SE
GOT KILLED: Blown Civic (unbadged) and now THIS!

Last night I'm at the end of my move back to South Carolina where I'll be wrapping up my degree. Most of my stuff is already there but I was carrying a large TV and boxes (probably weighed about 300 pounds). I just got onto I-77 after filling up when out of no where this Mitsubishi Galant with chrome wheels and a ridicolously loud exhaust pulls beside me and revs.

I know I'm running heavy but I'm thinking I can still beat it. I slow down to about 45 (my top end sucks; it was a 55 speed limit) from there I just hold the RPMs at about 2800 (wishing I had a manual :( ). Still, this is perfect for me.

I roll the windows down all the way and give him the nod. We wait a moment and then he NAILS IT! :burnout: He got a good jump but even with the weight I began to reel him in and slowly but surely he's at my rear bumper. I'm smiling thinking that I'm about to get another kill and then it happened...the b/stard sprayed me!...lol I'm talking sprayed me like a skunk!!

He was already WOT but out of nowhere this guy starts pulling and he pulled HARD! Next thing I know I'm seeing tail lights. :nonono:

We ended up taking the same exit but we didn't get the chance to talk. He made a right at the next light so I gave him a :thumbsup: and he shot back with a quick honk of the horn and another rev. Pretty cool guy and GEEZ! that was a quick Galant.

New Record: 5-2 :( Guys, I need an engine swap...or I need nitrous...or I need a turbo...Screw it -- what I need is a used Cobra!!

zzzzzer

Established Member
Yeah, I gotta admit, it was kinda fun. :) But getting walked like that was pretty embarrassing...lol I did a search and found the following info:

The 2002 Galants have the following specs:

2.4L (I4): 140hp, 155 tq
3.0L (V6): 195hp, 205 tq
* They weigh in between 3,031 and 3,296 pounds

Stock, my specs are as follows:

2.3L QUAD-4: 150hp, 155 tq
* Weighs in at 2,867 stock (I was probably 3,200-3,300 last night)

Last edited:

zzzzzer

Established Member
Unfortunately I didn't see his badging and since he had aftermarket wheels those didn't give it away. Considering he got the jump and I still reeled him in at first I'm pretty sure he had the 4-cylinder.

It was a very clean car, though. Not riced-out or anything (except for the excessively LOUD exhaust).

GoatDaddy

people wouldn't expect a car like that to be packin' the juice. I bet he hands out his fair share of surprises.

zzzzzer

Established Member
:lol: Steel, man there is no way you're roping me into that one!!...lol The bottle I didn't see coming. I KNOW what a VR-4 has STOCK under the hood. :thumbsup:

Ben, you're 100% right about that! Actually, he reminded me of Project626. I'm sure he shocks the heck out of people! :burnout:

MPM20

Established Member
I know I'm running heavy but I'm thinking I can still beat it. I slow down to about 45 (my top end sucks; it was a 55 speed limit) from there I just hold the RPMs at about 2800 (wishing I had a manual :( ). Still, this is perfect for me.

I roll the windows down all the way and give him the nod. We wait a moment and then he NAILS IT! :burnout: He got a good jump but even with the weight I began to reel him in and slowly but surely he's at my rear bumper. I'm smiling thinking that I'm about to get another kill and then it happened...the b/stard sprayed me!...lol I'm talking sprayed me like a skunk!!

He was already WOT but out of nowhere this guy starts pulling and he pulled HARD! Next thing I know I'm seeing tail lights. :nonono:

New Record: 5-2 :( Guys, I need an engine swap...or I need nitrous...or I need a turbo...Screw it -- what I need is a used Cobra!! [/B][/QUOTE]
what you need is a new hobby and to find a GM website where someone may think there is a point to putting money into mods on a cavalier SS
if i destroy a camaro SS why would i care about your 4cyl? and did the TV and your cargo REALLY make a difference? your story makes me wanna :cuss: :burn: :xpl: :kaboom:

zzzzzer

Established Member
Re: Re: Have You Ever Been Sprayed?...

Originally posted by MPM20
what you need is a new hobby and to find a GM website where someone may think there is a point to putting money into mods on a cavalier SS if i destroy a camaro SS why would i care about your 4cyl? and did the TV and your cargo REALLY make a difference? your story makes me wanna :cuss: :burn: :xpl: :kaboom: [/B]
:lol: WHOA! What your story should make you want to do is run to the nearest English class. You need a grammatical b/tch slap.

(1) Honestly, man, I don't know WHY you would care about my 4 cylinder. You tell me. You're the one who took time out of your day to post, genius. ;-)

(2) Reading is fundamental. If you checked my j-body.org registry you would learn a few things. One is that I specifically state MY ONLY GOAL IS TO MAKE THE CAR BETTER THAN STOCK. <as if I'm speaking to a child> That means I'm not putting any more money into it than it takes to bring it to my standards. Not your standards, little Johnny. <pats you on the head then leave so I can wash my hands>

(3) :rollseyes: There is no Cavalier SS, Mr. Build Your Own Engine. Semantics, I suppose as that could have been a typo. BTW, props to you for building your own. Not being sarcastic -- I'm serious. That's impressive.

(4) Did the cargo make a difference? Pre and post nitrous answers are Y-E-S.
- Would I have made up ground sooner after he got the jump initially? YES.
- Would I have still gotten my azz handed to me after he sprayed? HE// YES! No doubt about it!!

But hey I like my clean, well-conditioned fully loaded Z24 that I HAVE the title to. :) Regardless, when I graduate next year I will be leaving it behind for something much better and MUCH faster. So, my Cav is temporary. Your ignorance is forever, chief. But don't let that stop you from having a nice day. :)

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member

what you need is a new hobby and to find a GM website where someone may think there is a point to putting money into mods on a cavalier SS
if i destroy a camaro SS why would i care about your 4cyl? and did the TV and your cargo REALLY make a difference? your story makes me wanna :cuss: :burn: :xpl: :kaboom: [/B]

EASY there Geronimo!...Why and who are you to bash someone else's kill/got killed story?....See,all you did was get many Z's to hand you your ass on a reply:lol: :lol: :lol::lol1:

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
BTW, exactly how did you build your own cobra? Body kit, suspension, and a cobra crate engine?

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Hey, speaking of spraying, what do you guys think about me putting a 50 shot into my 2.0? That's not too much, is it? Or is it not even worth it?

03DOHC

Established Member

....what you need is a new hobby and to find a GM website where someone may think there is a point to putting money into mods on a cavalier SS
if i destroy a camaro SS why would i care about your 4cyl? and did the TV and your cargo REALLY make a difference? your story makes me wanna :cuss: :burn: :xpl: :kaboom:
You need to calm down. Please.

As far as I'm concerned zzzzzer is a contributing member to this board. Leave the flames in smack down. Please.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

This coming from a guy driving a "Fobra"! For everyone that is a Fake Cobra.

Jay is a quality member of this site and your flaming will NOT be tolerated.

So lighten up Francis, or be gone:nono:

GoatDaddy

Re: Re: Re: Have You Ever Been Sprayed?...

Originally posted by zzzzzer
:lol: WHOA! What your story should make you want to do is run to the nearest English class. You need a grammatical b/tch slap.

So, my Cav is temporary. Your ignorance is forever, chief. But don't let that stop you from having a nice day. :)

Z just proved you don't even need to be driving to score a kill.
Grammatical b/tch slap, OMFGDMFS! ROFFLMGDMFAO!

Users who are viewing this thread