Have you ever seen this rare 9/11 footage?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I remember watching live as people jumped or fell to their death. It's one of the worst days in history and I will never forget it.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Having lost a few hundred co-workers that morning I became pretty obsessed with 9/11 and the videos it produced. However, I can't say i've ever seen this video before.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
I remember watching live as people jumped or fell to their death. It's one of the worst days in history and I will never forget it.

I was at the Colts/Jets game the Sunday before bearing the National colors for the anthem while in the Army. I was in NYC as well when the towers fell. Horrible day.

Having lost a few hundred co-workers that morning I became pretty obsessed with 9/11 and the videos it produced. However, I can't say i've ever seen this video before.

Yes, I thought it was very very rare as well when I saw it.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Watching the whole video I remember seeing the part where the woman was interviewed outside the construction trailer but other than that I've never seen that footage. Pretty raw stuff and just one of the millions of stories from the morning.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Watching the whole video I remember seeing the part where the woman was interviewed outside the construction trailer but other than that I've never seen that footage. Pretty raw stuff and just one of the millions of stories from the morning.

Imagine the footage there would have been if smart phones had been around! (not to glorify or rewish anything, but you know what I mean)

starnsey

Established Member
It's crazy that we've got all these movies these days that are filmed as if it's real footage and they're usually an intense/dramatic genre, but watching this and knowing it's real gets your heart racing more than anything like that. It just seems so surreal.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
It's crazy that we've got all these movies these days that are filmed as if it's real footage and they're usually an intense/dramatic genre, but watching this and knowing it's real gets your heart racing more than anything like that. It just seems so surreal.

Surreal is the perfect word to describe it. I remember walking around in a stupor for days glued to the news channels.

When I finally sanpped out of it the rest of the country seemed to awaken as well. I'll never forget the flags in the day's and weeks that followed. They were everywhere and it was glorious. You couldn't even find them in the stores they were so in demand. If anything it really brought the country together and everyone was proud to be an American. I guess in those days everyone needed eachother for support its just utterly tragic how it had to happen.

Posted via Topify on Android

Blown 89

Established Member
The reporter and cameraman were assholes. I watched that entire video thinking that they were looking out for themselves and nobody else. Disgusting.

I remember that day. I was walking home from class with my girlfriend and people were running home as fast as they could. We knew something was up and rushed home as well to find my roommate's girlfriend watching TV with her jaw hanging to the floor. Watching people jump from the buildings on live TV was surreal to say the least. Minutes later the first tower fell. I picked up the phone and called my parents and my mom gave me a list of emergency phone numbers and a game plan to escape the city to safety and where to meet if something happened in Phoenix. I then picked up my phone and called my middle eastern friends and teammates knowing they were about to get a shit storm of hatred thrown their way. The first call I made was a buddy and his brother who were brutally beaten while eating lunch downtown for no other reason than they had brown skin (they were from Thailand). It was absolute madness and we were an entire coast away, I can't imagine what it was like in New York.

Last edited:

krman68

Established Member
I've never seen that video. Very compelling and captured the absolute chaos of that day. I watched a lot of video of that day and the coverage and never seen that which is surprising. Brings back vivid memories of that terrible day. God bless America

byeofcr

Established Member
I watched the 2nd plane hit from my rooftop a d saw them come down from across the river.. The fighter jets screaming overheard, then just silence. We all were dumbfounded. No one spoke.

Which brings me to the point of how irate it makes me when some people recently tried the whole "no planes crashed into the WTC on 9-11.." Bullshit i remember it clear as it was yesterday

Last edited by a moderator:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
The saddest day in modern American history... I will never forget. The problem is it seems most of America has. Our country is quickly becoming weaker and weaker. Russia is now at our door step in Cuba and our president still does nothing. 9-11 will look like nothing compared to what might happen if we keep looking the other way!

R1Lello

Established Member
Amazing footage - I've never seen before............and yet, immigration............well, that's all I'll say..........

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
With the current state of affairs (Iraq, Afghanistan, and our boarder) these vids need to be played on national TV to remind people that the terrorists haven't given up and what their ideology towards us is. They want to murder or enslave us and take over the world. Complacency kills.

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
With the current state of affairs (Iraq, Afghanistan, and our boarder) these vids need to be played on national TV to remind people that the terrorists haven't given up and what their ideology towards us is. They want to murder or enslave us and take over the world. Complacency kills.

I agree, our government is heartless.

Breaks my heart to see those people hanging out of their window. God only knows what was going through their mind.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
ive tried watching the video on chrome, firefox, safari and IE and all four just keep trying to play but not actually doing so. :shrug:

*works on my iphone. go figure

Last edited:

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
The reporter and cameraman were assholes. I watched that entire video thinking that they were looking out for themselves and nobody else. Disgusting.

Nah, I don't think it was like that at all. Everywhere you looked there were firemen and police. The reporter just did what was natural to him, he reported what he saw and interviewed those willing to speak.

Glad this wasn't a repost and actually some stuff people haven't seen!

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Nah, I don't think it was like that at all. Everywhere you looked there were firemen and police. The reporter just did what was natural to him, he reported what he saw and interviewed those willing to speak.

Glad this wasn't a repost and actually some stuff people haven't seen!

Agreed. Pretty intense situation with emotions running high. I actually thought he was pretty compassionate and, as stated above, was doing what came naturally to him. He was documenting history as it unfolded and, no matter how many times I see the footage, it's chilling and brings back vivid memories.

Users who are viewing this thread