Have you no soul? Forza 7 is coming to PC!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Everything that works on XB1 will work on XB1X.

Its up to the game developers to choose what frame rate settings they want to use. MS doesn't require 4k @ 60fps.
Not fully up to Devs, itll be like PS4 Pro all over again. GPU is more than enough to handle the resolution but the CPU is the big bottleneck. Its using the same CPU from Xbox One just OC’d with some “upgrades” (Basically a PS4 Pro a PS4 jump).

So games will either have to run at 4k in low FPS or a checkboard resolution with higher FPS. Sure there will be some games at 4k 60FPS but it will NOT be the standard.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Not fully up to Devs, itll be like PS4 Pro all over again. GPU is more than enough to handle the resolution but the CPU is the big bottleneck. Its using the same CPU from Xbox One just OC’d with some “upgrades” (Basically a PS4 Pro a PS4 jump).

So games will either have to run at 4k in low FPS or a checkboard resolution with higher FPS. Sure there will be some games at 4k 60FPS but it will NOT be the standard.

I understand that.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Demo is available as of today; game launches October 3rd.

Probably going to be pre-ordering the Ultimate Edition shortly. I'm so stoked!

SirShaun

Established Member
Game sequels and movie sequels alike, they just don't capture that nostalgia. Forza is making moves in the right direction, more cars, dynamic weather, customizable driver/gear, bringing back the auction house, etc. It's still Forza though.

Here is a good Reddit post containing launch information and game details.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/6gp30e/everything_you_need_to_know_about_forza/

I'll be buying it. We may need to start up a hot lap competition again, where the parameters change each week. Fastest driver or fastest person who has yet to win gets to pick the rules.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'm disappointed that there won't be any Toyota production cars in 7. At least not at launch. The Supra was a big favorite of mine.

blk02edge

Established Member
I'll be getting it for the one X. No point in it for pc when iracing exists. I just don't want to spend 1500+ for a pc

coremaster21

Established Member
I will be buying it, why the hell not and probably the ultimate edition to boot. The amount of money I have spent on this damn game would make y'all sick.

Blown 89

Established Member
I'll be buying it. We may need to start up a hot lap competition again, where the parameters change each week. Fastest driver or fastest person who has yet to win gets to pick the rules.
The fasted person picking it is what killed the hotlap competition last time. I don't remember who it was but someone came in that destroyed everyone and it died out because it was the same cars and tracks over and over again. For it to succeed there needs to be some variety in cars, tracks, and people's choices. Nobody wants to do a competition they have no chance at winning.

I wasn't going to buy this release but if it's available for PC that changes things. Being able to pull out a controller and play on my Surface between clients would be awesome.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'll be getting it for the one X. No point in it for pc when iracing exists. I just don't want to spend 1500+ for a pc

Did you just compare Forza to iRacing? Lolololol

Either way, you get it for either system with its purchase as it's part of the play anywhere thing. As far as iRacing goes. I do it, it's awesome and very realistic. But iRacing has a lot of shortfalls as well. Apples to oranges really.

blk02edge

Established Member
Did you just compare Forza to iRacing? Lolololol

Either way, you get it for either system with its purchase as it's part of the play anywhere thing. As far as iRacing goes. I do it, it's awesome and very realistic. But iRacing has a lot of shortfalls as well. Apples to oranges really.
Yea, I just don't see the appeal in forza as a game either so may as well just run the one that has a better physics engine.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Yea, I just don't see the appeal in forza as a game either so may as well just run the one that has a better physics engine.

Because in Forza you are free to jump into and out of a race at any time, whereas iRacing has a set schedule.

Forza has always been about community and the ability to customize/leisurely drive any car you want, whereas iRacing is about the almighty dollar.

I can somewhat see your point, but it's not a well made argument. iRacing actually costs a ton between monthly membership and content. Not to mention it's a very limited community. You also need a pretty decent rig and a wheel/pedal setup to be competitive.

If it's a 'as close as you can get simulation experience' that someone is after, no doubt iRacing is the way to go. But it's going to be significantly more expensive and time consuming than Forza.

blk02edge

Established Member
Because in Forza you are free to jump into and out of a race at any time, whereas iRacing has a set schedule.

Forza has always been about community and the ability to customize/leisurely drive any car you want, whereas iRacing is about the almighty dollar.

I can somewhat see your point, but it's not a well made argument. iRacing actually costs a ton between monthly membership and content. Not to mention it's a very limited community. You also need a pretty decent rig and a wheel/pedal setup to be competitive.

If it's a 'as close as you can get simulation experience' that someone is after, no doubt iRacing is the way to go. But it's going to be significantly more expensive and time consuming than Forza.
I can see that point too, reason I use forza still.. but if I had a good PC I'd rather drive the spec miata and gt mustang on iracing over and over with the few friends of mine who have it.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I can see that point too, reason I use forza still.. but if I had a good PC I'd rather drive the spec miata and gt mustang on iracing over and over with the few friends of mine who have it.

And that's a very fair argument, especially considering you actually have real life friends you can play with and set up private matches. Unfortunately that route of iRacing (private/custom matches) don't apply toward the iRating and MPR needed to advance license levels. :(

I wish iRacing would just give an offline with AI option, but I understand their point against that as well.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Good to know it will be on PC. I seen the advertisement on Youtube yesterday but it only said Xbox, so I assumed they hadn't migrated to Windows 10 yet, which is what they indicated when they released Apex.

I think I may need to buy a nicer wheel for my PC just to play this game. I love Forza games.
October also is the release of Age of Empires remastered version, which I am excited for.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Downloading the demo now. Almost 23GB!

Supposedly 7 is PC optimized and has very low minimum requirements. Hopefully it avoids being the cluster**** that the FH3 port was.

Kiohtee

Established Member
So the demo leaves a lot to be desired IMO, but I can wait nine days. The Porsche is fun as all get out, as is the Mercedes racing semi (there's also a race spec GT-R).

I'm mainly looking forward to the impromptu Mexico style lobbies that are almost always available, but that might not be the case on the PC version. At least buying it digitally will allow me to hop over to the Xbox One if need be.

colin450

Established Member
Kind of bummed I bought the Xbox One S this spring with the X coming out now. Oh well. I pre-ordered the ultimate edition last night.

coremaster21

Established Member
I played the demo, it was kind of a let down, but it was just a demo. The game will definitely take some time to get used to. The moving camera while racing and the turning is a little different than the previous Forza's. I wish there was like some website where you could download and use any car you could think of. I really want an 03/04 cobra in a Forza game but that will probably never happen.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I wish Turn 10/Microsoft would focus on the US base more than the overseas market myself. At least that's what it seems like they're doing.

We don't need tons of RHD cars when the same car is/was sold here in LHD configuration. We don't need 50 Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porches, etc. either. That's where the high car counts come from.

Users who are viewing this thread