Have you no soul? Forza 7 is coming to PC!

coremaster21

Established Member
Yeah, those are some good points. I am also big on the cockpit view and I hate when the car's speedometer is in km/h. That is the deciding factor a lot of time whether or not I buy a car lol.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I pre-ordered it just after they announced it. I wasn't planning on wasting time on the demo but I want to get a feel for the driving physics. I still play Forza 6 and Horizon 3 with my 8yr old son so I want to see how the physics have changed if any.

Kiohtee

Established Member
The 7 demo does feel different than games past, but I can't exactly place why. It's a welcome change though, and has me excited for the 29th.

blk02edge

Established Member
The 7 demo does feel different than games past, but I can't exactly place why. It's a welcome change though, and has me excited for the 29th.
A bit more mechanical grip? That's my biggest gripe

Kiohtee

Established Member
A bit more mechanical grip? That's my biggest gripe

I would say it has less. If my memory is serving me correctly, the Porsche in the demo was very prone to loss of traction. Maybe it's because it's the demo, or maybe because it's an extreme car. Either way, the simulated lag and power coming in all at once didn't help.

I was also abusing the demo as an arcade game, so rolling into the throttle in lower gears as you would in real life (or a stickier tire) would also probably help.

blk02edge

Established Member
Ahh well that's not good, lack of turn in grip was too little and the tail was just too happy on braking in F6. I won't be happy if that's even worse haa. Also what wheel/pedals do you use?

On the Xbox one and a Samsung 4k on gaming mode I still have quite a bit of lag on the wheel and the wheel in the cockpit view. My buddies fanatec wheel on iracing has zero lag. I wonder if that's tv, wheel or Xbox problem

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
It's more than likely your TV. Just using common numbers here, so don't read too far into this comparison, but it's relevant and applies.

Samsung 32" 4K TV @ 120Hz will perform noticeably different (read: worse) than a Samsung 32" 4K PC monitor @ 120Hz. It's something about how they're built differently internally, but that's above my pay grade. Lol

For Forza, since I treat it as a more realistic arcade-type game (I never race competitively outside of career mode), I'm using a standard Xbox One controller.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The real question is, get this for XB or PC?

I have a decent PC but dont run Windows 10. Shit.
Also have a vanilla XB1. Shit

Decisions decisions

Blown 89

Established Member
The real question is, get this for XB or PC?

I have a decent PC but dont run Windows 10. Shit.
Also have a vanilla XB1. Shit

Decisions decisions
There isn't a decision to make. If you buy it for one you have access to the other automatically

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Coworker got the disc version today and has been playing.

Dudes a semi pro in racing games and says its hard as shit playing on unbeatable. Best he could do was 9th place, usually getting 11th.
He said the first update made the game "much much easier".

Kiohtee

Established Member
I believe tonight at midnight the game becomes live for play if you bought the Ultimate Edition. I'll start the download when I get home and probably pull a very late night.

I royally messed up in buying this thing exclusively for early access, but I'm leaving for the beach Friday night. Lol

SirShaun

Established Member
Anyone buying the standard edition and want a VIP Membership code? It's worth $20. I think it's a car pack and some other in game benefits. I won it via the Xbox Rewards Virtual Key Instant Win and Sweepstakes. I'm buying the Ultimate edition and won't be needing it. Shoot me a PM, first come, first served.

@C0bra99 took it home. If I get anymore shit I don't need, I'll post it up.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I pulled trigger on ultimate as well, downloaded the game Tuesday and tried just about everything to play the game. Change DNS, advance time to next day, still can’t play. Even changing time to Kiritimati wherever the hell that is, still can’t play it yet.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Holy hell the Hoonigan mustang is tough to tame, I just checked the stats, 1400hp. I’m gonna find a grip tune and race this bitch!!!
The dodge demon is a let down, well a let down after driving the hoonigan car.

Blown 89

Established Member
Turn 10 needs to get on proper stadium truck racing. I selected Trophy Trucks for my first series and the monologue got me all excited when they mentioned jumps only to find out it's the same ol' same ol'.

Has anyone else noticed that the AI are complete pushovers? I haven't tried unbeatable yet but I might as well be free-racing instead of the Pro Setting.

blk02edge

Established Member
Just played on XB1 and it's a definite improvement in the physics dept.

Kiohtee

Established Member
My PC download randomly stopped at almost 70GB last night, so there's that.

Users who are viewing this thread