Haven’t been active lately, current state of my 2 rides

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
ED796447-878E-4D9F-9D50-144F9797C655.jpg

I used to be pretty active on this forum. Life gets in the way, got married, had a son, work, the world lol…. But anywho…Bullitt is still kicking making 604/626 but still suffers from a breaking up and backfire issue that me and my tuner can’t figure out, so I’ll be tearing into that again soon. I bought the 03 Harley off Blowerwhore on IG back in January. So far I’ve just raised it slightly in the front, new lights all around, different exhaust and I just acquired a Steggy stage 4 ported SC to replace the stock unit. Been daily driving the HD and love it! I’m going to try and be more active on here again haha.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Sweet rides, ‘01 Bullitt owner here too. I like what you have done to yours, I see a few mods, what else have you done to the B? Nice ‘03, we were Rockin’ an ‘02 Lightning for a few years but traded that off for a ‘10 F150 Screw, and have been pretty happy with that, it served the our purpose a little better for moving, doing renos and just general transport.

More pics and details of your rides would be appreciated .

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Sweet rides, ‘01 Bullitt owner here too. I like what you have done to yours, I see a few mods, what else have you done to the B? Nice ‘03, we were Rockin’ an ‘02 Lightning for a few years but traded that off for a ‘10 F150 Screw, and have been pretty happy with that, it served the our purpose a little better for moving, doing renos and just general transport.

More pics and details of your rides would be appreciated .

Bullitt has a forged rotating assembly, stock heads with F52 Anderson cams, 70mm turbo installed, return fuel system with twin 340 pumps and 80lb injectors. She boogies when it runs right haha. I also have a 12 Lariat Screw that I just rebuilt a new coyote for because it ate 4 drivers piston skirts…
View attachment 1753179

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Sounds like a fun ride, mines getting the DOHC out of a 37,000 cobra along with a 2.3 Whipple and supporting mods and the T56. Currently in the body shop getting some parking lot dents cleaned up and a few small changes to the body work and some new paint.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Love the new HD truck Chris. Those have always looked so sharp. Hopefully you get the Bullitt straightened out soon. Good to see you checking in, life gets in the way for sure.
Let's get together this season.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice to hear from you again. Like Paul said, life gets in the way for sure. How long have you have the "tune" issue? Sucks that your tuner hasn't been able to resolve the issue. Hope you get it done soon. And very like HD. It looks to be in great condition. As does your gorgeous Bullitt.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Nice to hear from you again. Like Paul said, life gets in the way for sure. How long have you have the "tune" issue? Sucks that your tuner hasn't been able to resolve the issue. Hope you get it done soon. And very like HD. It looks to be in great condition. As does your gorgeous Bullitt.

It’s not a tuning issue. When I built the car again in 2015 it was perfect for all of 2015-2016. Pulled it from storage in 17 and it just had the issue all the sudden. Put in all new oem cam/ crank sensors, oem coils, new injectors, the full fuel system etc. no change other than it made another 100hp lol. May be a timing reluctor issue.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Bullitt has a forged rotating assembly, stock heads with F52 Anderson cams, 70mm turbo installed, return fuel system with twin 340 pumps and 80lb injectors. She boogies when it runs right haha. I also have a 12 Lariat Screw that I just rebuilt a new coyote for because it ate 4 drivers piston skirts…
View attachment 1753179

Interesting comment on the coyote. Was it making noise? What do you suspect caused it to eat 4 skirts?

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Interesting comment on the coyote. Was it making noise? What do you suspect caused it to eat 4 skirts?

I had read that 11/12 had an issue with cylinders becoming out of round. I bought it with 48k on it 5 years ago, has 120k now but it had been making a knocking/tapping noise since maybe 90k after it was warmed up. It just all the sudden got very bad and did it at all times, was pretty embarrassing seeing how I’m a mechanic and my own vehicle sounds like junk lol.. I’m just figuring it was oblong and I let it run it’s course till it was time. I had a short block I rebuilt last year just waiting for the right moment

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I had read that 11/12 had an issue with cylinders becoming out of round. I bought it with 48k on it 5 years ago, has 120k now but it had been making a knocking/tapping noise since maybe 90k after it was warmed up. It just all the sudden got very bad and did it at all times, was pretty embarrassing seeing how I’m a mechanic and my own vehicle sounds like junk lol.. I’m just figuring it was oblong and I let it run it’s course till it was time. I had a short block I rebuilt last year just waiting for the right moment

Wow, that's a crazy story. Ive read of rod bearing issues on the early coyotes, but not that.

Thanks for sharing!

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen

Yep I had a '12 F150 5.0 do the same to me, luckily I caught the issue right after buying it and dealer took it back a couple days later. Had no idea about their cylinder issues until I researched the knocking noise.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Yep I had a '12 F150 5.0 do the same to me, luckily I caught the issue right after buying it and dealer took it back a couple days later. Had no idea about their cylinder issues until I researched the knocking noise.

Yea mine took awhile. Granted I beat the piss out of this truck so I’m not surprised something happened to it haha

crazycarlo

Established Member
I know what you mean. I used to be really active on here but I sold my 98 cobra. Bought a fox body and I had that for a few years and sold in this fall to purchase my current 2015 GT. Vehicles look good.

Users who are viewing this thread