Having issues with my 03 termi. Not sure whats going on. Please help!

CobraSam

Established Member
are you talking about a vacuum leak in hte coolant system?

I should’ve been more specific. So you obviously have an issue with the coolant system. But, I was thinking maybe you have 2 separate issues. I was thinking that because of the jerking and hesitation symptoms you described while trying to give it a little hammering. They of course could be related, but was trying to think outside the box

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
These things are a PITA to get air out of the system.
We need way more details on the car as I mentioned above.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
oil isnt milky. what else do you need to know?

My guess is just understanding the basic health of the engine. What happens if you burp the system correctly and coolant disappears again?

I would do a compression test for a peace of mind. Test the cooling system to see if motor is ok etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
how do i test the cooling system?

you can buy a little gun to pressurize the system then see if it bleeds down. The only other real check is to buy the test kit for hydrocarbons in the coolant but having replaced 2 gallons I dont think itd be accurate at this point

If it were me I would use the handheld to monitor coolant temps for a while and coolant level. If temps are good and its not leaking then it was just poor maintenance by the PO. If coolant level drops need to start looking real hard for leaks and go from there.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you're going to keep the car for a while look into one of those vacuum filling kits for the cooling systems. They're worth the money IMO. They make filling the system a snap and easy to find a leak.

Users who are viewing this thread