Having Problems with LFP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark@LFP

Banned
The first few times I visited this thread it quickly became obvious that its purpose was not an undertaking to get answers for a customer, but a siege to publicly reproach Lightning Force Performance.

I would like to thank all of you who called in your orders in spite of this forest. Some coined it "a witch hunt", those with average intelligence have seen through the masquerade and have written or called in to LFP their support.

LFP expects to see these same crusades working with vendors attempting to help recover the monies lost when customers take advantage of vendors. LFP has been in business for 7+ years with a continuously growing product line offering great deals and prices. LFP, contrary to a few, does in fact spend many hours a day on the phone. In many instances talking consumers out of product they think they needed, but in fact do not. In other instances speaking to customers giving advice and never selling a thing, a few reasons for the success of Lightning Force Performance. When you’re a large company you cannot help, no matter how hard you try, to upset a few.

The short block that was replaced, after close inspection, was not covered under warranty. Customer has received a new short block; with shipping included a $4195.00 loss. LFP will make no attempt to re-coupe our loss. We have written it off as a lesson learned. LFP has been offering built motors for the SVT community for years, and will continue to offer a superior product at an affordable price. One 5.4L Short Block, Two 5.4L Long Blocks, and Two 4.6L Short Blocks shipping this week.

I am re-posting the timeline that LFP took to replace customers' block.

JESSE@LFP said:
The information below will show that LFP was miss-represented in posts on this thread.

This is the Bill of Lading for the original LFP Bullet Proof Short Block shipped to Mr. Holt on February 12, 2007; within 1 week that he placed his order.

This is the Bill of Lading showing Lightning Force Performance paying to have Mr. Holts LFP Short Block picked up and returned to LFP for inspection on March 22.

This is 5 working days from Mr. Holt stating LFP Short Block is now out of his truck. Keep in mind that time is needed to request a quote, arrange pick-up time, execute documents, and verify receiver is at the location in order to load shipment. We consider this time frame to be reasonable.

On this particular shipment, our carrier tried to deliver to an invalid address. This delayed the shipment at our dock ONLY 1 day; click here for documented e-mail correspondence. This was communicated to Mr. Holt and his wonderful girlfriend Angela.

Here we have a Brand New LFP Short Block ready to go to Mr. Holt on April 10th.

This would make the timeline from date of pick-up to date of drop-off ONLY 9 Business Days. Not bad when you consider we had no short blocks in stock and were waiting on 6 to be built.

Below is correspondence and pictures from builder's inspection. A warranty was not and is not expressed, nor implied, covering this type of damage. Remember, LFP replaced engine in spite of the fact it was not under warranty.

Looking at the 5.4, it appears that little or no coolant was in the block. In the attached picture of the left hand (driver's side) cylinder bank, you see that the cylinder head gasket coating is stuck to the deck surface of the block. This is common when an engine has been severely overheated.

SEE PHOTO HERE

Under normal use the coating will remain with the gasket, you can see that the coating remains even over the water passages. This reinforces my thoughts that this engine was overheated for the coating to melt and completely separate from the gasket itself.

A number of pistons have severe damage to the skirt, and all of the pistons have some evidence of detonation seen from where the ceramic was lifted off of the edge of the pistons.

SEE PHOTO HERE

The piston in the picture has some small debris on the head of it. This debris could be caused from detonation or just from sheer heat but I don't want to speculate which.

SEE PHOTO HERE

The type of gasket used appears to be a felpro, not the Ford Motorsport that we provide. These type of gaskets, when overheated, will de-laminate and melt.

Thank you all for your continued support of Lightning Force Performance.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
There you have it. I think the pics set the story straight. I see no reson for this thread to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread