Having Problems with LFP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Lightningfr said:
i think thats crap.
if you spend 5k on an engine and it defective when you pay a professional to install it and you have to remove it and send it back to get a good motor They should pick up the tab, what do companies not stand behind there products anymore..
its a dam shame

If it's going the way mark is saying, the motor was damaged from being overheated. Which would mean it wasn't LFP's problem it was the installer. Now if this is indeed 100% true why should LFP be held accountable for something they did not do?
You can stand behind a product all you want..but if the end user does something to damage the item ( like using a knife as a screw driver and breaking the blade) then its not your fault.

JohninMD

Established Member
Kryo-Genik said:
If it's going the way mark is saying, the motor was damaged from being overheated. Which would mean it wasn't LFP's problem it was the installer. Now if this is indeed 100% true why should LFP be held accountable for something they did not do?
You can stand behind a product all you want..but if the end user does something to damage the item ( like using a knife as a screw driver and breaking the blade) then its not your fault.

If the manufacturer already admitted a mistake and sent a check then how can it be his fault??

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
JohninMD said:
If the manufacturer already admitted a mistake and sent a check then how can it be his fault??

And theyve also stated that the engine had overheated. How is overheating LFP's fault? And the check was for the cost of the labor (or half of it) not for the block. I am still waiting to see these pictures.

ducman996

Established Member
Just my observations, the knock in the motor at start up sounds very consistant with an out of round cylinder and then resulting in dammage. Overheating? What do you have to do to overheat a motor that bad? Not put any coolant in the engine at all? Especially one that you are trying to "baby" around and observe guages for anything abnormal untill it is broke in. Wouldn't you just about have to ingore the temp guage and SES light, have hoses blowing off the engine, and a mile high steam cloud to result in an block overheated enough to warp a cylinder out of round? I just dont find it likely that a shop would accidently overheat a motor that bad. It just doesn't sound nearly as plausable to me. I want to see these pictures, maybe there was still flames comming out of the cylinder when it was delivered back to LFP.

todd abbott

Established Member
The engine problems are really not the issue here, you guy keep bringing up what tanked and why, Mark made a commitment, period, we can go back and forth on the why and why he shouldn't pay but the fact remains, he made a commitment, period. I see the points both ways but if you dropped 3800.00 on a motor that didn't work, only to have to eat the labor in out and back in, you be looking for the extra cost as well. As for future issues, if I was LFP I'd make it very clear for future sale, continue to warranty on parts but labor is not included on warranty items, but for now make it right.

LightningFast00

673/753 pump gas
Established Member
maybe I missed it, but I thought the agreement to transfer funds was made before the determination of end user error? Try to get one particular big vendor to give you anything at all back on a motor they don't install and see how much you get... If it was LFP's builders fault, then I hope Mark does the right thing... If it wasn't, then he has done more than almost any vendor would...

Mark@LFP

Banned
Contrary to your statement it is very easy to improperly fill the coolant fluid, get an air pocket, and cause severe overheating. The builder admitted nothing. Builder WITHOUT seeing motor took customers word that it was builder fault. Sent a motor sight unseen. That is customer service.
Replacing a short block in good faith does not constitute fault. It simply means he kept his word believing the it could have been his fault.
Mark has been out. Pics. will be posted.
Engine got so hot the Poly-Dyne heat treat coating bubbled off and melted the head gaskets to the head surface.
Unwarranted motor............$3495.00
Shipping..........................$600.00
Edited by F2B-You don't need our help, LFP needs to take care of this once and for all. Stop dragging the mods into this! This is YOUR (LFP's) problem to deal with, not SVTP's and it's members' or staff. LL has already told you this. Got it?
Jesse/LFP

Last edited by a moderator:

Lightningfr

Banned
ducman996 said:
Just my observations, the knock in the motor at start up sounds very consistant with an out of round cylinder and then resulting in dammage. Overheating? What do you have to do to overheat a motor that bad? Not put any coolant in the engine at all? Especially one that you are trying to "baby" around and observe guages for anything abnormal untill it is broke in. Wouldn't you just about have to ingore the temp guage and SES light, have hoses blowing off the engine, and a mile high steam cloud to result in an block overheated enough to warp a cylinder out of round? I just dont find it likely that a shop would accidently overheat a motor that bad. It just doesn't sound nearly as plausable to me. I want to see these pictures, maybe there was still flames comming out of the cylinder when it was delivered back to LFP.

+1

nailed it on the head

TheFranchise

Established Member
Well, this is a very touchy situation. Afrer reading both sides, and my own experiences - this is what I can say.

First of all, I have ordered from LFP a few times without any problems. I needed an XCAL2 with a canned tune within a few days so I could make my drive to California - and yes, I recieved it when they said. That is not the only order I have had with them either - great customer service on my part.

I am sorry for your problems and loss. I do honestly feel, by LFP sending you a new motor before even inspecting your old one and determining the defect, was EXCELLENT Customer Service on their part. Not many, if any others, would send a new motor that quickly without much question. I would have been very happy with that, and took my loss in the install, etc.

Now, if LFP said they would send you a check, then yes they need to stand up to their word and do so, and I believe they will. LFP is a stand-up company in my book and I think Mark will do the right thing.

I wish people would give both sides a chance, before making assumptions. Some people have never even ordered from LFP before and are already saying 'I will stay away from them'. If you and your brother both love the Ford Mustang and he got one and something happened and they wouldn't fix it, does that mean you would buy your Mustang because of his mis-hap? I don't think so.

It is just one of those things where something possibly slipped through the cracks or something overlooked. I know Mark@LFP will make things right.

BUT, I would be thankful that he even sent a new motor the way he did.

If I were you, I would have appreciated the new motor and went on my way.

Cody

04xlightningx04

Established Member
Mark@LFP said:
Contrary to your statement it is very easy to improperly fill the coolant fluid, get an air pocket, and cause severe overheating. The builder admitted nothing. Builder WITHOUT seeing motor took customers word that it was builder fault. Sent a motor sight unseen. That is customer service.
Replacing a short block in good faith does not constitute fault. It simply means he kept his word believing the it could have been his fault.
Mark has been out. Pics. will be posted.
Engine got so hot the Poly-Dyne heat treat coating bubbled off and melted the head gaskets to the head surface.
Unwarranted motor............$3495.00
Shipping..........................$600.00
Can a moderator please help. Of coarse not. This thread was approved as a witch hunt.

Jesse/LFP

I like how nobody at LFP will even mention the check that was promised to me or the conversations I have mentioned from day one.

I am not fighting with LFP about the fault of the defective block. That has already been established.

For those of you who want to put in their two cents about this issue – I AGREE with you all that IF what LFP is saying now was truly the case I would be entitled to nothing and should be happy that I got the new block, however, this is far from the truth and I’m sticking with this. As I said before I don’t like liars.

One thing that I’d like to mention is that fact that Mark himself told me that he, himself, with his own eyes, inspected that defective block. If that were the case how could Mark have not seen that the overheating “melted the head gaskets to the head surface”? How long has he been in this business? I think most people would suspect something was wrong if that was the first thing they saw. Did Mark lie to me when he told me he was present for the inspection?

There are a few problems with your response, Jessie. First of all, how can you claim that your company “sent a motor sight unseen”? The documents in your previous post state that the defective block was picked up from my shop on 3/22/07 and the new block was not even ready to ship until 4/10/07. How was that not enough time for you and/or the manufacturer to inspect that block? Are you trying to tell everyone on here that you let that defective block sit in your shop for that long without looking at it? Even if that is what you did, that would be your fault for not inspecting the defective block before you shipped out the new one. I only told you what I was told and I made that clear. If you took my word for it and didn’t inspect it for yourself that was an error on your part.

Secondly, I understand that you have all changed your stories to me since I first talked to you, but the conversations I have personally had with many representatives at your company do not hold to what you are saying (or not saying) now. All I was originally asking is where the check was that I was promised and you have neither admitted nor denied that statement was even said. So let me reflect on some conversations we’ve had to refresh your memory. I don’t feel I need to go back to the beginning, so I will start on April 24th, way after the check was promised, when I talked to you, Jessie. You told me that Mark was out of town but there was a note on his desk stating that the check was mailed on April 23rd (by the way that’s a MONTH after the old block was returned to your shop – was that enough time to inspect it?). Did this conversation not happen, Jessie? Are you going to admit that you and Mark and Mike all told me the check was in the mail?

What about the conversation with Mark on April 27th? When I reminded him of what you said, Jessie, he said (referring to the check) “then you should get it today.” Does this sound like something someone who had no intention of sending me a check would say?

How about April 30th when I talked to mike who told me specifically that the “check sent to me was returned because it had the wrong PO” and that he was putting it in the mail again that day? Does that sound like something he would make up or was he told by a superior to do that?

I want you to tell me if these conversations happened, or if I’m lying. I want to see you admit or deny something instead of avoiding the subject at hand.

What about my check, Jessie? Where is that check you ALL promised me was already sent? Just that right there proves that you guys haven’t been that truthful. If that check had been sent why is it not at my house in my possession?

Why would I continually call you guys if I had nothing promised to me? Why would I bother posting on this forum knowing that you guys would most likely make me look like the bad guy? Mark told me about the pictures long before I posted on here. I don’t care. I don’t want revenge. I don’t want to make you look bad or lose business. I just want the money that you have all promised me over and over. Obviously calling you doesn’t get the job done. This forum was the next step in recovering my money.

I want you to give me the name and phone number of the manufacturer of your blocks. I would love to call them and question them about the block and the check. Do you think they will lie about the check? Are you stating above that the builder didn’t send you guys a check? Then why did Mark say “I’m waiting for the check to clear before I cut you one, Richard”? Was he lying? Are you going to claim that he didn’t say that? Are you sure about that?

It seems that all of the “serious” business needs to be handled by Mark around there, but Mark is never around there to do it. Maybe it’s time Mark hired someone to take his place. It would be nice to talk to someone with the authority to do anything. If I hear one more time “I’ll have to talk to Mark” or “you’ll have to call back and talk to Mark” I’m going to throw up. If Mark is too busy to run his business he needs to re-think his situation. Maybe he should give his do-boys more authority.

Where is my check? Please enlighten me, Jessie.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread