Having second thoughts.

The Sinner

GETUSUM
Established Member
I am ready to step up to a 03/04 Cobra, but my buddy just baught a 03 ZO6, and now I'm having second thoughts of going to the dark side.
If money was not an issue and you could go back and do it over again, would you have still got the cobra or went with the Vette?
I know its all boils down to what I want, but now I dont know what I want.
Thanks for any info/input you can give.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Cobra no doubt, too many reasons to list but a lot of it is the looks/motor but it could also be the subconscious in me from being young and being drawn toward the Cobra which comes off as more of a muscle car to me.

bigboye

Established Member
If money was not a problem and I was willing to spend $10k on building a built engine. I would go with the Vette. I love my Cobra, it's fast but a Vette it's not. I have a kid so a rear seat helps, but if money is not a problem. My wife and alway drive her own car and the kid ride with me.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My son-in-law has an '06 Z-06. I've driven it. It's fast. About equal to my old Terminator. That said, my Cobra was a lot more fun to drive. Sounded better. Looked better IMO. To me the Terminator (especially if it is modded) is pure muscle. The Vette is pure sports car. So if I had to choose between having my old Terminator back as it was when I sold it, or a new Z-06, I'd take my Cobra. Remember that they're very different vehicles. So it boils more down to personal preference. I mean, technology and quality wise the new Z-06 romps all over the Terminator. But......the Terminator is what it is. :rockon:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I like the 03-04's because it's of course a blower car! That always makes it a bit more fun than it's competition. :D With that being said, I can look past that! The engineering of a Corvette can't be touched when compared to the Cobra. I previously owned a 2001 Z06 before buying my 03 and I miss a lot of other things besides the speed. There's no doubt the Cobra is faster though. Refinement, handling, exoticness and looks. The C5 and C6 ZO6's are virtually on another level, (keywords) all around. Yeah Yeah, the Cobra's are more fun and the "best bang for the buck", yadi yadi yaddah! What else is new????? :-D

Last edited:

MVPJEFF106

Boosted PoPo
Established Member
what z06 you talking about? The 03 is nothing compared to an 03/04 Cobra, the 06 Z06 is faster than a Cobra, but going for 70k's. I'd personally like to have my cobra with my pulley, chip, exhaust, and pullin 452hp, that keeps up with the vette's, unless it's a "RARE" driver that knows how to drive his vette. Best yet, I paid 26k's for it, and if I go for 4,500, with a KB, I can pull on 95% OF 06 z06's, and STILL have about 40k's left over to have that Hummer.........

xxkazp3rxx

Established Member
Ok... as far as I would go... even though I don't really use my backseat often it's nice having it there. I love the Whine of the s/c sounds like a real horse is kickin up and ready to go... hehh... Remember the c5z06 and the Terminator were about even from the factory, I think the z has a stock term. by only a couple of tenths, which is fixed with a pulley and tune, and still probably cheaper then the Z... I love the style of the Cobra, I love the ease of power on the Cobra, and I love the SOUND of the Cobra. I had that choice same as you did when i was looking for a Cobra, I felt i made the right choice.. in the end it does all come down to preference.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
I love this car more than any I've had in the past. The more I throw at her the more she wants. Looks, price, fun factor, and a Mustang you cant bet it with a stick.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
LTHL VNM said:
Cobra no doubt, too many reasons to list but a lot of it is the looks/motor but it could also be the subconscious in me from being young and being drawn toward the Cobra which comes off as more of a muscle car to me.

Pretty much my thinking as well. . . . . . .+1 :-D

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
im comfortable with the size of my genitals so a vette really was never a consideration at the time
(now a c6 z06, otoh....thats a horse of another color entirely)

mustangs are WAY more fun, and mustang people are way cooler.
:lol:

I am comfortable as well (no need to compensate;-) )
Mustangs are way more fun...
Mustang guys are way cooler....

I would pick the 03/04 over a vette (that was within 10-15k price diff) every time. (which by definition excludes the 06 Z06;-) )

Lastly, as I've said in other threads, at 6'4" and 200+lbs (and size 13 shoe) I just don't seem to fit in the vettes (driven a few) as well as in the Mustangs so that's alwys a big factor for me.

1fastredcobra

Established Member
Cold Brew said:
Cobra is a real mans car. Vettes are for older guys

I'm an "older" guy and I'd take the Z06 in a heartbeat if I could pull the price. The cobra's a lot of fun, but nothing beats the refinement of the 'vette. Now having said that, I HATE CORVETTE (most) OWNERS:bash:!! I like a whole variety off different cars, whereas vette boys think their cars are the ultimate cars on the planet an have the attitude to match. I love the look on their face when my cobra stomps all over their candy a$$ little car. The very fact that I've spent well under half the price of a new Z06 and am just as fast makes the cobra a very fun car. By the way, getting older doesn't mean you turn into less of a man, it just means you've been around long enough for life to have taught you not to do some of the dumb-a$$ stuff you did when you were younger.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
If you don't need the back seat .. I say go for the Vette :) Our cars are great, but if I didn't want to cruise w/ the wife and kid, I'd be sitting in the vette :)

Crowley

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, my 36 year old son-in-law has a C6 Z06. And he didn't buy it to compensate for small genitals (LOL!) nor is he an old guy. :lol1: Seriously, sometimes we tend to sterotype those who drive high end sports cars. Those who can afford a C6 in part bought theirs for its technology and features. It's an awesome car to say the least.

And my butt behind the wheel of my son-in-law's Z06. LOL!
Z06-10.JPG

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
CobraBob said:
Well, my 36 year old son-in-law has a C6 Z06. And he didn't buy it to compensate for small genitals

Bob, I agree with you as usual....but I DON'T want to know how YOU know the size of your son-in-laws ding dong!!

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
i look at it like this. between the two cars, the cobra is just hands down awsome in the bang for buck catagory. you simply cannot go wrong with that. however, if you find yourself desiring the vette and bang is not you primary goal, the go for it...no regrets, be happy in the end with your desission.

Users who are viewing this thread