Header and killer chiller install

cobra9903

Born11/22/02 No.3935/8394
Established Member
I finally got around and spent Saturday and installed my Mac long tube headers along with a mac prochamber mid pipe. The are ran through a magnaflow catback with dumps. The sound is not that much louder than it was before at idle but you get some more sound when you get into it. As far as install I already had a UPR k member And it made the install pretty easy. The upr k member was worth every penny just for the sheer fact you can get to everything, starter was cake! The drivers side header went right in with no problems what so ever, the pass side, since I used factory hardware I had to remove most of the exhaust manifold studs to get it in but really wasn't that big of deal. The pass side header was the only one that barely touched the firewall a little. The mid pipe lined up fine and bolted right up without issues to the rest of the exhaust. I will say if you buy the SR performance 02 extensions the do not plug right in, I had to cut the tabs off of the plug ins to get the to snap together. While I was at it I installed an aeroforce wide band, that was pretty straight forward. I would recommend the headers to any one! Now the killer chiller, I thought it would be a little easier to install than it was but still not to bad. Really the hardest part was to cut the bumper absorber to fit the killer chiller. I'm sure I cut alittle more than I needed to but I wanted to make sure none of the lines showed through the front bumper. Another issue I had was that on the killer chiller itself the fittings for the AC lined where so close to the other lines coming out that It was hard to get all the lines on. I have looked at other peoples install and most of the units I see the killer chiller itself is longer and the fittings are not as close together. Stupid me did not get any pictures of It once I had it all in. It was getting late and I just wanted to be done! I will get the AC recharged and post the results. If anyone has any questions on the install I will try to help If I can! All that is left is to get my ported blower, Lower pulley, and Bap installed then to the dyno for a tune!!
DSCN1413.jpg

DSCN1402.jpg

DSCN1403.jpg

DSCN1412.jpg

DSCN1411.jpg

DSCN1410.jpg

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Nice job on the headers! I just installed a killer chiller on my car about 2 weeks ago and the hardest part for me was the stupid "quick disconnect" on the AC lines. The one by the firewall and the passenger side head kicked my butt!

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Nice, you'll love your killer chiller, easy install, makes me wonder why I waited 2 years to install it.
Get us some exhaust vids when your done.

oldmodman

Established Member
Those headers really look nice. And they are tucked up a lot more than I thought they would be

The might not ever scrape even on a lowered car.

Now. How do they sound?

cobra9903

Established Member
Nice job on the headers! I just installed a killer chiller on my car about 2 weeks ago and the hardest part for me was the stupid "quick disconnect" on the AC lines. The one by the firewall and the passenger side head kicked my butt!

Yep the quick disconnect was not fun at all. I had to play with it awhile to!

cobra9903

Established Member
Those headers really look nice. And they are tucked up a lot more than I thought they would be

The might not ever scrape even on a lowered car.

Now. How do they sound?[/QUOTE

They sound great, They get just alittle raspy when you get hard on the throttle. Nothing I cant live with. They do tuck up real nice I had to hold them up pretty hard and then tighten the bolts. I will try to gets some vids of it.

Users who are viewing this thread