Votes: 31 7.2%
  • Ford Racing

Votes: 16 3.7%
  • Mac Longtube

Votes: 31 7.2%

• Total voters

BuiltToTheHilt

Established Member
I dont know why SSW isnt on the list but if you dont mind waiting 3 weeks for them to make the headers for you then they are the best.

JSHTROD

Established Member
BuiltToTheHilt said:
I dont know why SSW isnt on the list but if you dont mind waiting 3 weeks for them to make the headers for you then they are the best.

Aren't those the headers that require you to change out your whole exhaust system?

Isn't it really expensive?

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Anyone else have any input about the Mac headers?

I am really considering doing this. May not give me the most gains for the money, but I like the fact how they will drop a little boost, help dissapate heat and still give some power. I dont care how long/painful the install is, that kind of stuff doesn't bother me.

JSHTROD

Established Member
RAZRS EDGE said:
Anyone else have any input about the Mac headers?

MAC headers have been known to cause severe motor damage in some 4v motors.

MAC leaves welding slag in the pipes, that gets picked up by the EGR valve and makes its way to the pistons, destroying the rings...

As long as you're able to clean ALL the slag out, they should be fine.

:poke:

You can search on Corral for the thread that details this...

:read:

The Good

Established Member
Thanks for the info. Its been a while since this thread was started but I decided to go with Kooks LTs, and a JDM h-pipe to compliment the stingers

Wildcat

Established Member
The best set of headers for the Cobra isn'r even in the poll. Check out Stainless Steel Works. The 3" exhaust system all the way out the back with a set of flowmasters is the meanest sounding Cobra that I've heard. Just ask someone who has heard one of these setups.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Stainless Works complete system is the best setup for quality, fitment and dyno proven results.

You're wasting time/money otherwise unless you're fishing for a certain exhaust note...

JSHTROD

Established Member
50 BMG said:
Stainless Works complete system is the best setup for quality, fitment and dyno proven results.

You're wasting time/money otherwise unless you're fishing for a certain exhaust note...

Do you have any proof to substantiate your claims?

A/B testing with a complete Stainless Works system right next to the systems by Hooker/Bassani/BBK? Same day, same dyno, same tune/car?

:shrug:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
JSHTROD said:
Do you have any proof to substantiate your claims?

A/B testing with a complete Stainless Works system right next to the systems by Hooker/Bassani/BBK? Same day, same dyno, same tune/car?

:shrug:

Run a search, I posted proof in multiple threads about 2 months ago. I believe one of them was same day same dyno.

EDIT: Here read this 1.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207758&highlight=stainless+works

2X stock manifold comparisons.

There is more info on a straight-up header X vs header Y comparison out there (mostly on the other board). As I said in that linked thread, the results are consistently in the favor of stainless works.

And I'm not trying to come in here and push them cause I have them on my car. I did months and months of research before I purchased them.

Last edited:

JSHTROD

Established Member
50 BMG said:
Run a search, I posted proof in multiple threads about 2 months ago. I believe one of them was same day same dyno.

EDIT: Here read this 1.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207758&highlight=stainless+works

2X stock manifold comparisons.

There is more info on a straight-up header X vs header Y comparison out there (mostly on the other board). As I said in that linked thread, the results are consistently in the favor of stainless works.

And I'm not trying to come in here and push them cause I have them on my car. I did months and months of research before I purchased them.

Your own data does not show that the SSW's are better than any other exhaust system.

Where is the other info on Header X vs Header Y comparison you speak of?

The Good

Established Member
JUST GOT THE KOOKS HEADERS AND JDM H-PIPE with Cats. My new is exhaust is now KOOKS headers, JDM h-pipe w/cats, and borla stingers. All I have say WOW. Even my dad is a little nervous about sound laws. I went to the shop and he drove the cobra and I was behind him in the van and mannnnnnnnnnnn is it cool. I mean IT IS LOUD. Sounds quiet at idle and like the stinger but with more bass, with no boost but once the whipple kicks in it is crazy. Also I had to go get dinner and my dad was on the front deck a he said he can hear loud and clear on the main roads at WOT where with the stingers we were a ghost's wisper.

BWH2003

Established Member
I hate SLP with a passion. They have overpriced substandard products. Dont waste your money. Look elsewhere for a better product. Kooks seem to be a great deal or if your in a money pinch the new Mac headers seem to be working out great for people.

suprjagr

WHIPPLED 21LBS.
Established Member
does anyone have a sound clip of the works exhaust...I'm thinking of getting them over the kooks because of the clearance issues, but I love the sound of the kooks...

s-trimCOBRA

Established Member
i have SLP Xpipe w/c and loudmouthII mufflers and i think they sound great, but it didnt sound good without the cats.they are quite when at idle but when you get on it they scream a smooth tone, with no pop on the way back down from a high RPM :rockon: i have no idea about the headers though sry

sn8kbite

Established Member
I have video with sound of the Works headers and pictures as well but SVTP doesnt support posting pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread