Hellcat or S6

_Snake_

Established Member
Had to share this.....my wife and were going out to dinner the other night and a black HC Charger was loitering near us. I pointed out the car and told her about this thread, and she said "Well, you'll never see a S6 in front of a single wide." LOL

Last edited:

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So this fall I’ll be in the market for a newer car. Currently I’m driving a 14 Ford Fusion and it’s been a great daily driver but I’m just bored with it. I’m looking for something fun but need four doors for dad duty as we are having our first kid this summer. I don’t have the time currently to justify keeping the fusion and just buying a toy to drive so I’m looking at what I’d consider dual purpose enjoyable 4 doors.

For a while I’ve liked the S6 but the other day I drove a customers scat pack charger and it was a lot of fun. I figure if that was fun the hell cat has to be even more enjoyable.

I would likely look for a lightly used 2017 which ever way I go but I’m just looking for opinions as I don’t have experience with either car in person. As far as winter driving that’s not a concern as we just picked up an XC90 for the wife which I use when it snows.

I’m also open to other suggestions as I’m in the research stage of the shopping so I have time before I make a final choice.
The scat pack is an all around awesome car, i myself have an 18 scat pack challenger with the auto 8 speed and 3 of my friends also have scat packs, 2 chargers and another challenger and the cars are all around amazing and with the automatics they are street beasts, if you throw an engine and trans tune in these cars they really come even more alive as well. Both the hellcat or scat packs are both amazing choices but the scat pack would be alot cheaper and insurance would be lower which would give you more money to play around with! Take a look at what our scat pack tune picks up for the 18 challenger with the auto!

My94GT

Established Member
So after much talking with the wife about wants and needs for a vehicle, I think I’ll be settling on a middle ground. Something that has capability to tow a trailer so I can use for house projects and truck like utilities, 4wd for any potential of getting caught in snow when not driving the Volvo, and still a fun great sounding V8.

Going to look into a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT. Prices seem good on either left over new or even sub 5k miles used. The only down side I see is fuel economy so I may just keep the fusion and that way I can still commute some in that and on nice days and weekends drive the Jeep.

I’ll likely keep an eye on the market and hopefully look to start shopping after the baby comes in August.

blk02edge

Established Member
So after much talking with the wife about wants and needs for a vehicle, I think I’ll be settling on a middle ground. Something that has capability to tow a trailer so I can use for house projects and truck like utilities, 4wd for any potential of getting caught in snow when not driving the Volvo, and still a fun great sounding V8.

Going to look into a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT. Prices seem good on either left over new or even sub 5k miles used. The only down side I see is fuel economy so I may just keep the fusion and that way I can still commute some in that and on nice days and weekends drive the Jeep.

I’ll likely keep an eye on the market and hopefully look to start shopping after the baby comes in August.
just sell the fusion, depreciation/insurance costs way more than some mpg's

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Had to share this.....my wife and were going out to dinner the other night and a black HC Charger was loitering near us. I pointed out the car and told her about this thread, and she said "Well, you'll never see a S6 in front of a single wide." LOL
Interesting. All depends what you want. I traded in a $111k MSRP SUV on the Hellcat which still is a $73k vehicle.
Not too many Hellcats in trailer parks. My wife would prefer the S6 too though, but this is my ride and I know it’s a 10s almost 130mph car as it sits on DRs without mods.
Didn’t even mention mpg but I avg high 17s daily commute and did almost 25mpg on a weekend NMRA trip with 4 guys.
Again, drive what you want and can afford.
Life is short to care what others think
-J

My94GT

Established Member
just sell the fusion, depreciation/insurance costs way more than some mpg's

Depends what they will give me for the fusion on trade in. It’s a 2014 with 72k currently and going 100 miles a day. It had and accident and engine replaced at 62k miles.

It depends on the mpg of the Jeep. I average 25-26mpg in the fusion in my commute as it’s a mix of heavy traffic and open highways at times and keep in mind I only run 87 octane in it where as I’m sure the Jeep needs at least 91 which isn’t in my area so I’d run 93 which is more expensive as well. Also it would help keep miles off the Jeep by mixing up what cars I drive.

Insurance is a non issue that’s dirt cheap with our multi car policy.

My94GT

Established Member
Interesting. All depends what you want. I traded in a $111k MSRP SUV on the Hellcat which still is a $73k vehicle.
Not too many Hellcats in trailer parks. My wife would prefer the S6 too though, but this is my ride and I know it’s a 10s almost 130mph car as it sits on DRs without mods.
Didn’t even mention mpg but I avg high 17s daily commute and did almost 25mpg on a weekend NMRA trip with 4 guys.
-J

Yea I’d be hard pressed to think poorly of the charger in any fashion.

_Snake_

Established Member
-J

Agreed!

What I haven’t said: I’m 100% a car guy, and I’m not blinded by brand. Anyone that’s seen my posts in the Demon threads will attest to that. I genuinely love cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, planes......you name it.

I believe a Charger would make a really good DD, but I have to give the nod to the S6 for a 100 mile daily commute.

That being said, I’d take a single wide and either car if that’s what it came down to. Always remember - you can live in your car, but you can’t drive your house. Lol

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I are confused.

S6's are apparently bottom 11 second cars @ 120+ bone stock? Everything I'm seeing is mid 12's. That's a big difference.

_Snake_

Established Member
I are confused.

S6's are apparently bottom 11 second cars @ 120+ bone stock? Everything I'm seeing is mid 12's. That's a big difference.

They're mid-12's, but hit that number very consistently. Just a tune puts them into mid-11's with the same repeatability.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
-J

You can lease them pretty cheap, which is why it's funny, because it's partly true. Think it was $1500 down, $430/m.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I are confused.

Believe Motor Trend had them trapping 120 or better stock. Bottom 12s if I remember right.

Most ive seen, though, on YouTube are trapping high teens in stock form.

APR's tune only S7 (same motor as S6) has gone high 10s at 128ish.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
trailer park = no mortgage = rich LOL

U9BGlsC.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread