Hellcat weights 4439lbs vs shelby @ 3845lbs: will an extra 45hp off set the 594 lbs

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
As for this question, manual vs manual we're good, but an auto can make up that weight disadvantage if you're only talking drag strip, yes.
-J

Last edited by a moderator:

Clemson

Established Member
The hellcat is slower. Dont believe the bullshit chrysler marketing. MT tested both cars and the 13 shelby is faster. 0 to 60, quarter mile, you name it. Only an idiot would believe an auto trans and 45hp can make up for nearly 600 lbs of heft.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I am going to chock up the Hellcat as a mythical beast until I actually see one on the street. The only ZL1s and 2013/14 GT500's I have seen were on the internet, television or dealer showrooms, I have never seen any of them on the street except my 2013. As far as I know, my 2013 may be an hallucination and only exist in my mind.

Kewlv8

Established Member
The hellcat is slower. Dont believe the bullshit chrysler marketing. MT tested both cars and the 13 shelby is faster. 0 to 60, quarter mile, you name it. Only an idiot would believe an auto trans and 45hp can make up for nearly 600 lbs of heft.

But the Challenger can carry 3 strippers in the back seat in comfort, albeit a tad slower. / Thread

steeltoe

Established Member
No. Just can't imagine that the auto can shift fast enough to offset 594lbs weight disadvantage. Would love to see Jay Leno's Garage
Put them sided by side on a drag strip and see which car comes out on top. Right now it's just speculation that the hell cat will be faster.

I have a friend at Car & Driver and they are going to TRY BUT NO PROMISES get the Hellcat, ZL1, and GT500 together.

Mombo

Established Member
3750lbs!!!!!

http://www.torquenews.com/106/2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-weighs-4439lbs

Hellcat weights 4439lbs vs shelby @ 3845lbs: will an extra 45hp off set the 594 lbs. I don't think so. I'm just curious to see what others think.

The hellcat might just be a fat cat.

Ya Well My 2014 SHELBY GT500 Is Only 3750 Pounds vs 4439 = 689 Pounds Less!!!!!

My Power To Weight Is 5.66 Pounds Per Horse Power vs 6.27 Pounds Per Horse Power.

The Torque To Weight Is Much Better For The GT500 Even Factory Under Rated By 30+ Foot Pounds.

But I Posted All Those Numbers And Specs In My Thread That Got Deleted And I Am Pissed About It.

Deleted Post Title>>> "Hellcat vs GT500 Stats...Check These Numbers Out" <<<Deleted Post Title

Makes Me Feel Like All The Time Effort And Work I Did Was For Nothing...:fm:

I Am Happy With My GT500 Just Wish My Thread Was Still Up...:(

Last edited:

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
The sad part is the hellkitty was made using our tax dollars thanks to the bailout they got!

kierrea35

Established Member
I am going to chock up the Hellcat as a mythical beast until I actually see one on the street. The only ZL1s and 2013/14 GT500's I have seen were on the internet, television or dealer showrooms, I have never seen any of them on the street except my 2013. As far as I know, my 2013 may be an hallucination and only exist in my mind.

I don't know, I did see a leprechaun riding a unicorn while chasing bigfoot about two days ago.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
My Shelby with me in it weighs 4160' I'm at 210 lbs
It's a track pack car
Back to my search for Yeti

paluka21

Established Member
HAHAHA LOL...:-D

Well this thread WILL GET DELETED pretty fast...:nono:

I posted a thread on this and it was 15 Pages / Plus 11,000 veiws but was Deleted.
"Hellcat vs GT500 Stats...Check These Numbers Out"
Lost All My Time Spent Posting Specs On Both Cars Plus Numbers For Them.

Put A Lot Of Time Into That Post With Pics, Vids, And FACTS But A Lot Of People Were Crying...:cryying:

The Hellcat is a nice car and my 2014 SHELBY GT500 is a nice car too (1 of 1 820A Silver No Options)

Also another thread was deleted that i put time into with pics and links to FACTS but that is GONE...

Just talk about the GT500 and you will be fine but talk about this Hellcat stuff can get you into.....:mj:

IIRC, the reason your post was probably deleted, was because there were a lot of off topic replies as well as bickering, something which would have classified it under the Smackdown forum.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
IIRC, the reason your post was probably deleted, was because there were a lot of off topic replies as well as bickering, something which would have classified it under the Smackdown forum.

You're on to me Paluka.

The Hellcat is indeed an interesting specimen. We all welcome tech filled posts with respect to the OP's curiosity about the relative weight/power of the GT500 and the Hellcat.

Please keep it clean and informative.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member

+1 Nailed it.

Mombo

Established Member
Gt500 stats

paluka21, If that was the case then i would have hoped it be moved to the Smackdown section...:??:

It's what the 2013/2014 GT500's will be doing on the streets when the Hellcats are out and about anyway...:-D

You're on to me Paluka.

The Hellcat is indeed an interesting specimen. We all welcome tech filled posts with respect to the OP's curiosity about the relative weight/power of the GT500 and the Hellcat.

Please keep it clean and informative.

Tob sorry if my post got off topic...:read:

I posted a lot of info for both GT500 and Hellcat so we could look at the numbers and compare them.

It was to show that the 2013/2014 SHELBY GT500 was indeed still on top in many ways and still not beat.

Spent hours of time copy / paste / links / pics / stats / videos / plus much more and it feels bad to loose it all.

But i guess if that's what you have to do to keep the peace then i have to agree with your decision...:coolman:

jbs$

Established Member
It will be interesting to see how the Hellcat, with proper tires, performs in the hands of actual owners. I am promised by my Dealer that I will have one of the first deliveries in late Sept. or early Oct.. At that point, I will write a comparison to my 13 GT500.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
It will be interesting to see how the Hellcat, with proper tires, performs in the hands of actual owners. I am promised by my Dealer that I will have one of the first deliveries in late Sept. or early Oct.. At that point, I will write a comparison to my 13 GT500.
Sweet! What color are you getting? I guess that's the time frame we should start seeing them at our local cruise ins then. I'd like to drive one just to see what's up.

paluka21

Established Member

That's a long wait when you're anticipating a new toy! What options did you get on the hellcat?

jbs$

Established Member
Options include; black hood, power sun roof, Luguna black leather interior, automatic, upgraded navigation, upgraded paint, upgraded tires. Everything else comes on the car. The out-the-door price comparison is almost the same as a loaded glass top

Users who are viewing this thread