Hellion or HP Performance for a 4V?

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
04Chris said:
I'm glad i found this thread. 32V GT looks like he's planning on doing something similar to what i want to do. I was thinking about the Hellion T76 for a few reasons. I like the Maximum Motorsports parts. I have a bunch already. I like having less piping under the hood. The piping from twins would make me have to take my brake cooling ducts off. I like to auto-x and opentrack the car. That's what it's set up for now. I would like to make more power and the turbo is a really good way to do it, especially since i've been having some belt issues at the opentrack events i've been to :fm: .

Cool. I figured I wasn't the only one!

:beer:

04Chris

Chicane straightner
Established Member
jdk said:
I'm not sure the power curve of a turbo cobra would be great for auto-x, just my opinion.

No, you're right. It isn't the ideal set-up for auto-x. I go to a few auto-x's per year and one or soon-to-be two opentrack meets per year. The rest of the time it's daily-driver street duty. The auto-x's are just some fun to hold me over until i can get to an opentrack event. The opentrack is where my car really shines. The turbo, motor work, fuel system upgrades, finished suspension, and the rest of the drivetrain upgrades should make my car a freak at the track :rockon: A side benefit is that if i get "asked" on the street to see what my car can do, the turbo will answer with authority :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread