~Hellion Twin Turbo Install on my 2013 GT/CS~

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Had one in my dsm. You turn it one full rotation and check how much it gained. Once you know it's just remembering how many turns you need for the desired boost.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
That is great! Congrats on the build (so far)!

E
Thanks. :beer:

Looks good! That crossover tube looks kind of tight. General rule of thumb is to take the length from A to B and add 5-8% for slack from vibration, heat, etc. But you obviously know what you're doing! Props to you my man.
Yeah, the picture makes it look tighter than it is. But there is no movement on this line or the rails. Thanks.

I had time this morning to re-read the entire thread and the detail in this is amazing. I can only imagine how many times this thread will be referenced by 5.0 owners working on their own hellion TT upgrade....or, even just owners that are working with other power adders and just want to follow your fuel system modifications. First rate stuff as always, Kevin:thumbsup:

Question on the manual boost controller and how you know what boost level is set...I see the knob on top of the controller, and a "plus" and "minus" on each side...but how do you know exactly what boost level you are going to get? Is there more psi increment notches on top on the controller not obvious in this pic? Thx man
I actually re-plumbed the vacuum hoses for the controller so they each had equal length to the wastegates. To adjust you just screw the controller one way or the other. It provides more/less pressure on the top of the wastegate to control how much boost you want to see.

Absolutely amazing install!
Thanks.

You can only guess....then test in the street looking at the boost gauge.
Pretty much.

Oh ok....click the minus enough times initially to make sure you are low...then trial road test and click up until you hit the desired level.
Yep. :thumbsup:

Had one in my dsm. You turn it one full rotation and check how much it gained. Once you know it's just remembering how many turns you need for the desired boost.
It is only getting one setting with the stock motor, so I don't have to remember much. LOL

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Figured I would get a better start up video for you.

This is with my base tune that I created.

[youtube_browser]UbTmpC_g0lQ[/youtube_browser]

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Should look at getting an EBC OP, they make tuning and dicking around with boost much easier.

Lol I think Kevin knows what an EBC is. For some reason he is choosing not to use one. Looks like he is setting it to one setting and leaving it there.

IMO an EBC is the better option though. An EBC is going to keep boost constant in all ambient air temps. It will adjust the wastegate duty to hit the boost target programmed in the controller. If you set a manual controller to 15 psi in 90 degree weather it will overboost to 17 psi or so in 60 degree weather. EBCs generally have less boost spike on spool up too.

Good work on the install Kevin! The attention to detail is excellent. :beer:

Last edited:

O4COBRA

Established Member
Congrats Kevin! Incredible job as always.

Quick question on the fuel hose you used. I might have missed it, but what brand is it? And how flexible is it? Are you running this type of hose from the tank all the way to the engine bay, no hard lines? I want to redo the hose on our 55 Chevy and I'm curious about the hose you used.

Also on the Peterson tank. I've been looking into running it as a breather tank on our small block 427 we're waiting to put it in. Do you know if I can use it to run a breather hose from each valve cover to the Peterson tank like you have?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Nice work brother!!!
Thanks Ron! :beer:

Awesome to see this car running. Can't wait to see it fully tuned!
Me too. Hopefully it will be tuned shortly. Just wish it wasn't 106* outside!

Very cool :) Can't wait to see her in person.
Thanks Chris. :beer:

Should look at getting an EBC OP, they make tuning and dicking around with boost much easier.
With the stock motor, I really can't turn the boost up so a boost controller is kind of pointless at this time.

Lol I think Kevin knows what an EBC is. For some reason he is choosing not to use one. Looks like he is setting it to one setting and leaving it there.

IMO an EBC is the better option though. An EBC is going to keep boost constant in all ambient air temps. It will adjust the wastegate duty to hit the boost target programmed in the controller. If you set a manual controller to 15 psi in 90 degree weather it will overboost to 17 psi or so in 60 degree weather. EBCs generally have less boost spike on spool up too.

Good work on the install Kevin! The attention to detail is excellent. :beer:
Thank you. I do plan on getting an E-Boost2 when I swap the motor for an Aluminator next year. Then I will do the Circle D converter and stage 2 clutch packs and let it fly! :burnout:

Congrats Kevin! Incredible job as always.

Quick question on the fuel hose you used. I might have missed it, but what brand is it? And how flexible is it? Are you running this type of hose from the tank all the way to the engine bay, no hard lines? I want to redo the hose on our 55 Chevy and I'm curious about the hose you used.

Also on the Peterson tank. I've been looking into running it as a breather tank on our small block 427 we're waiting to put it in. Do you know if I can use it to run a breather hose from each valve cover to the Peterson tank like you have?

Thanks in advance!
Kyle. The fuel line is from Fore Innovations. It is their PTFE hose. It is very flexible and very easy to assemble. I was actually shocked how easy the fittings are to assemble. I used all this hose front to back. No hard lines at all.

For the catch can, it works like most others except the inner baffling and filter is different. It is also larger than most catch cans so it will hold more. There is no reason why it shouldn't work on your 427.

Wow that looks and sounds amazing, very nice.
Thank you. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread