~Hellion Twin Turbo Install on my 2013 GT/CS~

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
OK. I got a little wiring done.

Mounted the 100 AMP inline fuse holder near the battery for safety and ease of accessibility.
9044460507_c4f354d7dd_o.jpg

I found a good use for the old "Sound Tube" hole in the firewall. I got a grommet from the auto parts store and ran the power wire and the Hobbs Switch wire through it to the back.
9046684870_199331eeee_o.jpg

Once into the trunk, I found a suitable and accessible location to mount the FC3 Controller. I routed all the wires along with the factory routings.
9046684906_96713b8a80_o.jpg

Here you can see how the controller is wired. I still have to run the triggers and hook up the ground last. Since I am only running 2 pumps, I left "pump 3" unhooked.
9044460537_2865df400f_o.jpg

TRBO VNM

Wait a minute Kevin...please tell me you didn't mount that on the outside of the trunk panel and that you are putting it underneath it....:poke:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Wait a minute Kevin...please tell me you didn't mount that on the outside of the trunk panel and that you are putting it underneath it....:poke:
Yes Jason. I recently had to get to a friends controller to check the fuses and it was a bitch to pull the panel, find it, and unscrew the housing. Fuses should never be hard to access. It must be from my stereo competition days. "Fuses must be accessible at all times". I sure don't want to be searching for fuses on the side of the road somewhere if need be.

Also, I wanted to make sure it had the proper air flow around it so it didn't get too hot either.

He's wiring in a cloaking device to the pump 3 circuit so you'll never see those wires. Just wait...you'll see (or maybe you won't) :-D
:smmon::p:-D:dancenana:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Kevin, not to distract, but what ever happened to your Cobra? I think it was bought and sold twice...?
Subbin...
A good friend dpotter bought it from me but never drove it. It was only to hold it for me to see if I wanted to buy It back after I got laid off. It was still sitting in my garage for a couple months and I told him to go ahead and let it go. c6zhombre ended up buying the car from dpotter and still owns it today.

Haven't heard what the blow off valves sound like on this kit, any idea?
From what I have heard, they are very subtle like Unleashed mentioned.

Very subtle at lower boost levels. In the videos I have heard/seen, almost non-existent. Should make for interesting street encounters.

"What ya got done to your car man?"

"Nothing, it's all stock."

:-D
Ha Ha. :rockon::burnout:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Not to thread hi jack but have you looked at any of the other options available for them if you wanted it to sound like a single turbo supra or something?

v6procharged

Established Member
look forward to seeing this complete. would love to do this in the future. out of curiousity, what are you gonna do about water running down on the pipes from the hood vents?

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
That is a work of art!! Can u post a thread of your old cobra? Everyone talking about and after seeing this build I'm dying to see what that thing looked like.

D.T.R

Established Member
Dude, awesome car, awesome setup, awesome thread. Subscribed.
Thank you for making this thread, as I'm about to start on the same project. As soon as my 14' gets here, I'll have the twins here and I'm going to pretty much go through all this so this thread is pretty helpful to me. Also, i'm planning on pulling the motor so it might be easier to do some of the things... I will only pull the motor because I am building it. I was thinking of going with the same fuel system, except I will go with the tripple pumps and just call it a day. Thanks for the thread, i'm sure I will be bugging you with questions shortly lol.
Oh i forgot to ask, since you had the oil pan out... how come you chose to use those fittings for oil drain lines, as opposed to having some bungs welded?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Not to thread hi jack but have you looked at any of the other options available for them if you wanted it to sound like a single turbo supra or something?
No I have not. It really doesn't matter to me much. However they sound will be fine with me.

look forward to seeing this complete. would love to do this in the future. out of curiousity, what are you gonna do about water running down on the pipes from the hood vents?
I have never driven my car in the rain, nor do I use water for washing it. So I don't plan on doing anything.

Im jelly! great pics
Thank you.

Yup, I'm jealous :uh oh:

Very nice Kevin :rockon:
Thanks. :beer:

That is a work of art!! Can u post a thread of your old cobra? Everyone talking about and after seeing this build I'm dying to see what that thing looked like.
Here is when I sold my old Cobra. It shows some pictures and a little bit about it. FS: 2004 Torch Red Whipple True Forged Cobra - SVTPerformance

Dude, awesome car, awesome setup, awesome thread. Subscribed.
Thank you for making this thread, as I'm about to start on the same project. As soon as my 14' gets here, I'll have the twins here and I'm going to pretty much go through all this so this thread is pretty helpful to me. Also, i'm planning on pulling the motor so it might be easier to do some of the things... I will only pull the motor because I am building it. I was thinking of going with the same fuel system, except I will go with the tripple pumps and just call it a day. Thanks for the thread, i'm sure I will be bugging you with questions shortly lol.
Oh i forgot to ask, since you had the oil pan out... how come you chose to use those fittings for oil drain lines, as opposed to having some bungs welded?
Edit: The bulkhead fittings came loose over timer and did not work. I ended up getting steel fittings and pulling the pan again and having them TIG welded inside and out. They have been great since. 11/12/19

I think that 930 LPH of fuel should be enough for over 1000 RWHP on E85, so I decided it would be enough fuel. As it is, I didn't want a 3rd pump heating my fuel up. I am going to run a Hobbs Switch on one pump as it is already, in an effort to keep the fuel cooler. A single 465 puts out more fuel than the factory pump by itself.

Eidt: The fuel system proved to be plenty as I made 1,016 RWHP 12/2018 no problem.

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator

Users who are viewing this thread