Hellion twin turbo kit!!

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Your going to love it! I promise you! If you have any questions, please feel free to call anytime. I can help you out as well.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Thanks Steve I can't wait!! I'm going to start tearing my car down in the next couple days haha.

Bucket I talked to Chris he said that basically any oil is fine. Ill be running motorcraft 5w-20. For a little more safety ill be throwing in some 1 step colder spark plugs also.

BUCKET

Established Member
TR6s. I have a TVS blower in my trailblazer and I'm running colder plugs in it as well. In boss it's 5w50... May just run that.

Thanks for info. I'm trying to find some way to weigh the car around me to do a before/after install.

The wait is killing me as well, wanting to start tearing into it as well. I feel your pain!

Last edited:

KidMoney

Established Member
Sounds like you guys have way more money than me! Lol. Excited to hear some track times on this setup as well as deliverability. Good luck guys.

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Bucket I talked to Chris he said that basically any oil is fine. Ill be running motorcraft 5w-20.[/QUOTE]

5w-20=:xpl:Especially Motorcraft.. Run Amsoil signature series 5w-30 or 0w-30. 5w-20 is all politics so ford can meet government CAFE standards.
:beer:

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Bucket I talked to Chris he said that basically any oil is fine. Ill be running motorcraft 5w-20.

5w-20=:xpl:Especially Motorcraft.. Run Amsoil signature series 5w-30 or 0w-30. 5w-20 is all politics so ford can meet government CAFE standards.
:beer:[/QUOTE]

Ok I'm just going off of what Chris told me and he says he runs motorcraft so idk

03dsgdreams

Established Member
:beer:

Ok I'm just going off of what Chris told me and he says he runs motorcraft so idk[/QUOTE]

Just trying to give some friendly advice. Check out the greasy spoon section of the forum, you will learn a lot about motor oil. Start a thread and ask which is the best oil to run in a twin turbo 5.0. Unleashed beast and jimmy sidecar will inform you of what's best. Sid runs Royal purple HPS 5w-30 in the supercharged svtp 2012 Mustang gt.

steveiguess

SteveIGuess Bitches
Established Member
Will the oil make that much of a difference? lol

Quite jealous of the TT stang. I wish I could play right now. At least you live 5 minutes away. Let me know when you are putting it in and ill stop by homie.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Just trying to give some friendly advice. Check out the greasy spoon section of the forum, you will learn a lot about motor oil. Start a thread and ask which is the best oil to run in a twin turbo 5.0. Unleashed beast and jimmy sidecar will inform you of what's best. Sid runs Royal purple HPS 5w-30 in the supercharged svtp 2012 Mustang gt.

Ive learned some interesting stuff talking to unleashedbeast. Im running Amsoil 0-30 in my Roush TVS car.

corepwn

Established Member
How are you still alive Steve?!?

th_Dumbasssteve.gif

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Ok quick update. I got my whole car torn down and ready for the kit. Pulled off LT's headers and x pipe, CAI And front bumper. Installed 1 step colder plugs. I did this yesterday. My LT's and x pipe are for sale in the market if any off you are interested. I'm thinking with already having my exhaust off and all that I've done I knocked a good 3 hours or so off the install.

Anyways I got my tracking info this morning and its saying the turbo kit itself from hellion should be here Thursday next week. Hellion told me that the BOV and waste gates are drop shipping from turbosmart and turbos are drop shipping from precision. Im waiting on tracking numbers for those two places. So everything in some way or another should be here by Friday. Install will be started next Saturday and hopefully finished up on Sunday.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
That's my plan. I'm one usually to not take the time to take pics while I'm working but ill do my best since a good amount of you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread