Hellion twin turbo kit!!

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
If you were closer man, I would stop by and help

I wish you could to man! I wouldnt mind having one of the installers from a shop that's done these kits before. But I'm destine to show all the followers of this thread that a skilled do it yourself guy like me can do this kit in the garage.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I wish you could to man! I wouldnt mind having one of the installers from a shop that's done these kits before. But I'm destine to show all the followers of this thread that a skilled do it yourself guy like me can do this kit in the garage.

Then I'de bring the beer. LOL

But on a serious note that is awesome and I like to see people tackle projects like this themselves.

BUCKET

Established Member
My kit was ordered from hellion on 9/25. I just got my turbos Saturday, still waiting on exhaust from Bassani. To answer your question earlier, seems no more MAF hole in upper pipe near TB.

D.T.R

Established Member
Steve@BBR or anyone that knows for that matter...
While I do love the power that the twin 62s make... would it be possible to get 60s instead of 62s if one was interested? I'm wondering how laggy the 62s are and how much better 60s would be ? At what RPMs are the 62s seeing full boost?
i'm even considering twin PT5862s ... i bet the spool would be insane while still able to make over 1000whp.

Last edited:

BUCKET

Established Member
Also something else, either need a k&n filter or catch can for crank case venting. Instructions say over 8 psi go with catch can. The small filter shown in the instructions I cannot find in my stuff nor is it on the check list of parts.

I am going catch can, Steve got any good recommendations on one for this setup

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
My kit was ordered from hellion on 9/25. I just got my turbos Saturday, still waiting on exhaust from Bassani. To answer your question earlier, seems no more MAF hole in upper pipe near TB.

Yeah I called Chris on that he said it was an early design run to see where they wanted to place the maf. They chose the intercooler.

Steve@BBR or anyone that knows for that matter...
While I do love the power that the twin 62s make... would it be possible to get 60s instead of 62s if one was interested? I'm wondering how laggy the 62s are and how much better 60s would be ? At what RPMs are the 62s seeing full boost?
i'm even considering twin PT5862s ... i bet the spool would be insane while still able to make over 1000whp.

I'm assuming even with 62's you will see boost pretty quick since we're talking pretty low boost. 5 psi is the base kit setting.

Also something else, either need a k&n filter or catch can for crank case venting. Instructions say over 8 psi go with catch can. The small filter shown in the instructions I cannot find in my stuff nor is it on the check list of parts.

I am going catch can, Steve got any good recommendations on one for this setup

Yeah I'm in that situation myself after reading the directions. I'm going to call hellion myself to see what they say.

^ Can't you run the JLT catch cans?

No you can't. You will pressurize your crank case since they are hooked to the intake manifold.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
Yeah I called Chris on that he said it was an early design run to see where they wanted to place the maf. They chose the intercooler.

I'm assuming even with 62's you will see boost pretty quick since we're talking pretty low boost. 5 psi is the base kit setting.

Yeah I'm in that situation myself after reading the directions. I'm going to call hellion myself to see what they say.

No you can't. You will pressurize your crank case since they are hooked to the intake manifold.

What RPM exactly is people seeing full boost at, with the 62s?
And in reference to the catch can, I'd honestly just run a hose and let it vent freely under the car.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
What RPM exactly is people seeing full boost at, with the 62s?
And in reference to the catch can, I'd honestly just run a hose and let it vent freely under the car.

I'm not exactly sure but I bet it's around 4k

Yeah that a possibility also. Just that the passenger side PCV is notorious for a good amount of oil. Like was said earlier under 8 psi they want you to run a line from the pcv to the front of the filter but eventually isn't that going to put a good amount of oil right in the turbo then blown through the IC piping

D.T.R

Established Member
I'm not exactly sure but I bet it's around 4k

Yeah that a possibility also. Just that the passenger side PCV is notorious for a good amount of oil. Like was said earlier under 8 psi they want you to run a line from the pcv to the front of the filter but eventually isn't that going to put a good amount of oil right in the turbo then blown through the IC piping

I personally would never dump that oily hot air back into the intake... or into the turbo's filter for that matter; and i don't care for catch cans either... so I will have mine dumping under the car.

If the 62s spool above 4500rpms I'm going to downsize the turbos... since this is not a honda revving to 10k ... and I want more rpms at full boost.

Last edited:

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
I personally would never dump that oil back into the intake... or into the turbo's filter for that matter; and i don't care for catch cans either... so I will have mine dumping under the car.

If the 62s spool above 4500rpms I'm going to downsize the turbos... since this is not a honda revving to 10k ... and I want more rpms at full boost.

Yeah that's not a bad idea. Ill probably just do that for the time being and I don't want to drill holes in my filters and then change it later on.

Yeah hellion said they spec'd these turbo's perfect for the coyote motor so we will see I guess.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I had a huge response and it wouldn't load so it was all deleted.... OH well

TO answer the questions:

The catch can, I HIGHLY recommend using any type of breather. On the BOSS we did, we just put K&N breather's on the valve cover. Others, we have put breather style catch cans on it. On my car, I have the UPR one but i kept one side open. I would not recycle anything though.

With the turbo size, The 62s that were picked are dead-on nuts for this kit. Hellion is using a Precision slim cut turbo for fitment reasons. These turbo;s also spool at 2500-2700rpms. Put it this way, this kit on 6psi comes alive faster and stronger then my 17psi single kit. It's amazing how quick this kit spools.

RFM50

Established Member
Just like Steve said, make your life simple and just get breather filters for the top of the Pcv valves. I would also run the gt500 Pcv valves. I replaced the passanger side on my car with the gt500 Pcv valve and that breather is completely clean and the drivers side is turning black from the oil. I plan on ordering another one for the drivers side.

Users who are viewing this thread