Hello From SE Michigan!

MCDEV

Established Member
I just wanted to take a moment to say hello to everyone. I have been reading this forum for a very LONG time as it is filled with some of the very best and most comprehensive write ups I have ever seen on the web.

I have wanted a 2013/14 Shelby GT 500 ever since I first saw one, unfortunatley that was exactly 1 day after I purchased a 2011 SS Camaro :cuss: :xpl:

Well yesterday after over a year of trying to work out a deal and making extra payments to get out of that car the dream finally came true and I drove my 2013 Shelby GT500 coupe back home from Chicago! :rockon:

For those interested the car is black w/red stripes and equipped with the 821A Package, Track Pack, Electronics Package, and Recaro Seats and I am absolutely in love with it! I am speechless about the fact that I FINALLY own it. I will try to take some photos today and upload them later on when I have a chance but right now Im going to go enjoy this car. Thanks again to everyone who actively participates here for all of the amazing information.

Here is a link to a couple of photos I snapped tonight

Last edited:

Ky GT500

Established Member
Welcome!!! Glad you escaped the dark side! :dw:

Post pics when you can,,,without pics, it never happened.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Welcome. I'm not too far from you in the Monroe MI area. I have a black 2014 as well, though I WISH mine had the red stripes instead of black!! Jealous.

cdh027

Established Member
I drove my 2013 Shelby GT500 coupe back home from Chicago! :rockon:

For those interested the car is black w/red stripes and equipped with the 821A Package, Track Pack, Electronics Package, and Recaro Seats.

Was this the one at Autoshowcase?

MCDEV

Established Member
Hey thanks everyone! The wife and I have been driving around enjoying this car all day. I cant wait for this damn weather to warm up a bit tho, its pretty sketchy with temps hovering around freezing and I am praying it does not snow anymore this year. I'm really looking forward to taking this car to the track. We have never done anything like that before but with Waterford Hills Road Racing practically within walking distance I am really excited to give it a try. Really want to try some drag racing this summer too, maybe at Milan. Maybe someone local can give a noob some pointers.

Welcome!!! Glad you escaped the dark side! :dw:

Post pics when you can,,,without pics, it never happened.
Hello back from cape cod. I can't see the Pics.

Pics Here

Welcome & good luck with the new ride...............good color choice !

Thanks, this was the only color choice for me. Thats a bad ass set of cars you got yourself! :beer:

Was this the one at Autoshowcase?

Yes it was, I was in contact with many different dealers all over the country and they made us the best deal with the trades and sale price. They were the easiest dealer I have ever worked with and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to make a purchase. :thumbsup:

ZR1 E8R

Established Member
Welcome= I'm farther south down in Plymouth, Take it to the Kiwanis show at MIS this year since its the last time for this show & they let you drive on the track.

cdh027

Established Member
Yes it was, I was in contact with many different dealers all over the country and they made us the best deal with the trades and sale price. They were the easiest dealer I have ever worked with and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to make a purchase. :thumbsup:

I know, Thats were I bought my 2013 DIB. Your car was there when I traded my 03 Cobra in. :beer:

2010 Red&white

Established Member
Welcome to the "gang" !! You are going to love that GT500 more and more as you mod and drive it. I am on the East side of town near 21 mile & I-94. I hope to see you at a cruise or car show this summer.

MCDEV

Established Member
Welcome= I'm farther south down in Plymouth, Take it to the Kiwanis show at MIS this year since its the last time for this show & they let you drive on the track.

Hey thanks for the tip, that sounds awesome. Is THIS the event you were talking about?

Welcome to the "gang" !! You are going to love that GT500 more and more as you mod and drive it. I am on the East side of town near 21 mile & I-94. I hope to see you at a cruise or car show this summer.

I will be at the Woodward Dream Cruise. I usually get a spot at the Roush area in Pasquales parking lot next to Dugan's Irish Pub. I need to start looking into what other events to check out this summer, maybe some Ford/Mustang specific events. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread