Hello there! New 03 Cobra owner!

jeffsavage

Established Member
Yep, just traded in the 2002 Black Lightning on Saturday and picked up my new Silver 2003 Cobra. I should have bought this car last year when I bought the L... I was waffling back and forth then. I already love this car! All the money I spend on the L making it fast, this baby is just as fast stock. I love having the manual transmission again... and this weekend it was nice having a trunk and backseats again when my girlfriend and her 2 year old daughter did a bunch of travelling around. The best part for me is popping the hood and looking at that gorgeous engine... what a work of art.

I am looking forward to reading this board and learning all about the Cobra. I am just so stoked to finally have one of these bad boys in my garage.

:beer:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Welcome to the board. I recognize your name from F150online. Goodluck with the Cobra. I love mine! These cars are amazing. -Mat-

Orange Poison

Established Member
Jeff...congrats!

I know what you mean...I love popping the hood for people and then seeing the look on their faces.

I8ACMRO

Established Member
Hey Jeff, I recognize your name from the f-150 forum too. I totally agree with on the Cobra. There are a lot of people making the Lightning- Cobra transition. Welcome abroad!!

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Welcome. You came to the right place if you want to learn everything you can about these cars. The guys on here are great and very helpful..........Now get to moddin.'

SStupid

Established Member
Welcome

Welcome new owner! On this board we have those on the warranty-friendly side and those on The Dark Side. Which will you be?

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Willkommen! Dábro pazhálovatch'! Karibu! Bienvenido! Swaagatam! Merhaba! Ni hao! Welcome!

ssssnake

Established Member
Welcome to your new home away from home. You'll probably be spending a lot of time here (when you're not out with your Cobra).:)

MadNesss

Established Member
Originally posted by I8ACMRO
Hey Jeff, I recognize your name from the f-150 forum too. I totally agree with on the Cobra. There are a lot of people making the Lightning- Cobra transition. Welcome abroad!!

Transition? why do that? Do like me and buy the cobra as well ;)

jeffsavage

Established Member
Thanks for the greetings! I love the car already. I did have one goofy thing already. Had 6 cd's loaded and stereo was working fine. Then I turned car off and when I drove it again, tried to play a cd but stereo told me there was no cd's loaded! I ended up yanking the circuit breaker for a few seconds and that reset it I guess!
Already noticed a slight ticking from the driver's side when the hood is open. Can't hear it from in the car though, so no worries there?
Noticed some people also complaining about this car getting dirty easy. That's why I bought Silver! But yes, the rear deck by the trunk gets dirty almost instantly. Must be some kind of vortex created back there that sucks in dirt.
Overall, I love this compared to the Lightning. I am almost used to the clutch and shifter.

Users who are viewing this thread