Help an old man download music

cj428mach

Established Member
I'm getting close the big 40 and haven't downloaded music since my girlfriend in college got sued for sharing music on Kazaa or whatever it was called. Well the time has come to download some music as I bought my 4.5yr old daughter a $26 Frozen smart watch at Walmart that allows you to load music on to it. It looks like from the directions you need to download songs onto your computer and then load them onto the watch via an included usb cable.

Where do I download songs? can you get them for free anymore? If not where the hell do I go to do it? I have no idea how much memory her watch has but I'll probably want to load a dozen or so songs on there if it'll take it.

Thanks guys.

ram150

USMC veteran
Established Member
The future is now old man :ROFLMAO: just kidding but seriously I don’t download music anymore but when I did It was from iTunes.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if you have amazon prime I believe you get some music for free and can also pay for songs to download. Those you can actually save to your computer, I would imagine they can then be transferred to that watch.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
You can just load any CDs on your computer and then transfer them to the watch. That is assuming you have CDs still.
I have always used Pirate Bay. But I use a "burner" laptop that I replace every couple of years and a random I.P. address.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This thread took me back a few decades. LOL. I once regularly downloaded MP3s but haven't done it in well over 10 years. I use Pandora for my music listening needs. Or I go to YouTube and search for the songs I want to hear. I do understand, though, what you're looking to do so that your daughter can listen to her own music through her smart watch.

She's going to use ear phones, correct?

cj428mach

Established Member
I am aware what MP3's are as I mentioned I lived in the glory days of free music sharing, where every computer had napster on it. I'm just not sure where everyone gets it now. I can't imagine people that have GB's upon GB's of music are paying a couple bucks a song for every one of them. I did have a very early ipod back in the day and used itunes but I thought that was proprietary stuff and the files were only loadable onto apple devices.

I'll have to look and see if the watch has a head phone jack or some bluetooth to work with head phones. My daughter is my little princess and we listen to what she wants to anyways. In the car she holds my phone and youtubes whatever songs she wants to play on the car via bluetooth. I'm lucky though she listens to regular music, not barney songs or anything.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I can't imagine people that have GB's upon GB's of music are paying a couple bucks a song for every one of them

most of us just pay a monthly amount for streaming. I pay apple music $12 a month and as long as I pay every month you can download the songs to play offline. There are supposedly some utilities that you can strip all the DRM stuff out before cancelling to keep all the stuff you've downloaded. You're stuck using itunes for everything until you do that though.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I'm lucky though she listens to regular music, not barney songs or anything.
Too Funny Mike.

When your kids control the radio.............
Barney.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
most of us just pay a monthly amount for streaming. I pay apple music $12 a month and as long as I pay every month you can download the songs to play offline. There are supposedly some utilities that you can strip all the DRM stuff out before cancelling to keep all the stuff you've downloaded. You're stuck using itunes for everything until you do that though.

Yep, I do this with Spotify. Pretty cool. No commercials and I can practically get any song I want. Makes for awesome playlists when I'm working on the car or driving across country....

cj428mach

Established Member
Too Funny Mike.

When your kids control the radio.............
View attachment 1758488

It has its pro's and con's Glenn. If you're actually concerned about what your small child hears you find out a lot of songs have some inappropriate language and themes for your kid lol. Many songs I've heard but never bothered to pay attention to exactly what they're saying but my daughter will often ask me "what are they talking about dad?" This has caused me to really focus on the lyrics and themes of some of these songs. Sometimes it requires some good footwork to tip toe around some of the subjects when explaining it to her.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
I downloaded entire discographies until a couple years ago once they shut down BtJunkies and the like. Still several sites up and running but unless your daughter likes metal I can’t help…but they are still out there.

Users who are viewing this thread