HELP bad night last night

spartansnake

gamao kotes
Established Member
So three way cobra race was looking good for me. Then top of fourth gear car felt like it hit a fuel cutt and shut off. People behind me said my car blew a 5ft flame out of both pipes and made a loud pop.
Pulled over and everything under hood looked fine, no vacuum lines off or anything like that. Car would start and sounded like it was firing on all cylinders but would idle ruff and eventually shut off. Car would also blow lotsa smoke looked like it was running really rich. So i hooked up my sct tuner since i had a check engine light and code read p1048 fuel sending error?> I tried clearing that code but that didnt do anything.
Anybody know what went wrong? did i break something bad, what to do to fix this problem, please help me.
Thanks in advance.

wlg101190

Established Member
Maybe you broke the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor, common thing to happen. I believe it is like $60? If you want to make sure, unplug the vacuum hose and see if it reeks of gas, or drips gas out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep, based on what you posted it sounds like the FRPS. Let us know how you make out.

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Sounds like an FRPS to me as well.

Contact Steve at Tousley Ford to get a good price on a new one. Also, if that turns out to be the issue, contact Kenne Bell for their FRPS disc that will prevent it from happening again.

Users who are viewing this thread