help diagnose problem -2013 GT

ViciousJay

Established Member
Do your cars do this at any particular time? I have close to the same issue, but it's only after a completely cold start, when first driving and the engine hasn't reached a closer to full operating temperature yet. It will hesitate slightly unless I give it some gas, but once the temp climbs to about the 1/4 mark on the gauge it's fine.

i have this but when cold the car just feels a bit under powered and i if i hammer it it feels like it bog, also i had it one day when i was merging into traffic i down shifted and the car totally did nothing! i was lIKE WTF!!!!!! also i can watch my tach like this morning bounce between 800 and 500 rpms... wasnt happy

also been watching the a/f and its been running a bit rich even at idle it dips into the 12-13 a/f range

Last edited:

Nocturnal5.0

Captain Go-Fast
Established Member
i have this but when cold the car just feels a bit under powered and i if i hammer it it feels like it bog, also i had it one day when i was merging into traffic i down shifted and the car totally did nothing! i was lIKE WTF!!!!!! also i can watch my tach like this morning bounce between 800 and 500 rpms... wasnt happy

also been watching the a/f and its been running a bit rich even at idle it dips into the 12-13 a/f range

Thats very strange, haven't heard that one before. My friend just purchased a '13 5.0 not long ago and he has the same hesitation when cold, but it goes away for him as well when the car reaches normal operating temps. How many miles does your car have on it Vicious?

ViciousJay

Established Member
Thats very strange, haven't heard that one before. My friend just purchased a '13 5.0 not long ago and he has the same hesitation when cold, but it goes away for him as well when the car reaches normal operating temps. How many miles does your car have on it Vicious?

3500 or less

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
See if ford can update your computer that may help. As for the 2011 ford had a tsb for a reflash

ViciousJay

Established Member
i think it goes further then a reflash, if its happening on '13's too then it has to revolve around a mechanical issue

01turbowolf

ford tech
Established Member
mines not doing it at the moment but i do have a stack of about 20 etb's ive replaced in the last 2 months, so i wouldn't doubt it. the lower end of the tp range will get real erratic usually, losing the plates actual position. def datalog the tp from closed to open see if you get a skip

5ohpowa

Established Member
Mine jerks and kind of does weird shit when its a cold start. Once it warms up i have no issues

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
Mine happens cold. I now have a hesitation pushing on the pedal. Almost like there is slack in the throttle cable. ( I know there isn't the traditional cable, but that is what it feels like.)

Nuar

Established Member
Guys, do you let the car idle down on its own every time you start the car? Give it 30 seconds of not touching the throttle at all.
If i attempt to play with the throttle or try driving right away, the car bogs and stutters.
They need to wind down on their own after starting the engine.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Guys, do you let the car idle down on its own every time you start the car? Give it 30 seconds of not touching the throttle at all.
If i attempt to play with the throttle or try driving right away, the car bogs and stutters.
They need to wind down on their own after starting the engine.

i let my car idle for about 2 minutes minimum, cuz ill start it and go back inside and pinch a quick loaf or take a leak before i hit the road

cbaty08

Established Member
I've reproduced this bucking sensation with my 2011 with a FSE in the car.

Don't worry, he said it was normal!!! :dw:

ViciousJay

Established Member
I'll be honest, the bucking is the least of my worries after 3 tannys and an engine..

I was one of the unfortunate ones and have a lemon.:(

Thanks for the help though!

i would have them buy it back o r give you a BOSS in place of it for the prioce that you paid for the GT

cbaty08

Established Member
i would have them buy it back o r give you a BOSS in place of it for the prioce that you paid for the GT

Right? I have a 2010 that I bought before this 2011, and it has no issues; I've also been raised in a Ford family, driving in Fords my whole life.

All of this means nothing to Ford Mo. Co., as they've shot down my request for a replacement/buy-back. I've even gone to the BBB, but they are no help at all.

My Lawyer seems to be pretty confident; wish us luck!;-)

And not that it matters to Ford, but to put things into perspective, due to the troubles I've had with Ford thus far my entire family has also vowed to never give Ford our money again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread