Help me choose my next car...

_Snake_

Established Member
Yes. Audi of Hoffmann estates.

That’s right. Thanks for keeping me honest. I went back to your other thread after I posted and realized my mistake.

Which isn’t good for my wallet because I have every intention of talking to the service managers at my local dealerships.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That's probably not something I would say publicly.

You could get them in trouble if Audi decided to dig a bit deeper and potentially kiss that warranty good bye.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I agree with you. MS6 is still for sale. If I got an Audi I'd likely keep the Miata, but I'd ditch Jetta too. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up in a RWD car, though. It's in my blood! Wanted to test drive stuff tomorrow, but rain is going to ruin that.
Have you looked at the alpha Romeo guilia quadrofoglio?

Never_Enough

Established Member
So today I went to drive several cars.

First, it was a BMW M4. I wish the HUD was nicer & more involved. E60 M5 had a great HUD. The Logic 7 stereo was garbage. So, if there wasn't an option for better stereo from the factory, the M4 is out. Other than that, the car was a blast to drive.

Next, I was off to drive a '12 CTS-V & 2016 Camaro SS. Drove the Camaro & could not get into a comfy seating position no matter what. Also, don't like the vents down low. I drove it in comfort & track modes. Track mode made the car a huge rattle trap. So Camaro is out. If the ZL1 has the same seats, it's also out. Then I asked to drive the V & was told just took an out of state deposit on it. LOL yea right. Too lazy to pull from showroom.

Then I was off to check out an F-Type. Get there & car is not on the lot & no employees to be found. I was told via email right before I left that they had it. **** that place.

Next up was a Charger Scat Pack. Again, they know I'm coming. Oh, it was just sold. **** you too. So I walk over to the Dodge dealer to check out a Hellcat & they are super busy & am told someone will be with me. No one ever was. I walked out.

Now I'm off to see a 2016 S3 that I verified was there. ANother ******* dealer with "We just sold it" bs! Come on, this is not how you treat people. Stop lying about cars being available. GFY.

Then I checked out a '17 Mustang GT Convertible. Cooled seats! I hope what I get next has them. I love em. I liked it a lot more than the Camaro. I kept the top up. Shaker stereo seems good, but that has to be tested with top down to be sure. Didn't seem like Ford wanted to make it easy to select where you want your AC/heat air coming from. I enjoyed driving it. Tried it in track & sport & comfort or whatever it was. Rode nice in all 3. Exhaust note FTW in track mode. I would have to do something with all that silver trim around the vents along the dash. That needs to be Carbon fiber or something.

Finally, off to Audi to drive a 2016 S7 & a new S3. Not sure which I had more fun driving, the M4 or the S7. S7 wins on torque & interior I believe. I don't like how every manufacturer seems to be slapping these app/nav screens in the middle of th dash with no way to retract or move it. Audi screens go into the dash. Point for Audi! The S3 was super fun to toss around and the exhaust note in dynamic mode was bitchin'. I'm also loving the auto rev matching these new cars have. Obviously, the S7 wins on interior vs S3, but I feel the S3 interior is way too cheap for what you're paying. Bland & desolate dash looks like the cheap plastic dash in my Jetta. Put the S7 interior in the S3 & you have a winner. :D I believe the S3 is FWD based AWD, though. Bleh... I didn't get a chance to see if the stereo is any good. I"m going to have to look up specs on the other S cars to see how they compare performance wise. Might save me some money. ;)

Still need to drive a C7 Vette again & Hellcat again. Once I drive them, I'll know if I'm still in big HP half the year toy mode or time for a really nice fast DD like the S7.

Also, new cars are too damn big & you know you're in a land yacht while driving one! Ugh...

Attachments

• 20180526_112004.jpg
    20180526_112004.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 93
  • 20180526_152615.jpg
    20180526_152615.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 116

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
How about the Audi RS3, or is that out of the price range? Such a nasty car.
Have I mentioned the C7Z07 yet?? lol

Never_Enough

Established Member
How about the Audi RS3, or is that out of the price range? Such a nasty car.
Have I mentioned the C7Z07 yet?? lol
LOL Trying to drive a C7 again Monday. RS3 has same interior as S3, no? If yes, probably not a go for me. Plus I don't think I can justify $60k for it.

Anyone know if the ZL1 has the same seats as the SS?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
LOL Trying to drive a C7 again Monday. RS3 has same interior as S3, no? If yes, probably not a go for me. Plus I don't think I can justify $60k for it.

Anyone know if the ZL1 has the same seats as the SS?
The RS3 is pretty pricey, but imagine that car with an APR tune?!? lol
I think seats in the ZL1 are way nicer than the SS seats. Pretty sure they're Recaros.

08mojo

Established Member
So today I went to drive several cars.

First, it was a BMW M4. I wish the HUD was nicer & more involved. E60 M5 had a great HUD. The Logic 7 stereo was garbage. So, if there wasn't an option for better stereo from the factory, the M4 is out. Other than that, the car was a blast to drive.

Next, I was off to drive a '12 CTS-V & 2016 Camaro SS. Drove the Camaro & could not get into a comfy seating position no matter what. Also, don't like the vents down low. I drove it in comfort & track modes. Track mode made the car a huge rattle trap. So Camaro is out. If the ZL1 has the same seats, it's also out. Then I asked to drive the V & was told just took an out of state deposit on it. LOL yea right. Too lazy to pull from showroom.

Then I was off to check out an F-Type. Get there & car is not on the lot & no employees to be found. I was told via email right before I left that they had it. **** that place.

Next up was a Charger Scat Pack. Again, they know I'm coming. Oh, it was just sold. **** you too. So I walk over to the Dodge dealer to check out a Hellcat & they are super busy & am told someone will be with me. No one ever was. I walked out.

Now I'm off to see a 2016 S3 that I verified was there. ANother ******* dealer with "We just sold it" bs! Come on, this is not how you treat people. Stop lying about cars being available. GFY.

Then I checked out a '17 Mustang GT Convertible. Cooled seats! I hope what I get next has them. I love em. I liked it a lot more than the Camaro. I kept the top up. Shaker stereo seems good, but that has to be tested with top down to be sure. Didn't seem like Ford wanted to make it easy to select where you want your AC/heat air coming from. I enjoyed driving it. Tried it in track & sport & comfort or whatever it was. Rode nice in all 3. Exhaust note FTW in track mode. I would have to do something with all that silver trim around the vents along the dash. That needs to be Carbon fiber or something.

Finally, off to Audi to drive a 2016 S7 & a new S3. Not sure which I had more fun driving, the M4 or the S7. S7 wins on torque & interior I believe. I don't like how every manufacturer seems to be slapping these app/nav screens in the middle of th dash with no way to retract or move it. Audi screens go into the dash. Point for Audi! The S3 was super fun to toss around and the exhaust note in dynamic mode was bitchin'. I'm also loving the auto rev matching these new cars have. Obviously, the S7 wins on interior vs S3, but I feel the S3 interior is way too cheap for what you're paying. Bland & desolate dash looks like the cheap plastic dash in my Jetta. Put the S7 interior in the S3 & you have a winner. :D I believe the S3 is FWD based AWD, though. Bleh... I didn't get a chance to see if the stereo is any good. I"m going to have to look up specs on the other S cars to see how they compare performance wise. Might save me some money. ;)

Still need to drive a C7 Vette again & Hellcat again. Once I drive them, I'll know if I'm still in big HP half the year toy mode or time for a really nice fast DD like the S7.

Also, new cars are too damn big & you know you're in a land yacht while driving one! Ugh...

The m3/m4 stereo is way better than the shaker in the mustangs. Did you mess with the EQ at all? Best factory stereo I've ever had was hands down the jeep srt.

Was the mustang a 17 or 18? Exhaust doesn't change with sport mode ebefore 18.

Never_Enough

Established Member
The m3/m4 stereo is way better than the shaker in the mustangs. Did you mess with the EQ at all? Best factory stereo I've ever had was hands down the jeep srt.

Was the mustang a 17 or 18? Exhaust doesn't change with sport mode ebefore 18.
Yes, I adjusted settings to my liking. There was barely any bass with it all the way up & volume was terrible. I can only imagine driving with the windows down at 70 MPH.Maybe I missed a settings menu for it?
It was a 2017. Definitely got more of the exhaust in track mode.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Then I asked to drive the V & was told just took an out of state deposit on it. LOL yea right. Too lazy to pull from showroom.

I would assume most people dont want to pull a car out of the show room for every dick and tom that just shows up wanting to drive it

Users who are viewing this thread