Help me create a belt selection resource for everyone.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I've got the Billetflow/RR 2.76 upper with 4 pulley setup. The stock belt worked as well as the Gatorback stock replacement.

Mikeyg6767

Established Member
I know most will kill me, but I'm new to this pulley swap. Just got a 04 cobra and looking to swap out my stock pulley.

can anybody explain the whole pulley size belt size and idler ?? exactly what is an idler and what is the diff if you have one or not ??

redstaf426

Established Member
I look through the whole thread and did not find anyone who has my set up,I just recently bought a 4lb metco lower with 2.76 upper 1-100 mm aux idler,2-90mm stock replacement idlers,I've not yet bought a smaller alternator pulley,but it will be purchased before the installation,does any one have the right belt size for my set up??please help....

SoCaLCobra79

Established Member
Cobrabob,

I just got Dougs 2.76 and 4 piece idler set, which size do you recommend and why? There are a couple on your site. Also, is there a reason why you only have one brand vs another??

Thanks for your help!!!

TRBO VNM

I just installed a 2.93 upper, metco 6# lower, 4 billetflow idlers (3-100mm and 1-92mm), lower idler is in the middle hole on the metco bracket.

belt is K080810

a94cobra

Established Member
To comment on my setup. I have a stock upper. 4lb lower. 3.5 Alt. and using a 79 7/10ths belt. It only has 1/8" of idler travel left. I will probably need a slightly shorter belt.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
SoCaLCobra79 said:
Cobrabob,

I just got Dougs 2.76 and 4 piece idler set, which size do you recommend and why? There are a couple on your site. Also, is there a reason why you only have one brand vs another??

Thanks for your help!!!
I don't recommend any one size over another. I only did this table as a "help" to those not knowing what sizes to use with different combos. I haven't tested any of the combos myself. The info came from other users. As a matter of fact, some have said that a couple of the size recommendations don't work. It's a tough call. I'm trying to provide a service BUT I don't have the resources to verify each one.

I only show the Gates and Gatorbacks to keep it as simple as possible.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Another belt size question peeps.

2.8 upper, 4lb lower, 100mm idler, 3.2" alternator pulley

Also, I am going to run a 2.93 on the street and a 2.8 at the track. Will I need a diff belt size for each combo? Thanks

carolinacat

...LOST
Established Member
I ve got a 6#lower 1 100m idler 2 90mm idlers 3.5 alt pulley lower idler pulley is in the bottom hole and the stock blower pulley. Belt length is 81 inches 7080810

svtstan04

Established Member
i have a 2.80 non- slip pulley with 1,000 mm 4-peice idler set with gatorback 74 inch belt ...!!!! fits great !!!!!!!!!!!

SVT 03 Cobra

8lb lower, and 2.76 upper with a 100mm idler takes an 84" belt.... same setup with a 2.93 upper takes an 84.5" belt

Jayson

Last edited by a moderator:

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
Im using a 2lb lower, 2.8" upper with no idlers setup. The belt Im using is a NAPA 5080751. It seems the stock size belt is 75.1 or 75.0 but napa sizing seems wierd, on the back of the box it shows 75 5/8 (what I ordered). Either way it fits tight, and the tensioner has alot more to tension (at the very beginning). A 75.5 belt may have worked, but the 75 5/8 was very tight and this setup looks to be ALOT better than the 76" belt I was using, which was fine at first, but now has seemed to stretch. BTW- Napa's belts look very close to gates belts. Just thought this may help.

-Corey

Users who are viewing this thread