Help me pick new wheels

tboothe

Established Member
For my mystic vert. I have some 18x10 chrome fr500s on there right now.

Dyno006i.jpg

Daytimetrampictures-1.jpg

I sold these wheels and need some new ones. It has to be 17x10.5 in the rear so i can put a good tire on there (probably like a 335 hoosier). I don't really want to spend an arm and a leg on the wheels. What are your opinions? thanks.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
None. It doesn't look like it has been lowered yet in those pictures. If it hasn't then lower it and keep what you got. Nice car by the way.

tboothe

Established Member
A lot of work has been doen.When it runs again, it will have twins and all front suspension. Plus I sold those wheels. Cant put a good enough tire on a 18" rim

cbr repsol

Established Member
Nobody makes it. Im gonna be puttin around 700 on pump gas and ~850 on race gas (both guesstimated). What tires are gonna hook with that power on 18's

probably none, your going to need 15 inch with alot of side wall too hook that much power up.

smknvette

Established Member
I dont think your gonna hook 700hp even on 17's.lol Sweet car man good luck!!!! It's time for a solid rear and some 15in. wheels and et streets.lol

tboothe

Established Member
Solid rear and drag wheels will come in time. Just need something for now. I should hook with the hoosier 335's. I know of a white twin turbo car here that runs those tires and they hook for him, and he is making more power than I am.

Jroc

Established Member
Last edited:

tboothe

Established Member
I saw those. A guy here was running them. He didn't care for them. he gots a lot of wheel hop with those tires. Plus, i already sold the 18's, so too late now.

Users who are viewing this thread