Help please!

Speedy Taylor

Okay, so i'm looking into buying this 04 cobra with 112k miles. he said the only this wrong with it is that it has an exhaust leak and it need a 02 sensor & he said it has a rough time cranking on a cold start. could anyone help with this? thanks in advance.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Going to need more info than that.

I'd be careful. How much are you paying for it? Have you shopped around at all?

Do your self a favor and spend the money on a leak down test. I've had 3 of these cars, the first two I had this done prior to purchase.

My 3rd I didn't get it done because I was in a hurry, and I ended up having low compression across bank 2.

Speedy Taylor

Going to need more info than that.

I'd be careful. How much are you paying for it? Have you shopped around at all?

Do your self a favor and spend the money on a leak down test. I've had 3 of these cars, the first two I had this done prior to purchase.

My 3rd I didn't get it done because I was in a hurry, and I ended up having low compression across bank 2.

it's at a fair price that's why i was looking into it. he said it drives fine and cranks good after the first cold start. but he said it takes about 3 times turning over and then it cranks up. i'll my cars have been 2v besides my mach 1 so i wanted to ask someone who knew about termis.

oldmodman

Established Member
Ask the current owner if the car has had the PPRV delete done to it.

It's what keeps fuel pressure in the fuel rails and fuel line when you shut the car off. if it is sitting overnight the first cold start in the morning will take more cranking to pressurize the fuel system before fuel squirts out the injectors. I seem to remember that your tuner can command the fuel pumps to stay on until the fuel pressure reaches it's normal resting pressure. As it is with the stock tune the fuel pump will only run for a second or two when you turn the key on until it actually senses the engine cranking.

wckdvnm

Established Member

It's what keeps fuel pressure in the fuel rails and fuel line when you shut the car off. if it is sitting overnight the first cold start in the morning will take more cranking to pressurize the fuel system before fuel squirts out the injectors. I seem to remember that your tuner can command the fuel pumps to stay on until the fuel pressure reaches it's normal resting pressure. As it is with the stock tune the fuel pump will only run for a second or two when you turn the key on until it actually senses the engine cranking.

^this it was across all Ford vehicles in the early 2000's from my experience. Some early f-150's like mine it linked to the pats and wouldn't allow fuel pumps to turn over but would allow you to crank the truck. And my car had 106 when I got it and now it's at 119 about to be 120 but mine does the same. If you cycle the key a couple times it will fire right up; but it's also time for a new fuel filter soooo yeah.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I think thats some what normal..

mine cranks a few before it fires..

strange..times I had to push start car it would start instantly

jrichber

browser
Established Member
My car takes a few second to build up fuel as well. As did my 95 mustang. It is not anything that would sway me from buying a car. I pretty much crank on my car for 2 seconds, let it sit for 2 seconds, then it fires right up. Anything after that the car fires up right away.

Speedy Taylor

Okay, i'll ask him. i'm just wanting to know if it's going to be a big problem to fix or not? i don't mind to spend a couple hundred bucks to fix it right, but i don't want to spend a couple grand fixing it either

Users who are viewing this thread